Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Want to Attend the Next Great Marvel Event as a Marvel Unlimited Plus Member?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

As you've likely heard, Marvel Studios had a gigantic event this week with a ton of news. The event where they announced details for their Phase 3 line of movies was geared towards the press but they weren't the only ones that got invited.

No Caption Provided

While the El Capitan Theater was packed, 20% of the theater was reserved for local Marvel Unlimited Plus members. This is just another added perk to being a subscriber to Marvel Unlimited Plus. Some members that attended were in costume and were cheering loudly.

Here's some shots from the event. (Click to enlarge).

This isn't the first time members have gained exclusive access. During New York Comic Con, Marvel held another private event at the Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N. in Times Square with 20% of the attendees being Marvel Unlimited Plus members. This is where the big SECRET WARS by Jonathan Hickman announcement was made. Besides an open bar and snacks, attendees also got to check out what the Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N. was all about. At conventions, there's usually a private panel with Marvel's top creators where exclusive news and imagery is shown.

What else do you get with Marvel Unlimited Plus?

No Caption Provided
    • Exclusive Hasbro Marvel Legends Rocket Raccoon Figure
    • Limited Edition Rocket Raccoon #1 Variant Comic Book with cover art by Sara Pichelli
    • Limited Edition Rocket Raccoon #2 Variant Comic Book with cover art by Skottie Young
    • 15% Off Digital Comics & Collections at the Marvel Digital Comic Shop Every Day
    • 10% Off Marvel Merchandise at MarvelShop.com Every Day

For new or older readers, some new features have been added. If you've ever wondered where to begin with certain characters, there is now a "Discover" section which can help you on your way whether it's story arcs, characters, or even creators.

New Marvel Unlimited Updates:

DISCOVER

We have been doing some continuous updates to Marvel Unlimited and an additional piece that we have yet to promote and show is our new DISCOVER section. In this section, accessible through marvel.com and Marvel Unlimited through web and mobile devices, readers are now able to discover new pathways into the Marvel Universe by being able to search by their favorite character, creator or event. And now with Marvel Studio’s Phase 3 being announced, fans are looking for a deep dive into these new Marvel properties.

Want to learn about Marvel’s Civil War? Marvel Unlimited will show you the entire series and offer you a step-by-step suggested reading order. Curious about who Dr. Strange is? Marvel Unlimited is here to provide you with his most heroic Marvel Moments. Love Olivier Coipel’s artistic style? Marvel Unlimited can now show you some of his most acclaimed work all in one place.

Marvel Unlimited’s Discover section is your helpful guided tour into the Marvel Universe and is continuously being updated.

This is an excellent way to catch up or become reacquainted with past comics and storylines. You have access to thousands of comics which you can read on your tablet, smart phone or desktop. New comics are added every week. You can get started by clicking HERE. For the cost of basically two comics a month, you get so much in return.

It's a great service. And I'm not just reporting on it, I'm also a member.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Insert Illuminati joke here?

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

That is a pretty cool perk for those who live somewhere where something like this might feasibly occur.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Those are some really cool perks.

LiveForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I just subscribed to Plus with a promo last week. $60 per year I think it came out to. Used to be a non-plus member. Gotta say, I love it.

Avatar image for comicvine_is_jericho529
    comicvine_is_jericho529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

now people are going to subscribe just for the events lol

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

don't live in new York or L.A. where these events happen so...pass. nice try marvel

ChocolateFrogs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I love the Marvel Unlimited service, and just recently grabbed a discounted price for the Plus year-long service. If I read one comic every day, I'm paying 20 cents per issue for a year (and if I do feel inclined to read a story again later, then I can probably justify buying the trade). (The Rocket statue and issues are an added bonus.)

It's great for catching up on things before I started collecting, or recent things I can no read because I certainly can't buy everything that comes out.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone explain what it is in twenty words or less please?

ChocolateFrogs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@cave_duck: $10 gets you one month's digital access to almost* every Marvel comic older than six months. (Year subscription=$70, Plus perks=$100/year.)

*Almost.

(Ok, that was slightly more than 20 words.)

By my math, if you read one comic a day through the service, that's $10/30 issues which comes out to 33 cents an issue. Pretty snazzy deal IMO to be able to catch up on things when buying that many graphic novels isn't financially feasible to most people.

It works best on a smartphone or tablet, but reading on the website isn't too bad either.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.