Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Way To Bring It Back Home Marvel!

Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 7

Edited By Gold Dust Boi

I really have to hand it to Marvel.  No matter how out there some storylines seem to get, in some way they always manage to bring it back to where they started.  For example, when Jean first died and came back as Phoenix, Marvel started out with an amazing new character and then through the years from this character we go-t the Black Queen, then Dark Phoenix, Rachel Summers, Madelyne Prior and , baby Nathan.  Then just when the story got so out there with magic and demons and Mr. Sinister, Marvel brought it all back to the Phoenix and Jean's original death.  

Well, they are doing it again!  Waaaaaay back in Avengers Disassembled we started a crazy journey where one event lead right into another right off into space.  We went from Avengers Disassembled to House of M to M-Day and the Decimation.  During Decimation we had Son of M and Deadly Genesis, the reprecussions of which brought us Silent War and Kingsbreaker which sent the Inhumans and Vulcan into space to fight in the War of Kings (no yes the other half of the War was coming from the Annihilations but the Inhumans and Vulcan were crucial to this storyline).  The fallout from the War ripped open the Fault and brought us into the Realm of Kings which dragged us right into the Thanos Imperative.

By the time we got to Annihilators, the direct follow up to Thanos Imperative,  we were so far from the Avengers and X-men that started a large chunk of this debacle that i decided not to bother with Annihilators because I was never HUGE into the cosmic section of Marvel.  BUT ALAS! I was a bit premature it seems...

Today I read that Marvel is once again bringing things right back to where they started after Annihilators with Annihilartors: Earthfall!  To be honest, I am not sure what teh storyline is going to be, it seems to involve Nova and Warlock somehow but I am not sure.  The important thing that grabbed my attention is that this next story will bring the Annihilators back to earth and team then up (or pit them against) the Earth Mightest Heroes, the Avengers. 

I don't know if this was the plan the entire time or if Marvel just though this up later but either way, AWESOME!  Tomorrow when Annihilators #4 comes out, I'm going to pick up issues 2 and 3 (I already have #1) and catch up in time for this huge encounter!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cattlebattle

I honestly think Marvel does this stuff blindly, I love Marvel but some of their story lines are just really unnecessary

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#2  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Warlock and Nova you say? They are dead!

Anyway, here is the teaser from Annihilators #4

No Caption Provided
    Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gold Dust Boi
    @jloneblackheart: I love that pic, I didnt even see it anywhere.  I haven't picked up Annihilators #2-4 yet. Was it any good?
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#4  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@Gold Dust Boi: Not exceptionally. Not terrible, but not great either. Hopefully they will expand the dynamics of the team better later.

But the second story with Rocket Raccoon and Groot was great, especially if you've read the Rocket Raccoon mini from the 80s. If you didn't, it's still very entertaining.

labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By labarith

Remember we may be seeing GOTG (Starlord version) in the next season of Avengers animated series.  So it makes sense to bring back some of the characters (Nova and Starlord were stuck in the Cancerverse fighting thanos).  Thanos returning seems like a big deal, worthy of a 4 issue mini series or so. 

Now the question is this:  When the next comic event comes around, will Earth be involved?  I kind of hope so.

Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gold Dust Boi
    @labarith: I don't know what the next cross over is after Earthfall but I hope that after its over Nova is back and that the cosmic angle of Marvel is more closely connected with Earth and not the other side of the universe again.  Not that I minded Realm of Kings and all the far out cosmic stuff but I wouldn't mind seeing Nova, Quasar and even Silver Surfer interacting with Earth again.
    labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By labarith

Silver Surfer's helping Galactus out right now, so unless you want a bad case of Wolverinism, I think that's a no-go. 

Nova would be good.  I think SWORD should have something to do with this... maybe the GOTG can set up with them, and leave KNOW-where to the big dogs. 

But in all reality, I think the "cosmic event" trend has been pretty damned awesome.  Throwing too many earth heroes in there just complicates things, I think.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By HellionVulcan

Earthfalls story is this - an all-too-familiar cosmic threat has returned, this time with Earth as his beachhead. His followers span a thousand worlds, awaiting only the word to begin new wars in his name... unless the ANNIHILATORS can silence him first! So why do THE AVENGERS stand in their way, and what are the true stakes if either side fails?

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By CATPANEXE
    @jloneblackheart said:

@Gold Dust Boi: Not exceptionally. Not terrible, but not great either. Hopefully they will expand the dynamics of the team better later.

But the second story with Rocket Raccoon and Groot was great, especially if you've read the Rocket Raccoon mini from the 80s. If you didn't, it's still very entertaining.

I agree fully with this opinion, especially the Rocket and Groot part. Those stories made me smile from cheek to ear.
    No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.