Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

"We're Getting the Band Back Together" Lemire and Sorrentino on OLD MAN LOGAN

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Jeff Lemire, Andrea Sorrentino, and Marcelo Maiolo are one heck of a creative combination. They took GREEN ARROW and made it into a premiere book at DC and right now, their SECRET WARSOLD MAN LOGAN book is is one of the coolest tie-in series.

Now, as Jeff Lemire announced on Twitter, the team is getting back together again for a new OLD MAN LOGAN series.

So take a look at that picture. On the left of Logan is what looks like Iron Man, and on the right is what seems to be Miles Morales. How are these characters going to tie into this book? Or is this cover more showing Logan's past life compared to his new life, where he's actually best friends with Miles Morales, creating a fanboy-like dream book?

Let us know what you think about this new series and we'll keep you updated as more develops.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

As glad as I am to see them together again, I don't have that much interest in OML.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I wanted this team on Daredevil......

Jakk_Al_Ghul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

They would do better on Daredevil.

batarangbamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yea I'm ready for Lemire and Sorrentino to make some of the best X-Men stories ever.

Ando123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A dream team :D

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO ... old man logan was a good story because it existed in its own bubble and was drawn by steve mcniven ...it was a unique story and setting and style ...now he's going to get overexposed and cheapened by having him in another continuity and in secret wars ,,,and drawn by any artist ...nothing against Andrea Sorrentino he's a great artist In his own right.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

HEY! I'M STUPIDLY EXCITED FOR THIS, YOU CYNICAL BASTARDS.

Hot damn.

Buncha whiners.

Saint_Talker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best news so far this year! I love that it sounds like Lemire will be heading the X books.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Haven't bought an issue of an ongoing Wolverine comic since the 90's. These guy's are going to break that cycle.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

They would have killed on Daredevil. I'm excited for Soule, Garney...not so much.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Sorrentino drawing Wolverine is just perfect

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

miles is on the cover

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Interesting, while I love Jeff Lemire, it will take a lot of persuading for me to check out Old Man Logan

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The art alone makes me want to get this book

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By saoakden

These two on Old Man Logan, oh HELL YEAH! I LOVE THESE TWO ON GREEN ARROW!! I'M SUPER EXCITED FOR THIS!

Side note, Lemire seems to be a very busy guy on the Marvel books. I think I saw his name on like 3 or 4 books.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, might actually have to check this out.

eamon542000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By eamon542000

Take that DC!!!

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This. I would love it if they did Daredevil

ia0delond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ia0delond

Ok Lemire and Sorrentino on the same book again. I have to buy this despite the fact it is a mutant book.

I hate muties. Stealing our jobs and things.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@jaken7 said:

HEY! I'M STUPIDLY EXCITED FOR THIS,

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

You have attention.

mrBlonde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10/10 WILL BUY

But now that I've read the previous comments, I agree that this team would do great with Daredevil but they'll do great with anyone, I feel it in my bones.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By EdBlank

Agreed. The whole thing about Old Man Logan was the bizarre mish mash of characters. I loved that they had Spider Man's car for some random reason. S*** like that. Basically making Wolverine an old man in 616 (will it still be 616?) and giving his suit to X23 is kinda weaksauce.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I am so freaking sold on this.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

Yes!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

I saw Spider-Man on cover so i lost all my interest on the title.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
    Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

So much yes!!!

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm of THIS mind when it comes to Old Man Logan, the story not the character. At it's heart, it's meant to be the "Dark Knight Returns" for Wolverine. Ever since that came out we've seen it done with a LOT of heroes. They're out of the game for a long while, things get worse, they have to come back and reclaim their place as a hero. Since then we've seen it with Superman in Kingdom Come(Yeah I count that story as "The Man of Steel Returns" in a way), Spider-Man in Spider-Man: Reign, and a few others I'm probably forgetting.

Now does Old Man Logan hold up? No. As a story, or rather concept for a story? Yes it's really interesting. An older and broken Logan is forced to come out of retirement and through a series of adventures ends up finding the will to become Wolverine again. However... It makes the mistake of two things.

1: Wolverine is feared and with good reason, but Millar paint's him to almost "Batgod" levels in the story! Granted it's easier to do when your main character is nigh-indestructible and has claws that can cut through nearly anything like a hot knife through butter. AND while I could see him being feared by a lot of the villains due to, well, the fact he IS nigh-indestructible and unlike many other heroes... he has no qualms about gutting you. But Millar does so many disservices. Punisher and Daredevil are killed off unceremoniously, Spider-Man's granddaughter is a villain, Hawkeye gets axed, and it paints such a... Depressingly bleak world. I mean yeah, I can handle bleak worlds, Mad Max fan right here, but... Damn. Everything is to make Wolverine look good and almost infallible whereas everyone else(Both legacies and characters themselves) are expendable.

2: The Hulk should have just been Maestro. Seriously!!! He was IN the Maestro role essentially!! There was no need to just make some random villain Hulk form for Bruce!! HE ALREADY HAS ONE!!!!!! Maestro would have been far more interesting and logical, and would have prevented Hulk from being the Superman to Wolverine's Frank Miller Batman. Yeah, Hulk is one of those heroes where it's FAR easier to stage a fight between him and another hero due to his anger issues, but if you EVER want a villain Hulk? Maestro is the way to go!!!

In short I don't mind Old Man Logan himself, despite the universe he comes from. I LIKE the idea of Logan being an older, more grizzled, and gruffer man, not even bothering to go by a codename anymore. It let's Marvel keep him around, but not technically go back on them killing the original Logan off either and let's X-23 keep the Wolverine identity.

BlueJay2324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a Wolverine fan. I just have never liked the character. Maybe it's the picture that's painted of him as THE badass, maybe it's the fact that I have always been a bigger fan of Cyclops, maybe I just hate Hugh Jackman and that didn't help me with the character at all. I've recently been going back and reading Remender's run on Uncanny X-Force and it's been the first time I've enjoyed the character (coincidentally I can say the same thing about Deadpool). That being said, I wasn't the biggest fan of Old Man Logan but I'm going back to read it with the essence of that book being pulled both into Secret Wars and the new universe. I want to give this characterization of Logan a shot. Even if it's at the bottom of my list of reads I'll still keep this on my pull for a while. As far as the creative team, Lemire is on my radar, and I've like some of his work, but I just don't enjoy Sorrentino as much as a lot of other people. I know a lot of people enjoy it, but if I want to see a book with a lot of heart put into the art I look toward something like Del Mundo on Elektra. I just enjoy the lighter color pallet. But like I said, going to give this a try, and hopefully that won't break the bank. Heck, maybe I'll enjoy it a ton.

Ando123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love this combination, I really enjoyed their Green Arrow Run and I'm definitely going to love their OLD MAN LOGAN run

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

OH CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!! Lemire and Sorentino again!?!?!? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn now I miss his Green Arrow

~MiB

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the many I'll be buying at least the first issue of.

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lemire and Sorentino

*Reunited and it feeeeels so goooooood*

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By VanderSEXXX

WHOA!!! Now this is a creative team I would like to see writing about Logan in the new universe.

derf_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hiding excitement hasn't been this difficult since the first pool day in 9th grade.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#37  Edited By The Impersonator

It'll be interesting to see how Sabretooth will react to Logan's older version.

KASPERCOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with the second poster. These guys should be creating a Daredevil ongoing. Let Old Man Logan rest in peace. I'm not really liking the story Brian Michael Bendis is trying to tell right now.

DarthDanMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't read a Wolverine comic before now but it looks like that's going to change now. I still miss Lemire and Sorrentino in the DCU though.

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeshh!!!

At least it's not proper Wolverine being subjected to this.

I would like to see this horrible book failing, so Marvel would finally get rid of this piece-of-crap character, but that would be having to much faith in today's readership.

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't read a Wolverine comic before now but it looks like that's going to change now. I still miss Lemire and Sorrentino in the DCU though.

There's no change. You wont be reading a Wolverine book.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that I've had three days to think about it:

This is the only All-New Marvel book that I'll definitely be reading.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Right creative team - wrong book title.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I honestly think they shouldn't have restarted in Secret Wars, I don't like where the story is going in the new Old Man Logan issue 2, it's weird and contradicts the original Old Man Logan

Honestly, I was hoping he'd go on the wasteland, free the people, have some hardships but start a new Avengers; he had the Hulk baby when we left off and there are other heroes who could return; new mutants could be possible, since Venom was still around Toxin might be too, a new Iron Fist or Moon Knight could show up, etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.