Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

What are the main "All New All Different" Titles I should read to keep up with major events in the universe?

Avatar image for thecookingcardsman
    TheCookingCardsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello everyone. I'm a little new comics, and I enjoy watching the marvel movies. I decided to start reading the comics too, and I was very happy to see that Marvel had done a reboot/relaunch recently. I know that there was an event called Secret Wars, and basically there are no multiverses in the marvel universe now.

There are so many comics that are released that I'm not really sure which ones I should choose. Yes, I know that I should choose some of my favorite heroes/heroins, but my question is; which comics should I read that let me keep track of the main events in the universe. I know that some comics have barely any impact on what's going on. Whereas others, such as Iron Man perhaps, probably have a big impact to the universe overall if there were ever some big event to happen. That's why I just wanted to know the major comics that everyone should read to keep up with the Marvel Universe. Thank you for all the answers =)

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Invincible ironman has been good so far(ignoring starks AI Friday). Doctor Strange is terrible unfortunately me being a huge doctor strange fan. Contest of Campions has been cool. I havent read a whole lot of the new stuff yet. I enjoyed the first issue of Hercules also

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Invincible ironman has been good so far(ignoring starks AI Friday). Doctor Strange is terrible unfortunately me being a huge doctor strange fan. Contest of Campions has been cool. I havent read a whole lot of the new stuff yet. I enjoyed the first issue of Hercules also

Okay, so I'm not the only one taking issue with the new Doctor Strange series.

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strangetales said:

The characterization of him is so off. The whole time its like "Oh my god, my life is sooo crazy" "Just another day, NBD! Yeah I know, that's why I bought the book. Stop telling me about it. Acting like its nothing when he clearly thinks it's something. Stephen is a humble and sophisticated man. I think of him as a gentleman. Hes almost like a frat boy douche in this... Im not sure exactly what words to use.

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jrupert1

@strangetales said:
    @devilsmaydie said:
    @strangetales said:

The characterization of him is so off. The whole time its like "Oh my god, my life is sooo crazy" "Just another day, NBD! Yeah I know, that's why I bought the book. Stop telling me about it. Acting like its nothing when he clearly thinks it's something. Stephen is a humble and sophisticated man. I think of him as a gentleman. Hes almost like a frat boy douche in this... Im not sure exactly what words to use.

The worst part is it had the gull to open with a recap of who Dr Strange is and then immediately throw it all away. I mean, apparently there's a sorcerer bar where they just hang out. We find out Strange is kind of a shitty Sorcerer Supreme who gets berated by some guy for not giving thought to payment for spells (yeah apparently all magic works similar to how black magic used to). He's seen as that sort of reckless loose canon among his "friends" in the magic community. He's less competent, respected, and... well I'd say you used words good enough.

So far I have been disappointed with the series.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By Stahlflamme

@thecookingcardsman said:

Hello everyone. I'm a little new comics, and I enjoy watching the marvel movies. I decided to start reading the comics too, and I was very happy to see that Marvel had done a reboot/relaunch recently. I know that there was an event called Secret Wars, and basically there are no multiverses in the marvel universe now.

There are so many comics that are released that I'm not really sure which ones I should choose. Yes, I know that I should choose some of my favorite heroes/heroins, but my question is; which comics should I read that let me keep track of the main events in the universe. I know that some comics have barely any impact on what's going on. Whereas others, such as Iron Man perhaps, probably have a big impact to the universe overall if there were ever some big event to happen. That's why I just wanted to know the major comics that everyone should read to keep up with the Marvel Universe. Thank you for all the answers =)

All-New All-Different Avengers will be the one leading into the first event which starts in January, I believe. With this being the team consistent of Marvels current stars and basically the main Avengers title it seems like the most obvious choice.

Also Marvel is doing a lot of events these days in a short time some of which don't actually have much of an impact except for the titles directly involved. Don't feel compelled to buy all events, its not that difficult to keep up with the marvel universe without having read them all.

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strangetales said:
    @devilsmaydie said:
    @strangetales said:

The worst part is it had the gull to open with a recap of who Dr Strange is and then immediately throw it all away. I mean, apparently there's a sorcerer bar where they just hang out. We find out Strange is kind of a shitty Sorcerer Supreme who gets berated by some guy for not giving thought to payment for spells (yeah apparently all magic works similar to how black magic used to). He's seen as that sort of reckless loose canon among his "friends" in the magic community. He's less competent, respected, and... well I'd say you used words good enough.

So far I have been disappointed with the series.

Youve pretty much summed up my feelings there. Hit the nail on the head. I mean he calls upon the Vishanti to cast Cyttorak's Crimson Bands and then wonders why it didnt work. Hmm... I wonder. (Its wasnt the reason why the spell didnt work but it should have been). This definitely isnt my doctor strange. Ill read the next couple issues but ill probably just continue to buy and read the old volumes and drop this... which will break my heart

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.