Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Wanted to start Marvel

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
    blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So basicaly I wanted to start reading Marvel Now but I am confuse because there are too many x men and avengers titles so can anyone explain to me that what each of them are about???

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@blackhawk000111: They are about different members of the Avengers and X-Men doing different things. What exactly has caught your interest?

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By blackhawk000111

@jonny_anonymous: Deadpool,secret avengersand punisher.I wanted to konw hat is the difference b/w different Avengers and x men teams

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@blackhawk000111: Hm well

Uncanny Avengers is an amalgamation of the X-Men and the Avengers and they try and combat mutant related problems. It's relatively self contained.

Avengers is the main Avengers title and the main theme of that is the idea of the "Avengers World" and by that I mean the team is trying to expand by getting bigger and trying to cover galactic level threats.

New Avengers is about the Illuminati, a secret group of the worlds smartest and most influential super beings trying to save the world by very questionable means.

Avengers World focuses of different members of the Avengers each month and tells stories that connect with Avengers and New Avengers. All three books are connected but can be read separately.

Mighty Avengers is a team formed by Luke Cage to fight more down to earth threats while the big main team is off in space or whatever.

All New X-Men is about the original 5 X-Men (Cyclops, Jean Grey, Ice Man, Beast and Angel) coming from the past to the present and realising everything has changed.

Uncanny X-Men is about Cyclops New Xavier's School and his Mutant revolution.

Wolverine & the X-Men is about the Jean Grey School and focuses on the teachers and young mutants.

X-Factor is about a team of corporate funded Mutants.

These are the books I read/have read so I'm not sure about the rest

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fubar20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fubar20

To add to this list

Secret Avengers has more to do with a covert team of avengers taking on secret missions with SHEILD.

Undercover Avengers although not out yet, has to do with surviving members of Avengers Arena going undercover and infiltrating a villainous group but the longer they are undercover the more the "the line between good and bad is blurred"

Basically every title is a branch of the same team doing different missions or going through different adventures. Usually self contained too until the next "big event" comes through.

And almost all of them have Captain America or Wolverine lol

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By blackhawk000111

@fubar20: Thank you very much can youtell me about x men too??

fubar20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By fubar20

Sorry for the late response, I only get 5 post a day apparently.

I actually just started reading X-men and I'm only 3 issues in but so far it's pretty good. Since I just started reading X-men titles, I find myself looking up character bios on comicvine of characters I'm not too familiar with in order to get a good understanding of who is who and what powers they have. It's an all girl cast which is pretty cool and the first story arc is only 3 issues long which I think is short enough to see if you'll like it or not. Personally, I'll keep reading it but everyone has different tastes when it comes to comics.

Good luck and let me know if you have more questions!

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fubar20: Sorry for the late response too,I have few titles and I realy like marvel

These are the tiltes I like

Captan America

Ironman

The Punisher

Uncanny X Men

Wolverine and X Men

Blackwidow

Superior Spiderman

Captain Marvel

Secret Avengers

Fanastic Four

All new X men

Ms Marvel

fubar20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackhawk000111: Oh cool! Captain America is awesome in my opinion. The first arc is really long but "Escape from Dimension Z" is really interesting and it's got lots of twists and turns!

The punisher run is currently my favorite All- New ongoing title. The plot is simple but there is alot of action and the art is amazing!

Glad you liked it them!

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fubar20: I just read punisher and its amazing

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.