Watch Marvel Animated Shows Through The PlayStation Network

Posted by G-Man (36762 posts) - - Show Bio
I have to admit that I'm a huge PlayStation fan. I know a lot of people go on and on about their Xbox but for me, it's all about Sony's pride and joy. Last week Sony Network Entertainment International contacted us about some Marvel animated shows that are now available on PlayStation Network.

Awesome video games, Blu-rays and now Marvel cartoons can be played on the PlayStation. What shows are available?
  • The Super Hero Squad Show
  • X-Men: Evolution
  • Wolverine and the X-Men
  • Iron Man: Extremis Motion Comic
  • Spider-Woman: Agent of SWORD Motion Comic
  • Astonishing X-Men: Gifted Motion Comic

Those that buy the "Director's Edition" of the Iron Man: Extremis series in comic book shops will be able to download the corresponding episode free from PlayStation Network when it's released.

Shows are available in SD or HD by navigating TV Shows>Networks>Marvel within the PlayStation Store. For more information, check with the PlayStation Network on your PS3.
#1 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

No Spider-Man: Animated series?

#2 Posted by FLStyle (368 posts) - - Show Bio
"Spider-man, Spider-man, Radio-active Spider-man"

Spider-Man: The Animated Series was one of my favourites. If it's not on there I'm not interested, not that the service is available for us UKers because apparently we're not worth the effort.
#3 Posted by Blackestnight (640 posts) - - Show Bio

sweet.

And I'm a playstation and Marvel guy myself.

#4 Posted by Dek7264 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Are these free to view? If so, I'm sure I'll be checking some out.

#5 Posted by Hamz (342 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a great step forward for this sort of stuff and for the PS3 / Sony in particular. Thanks for the heads up ;)

#6 Posted by brendon277 (513 posts) - - Show Bio

Are the shows free????

#7 Posted by sora_thekey (8179 posts) - - Show Bio
@brendon277 said:
" Are the shows free???? "
#8 Posted by salarymanjam (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Wish they would do something like this for Europe...

#9 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

so i buy my ps3 on launch day and am a huge comic fan , but because iam english once again we gets screwed with the content. Looks cool thou G-Man

#10 Posted by Pando (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Well being in Australia I'm sure we won't get this.

#11 Posted by damswedon (499 posts) - - Show Bio

if it weren't for the fact im in the UK i would get Super Hero Squad.

#12 Posted by growup (525 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pando said:
" Well being in Australia I'm sure we won't get this. "
Is that why you have a koala as your icon?
#13 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7906 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent said:

" so i buy my ps3 on launch day and am a huge comic fan , but because iam english once again we gets screwed with the content. Looks cool thou G-Man "

Amen.
I cant even get my PS3 online somthing to do with wires or somthing i never did manage to have enough patients to try and figure it out :S
#14 Posted by Pando (11 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Justice: yes
#15 Posted by spiderpigbart (2651 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't have a PS3, but I have a PSP.  Will it be possible to get the shows for it?  If not....... well, I don't know.  To uTorrent, I guess.

#16 Posted by spiderpigbart (2651 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, now that I think about it, I've already seen some of these on the PSN.

#17 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omega Ray Jay:  the consoles are wireless enabled man to get online
#18 Posted by Wade4Rogue (1 posts) - - Show Bio

im now going to buy a ps3
#19 Posted by Redfield (22 posts) - - Show Bio
@FLStyle said:
""Spider-man, Spider-man, Radio-active Spider-man"  Spider-Man: The Animated Series was one of my favourites. If it's not on there I'm not interested, not that the service is available for us UKers because apparently we're not worth the effort. "

Yeah, it seems no American companies want our cash... Oh well, sooner or later someone will realize that I want to pay them for entertainment...
#20 Posted by davidkenneth (443 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they're free there is no sense in buy them when you can watch them for free on hulu.
#21 Posted by Kid_Zombie (824 posts) - - Show Bio

SWEET! this is awesome!

Shitty people cant get this, I'm in canada I think i should get this, hopefully ha ha

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.