Want A 'Quick Look' At Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2?

Posted by G-Man (34236 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 came out this week.  Did you buy it?  Are you unsure if you should get it?  Are you too busy playing to be reading this?  

Ryan and Vinny from Giant Bomb have shared a "Quick Look" for the game.  Check out the video to hear their commentary and to check out a bunch of footage of gameplay.  Whose side will you be on?

I'll admit I haven't picked up the game.  My problem is I'm a little scared.  Yes, scared.  The thing is I don't have a lot of time on my hands.  I can barely keep up with reading all the awesome comic titles that come out each week.  I have a feeling that getting this game would suck me in and I might disappear from the Vine for a few days.

Are you playing the game?  What characters do you enjoy playing as?  Did this game rock as much as you thought it would?
Staff
#1 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

Please tell me Patriot is a playable character.....

#2 Posted by The Englander (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

My X-box stopped reading the disc in the middle of the game, I'm trying to clean the optical lens

#3 Posted by #1ElderScrollsFan (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

I want this game but I will wait till it goes down in price.

#4 Posted by Man of Lengend (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

this game was absolutly amazing i played it though once already i want to do it again like ASAP so i love the game
#5 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the look at the game, i am totally  buying it now XD looks awesome.

#6 Posted by Gr4hf (1 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling: Nope, roster is kinda harsh actually. 
@The Englander:
 Try just burning the game to the HD and then deleting it when youre finished. 

Beat it this morning.  I think I only got it cause I loved the X-Men games and Batman was great.
#7 Posted by kittenpride (121 posts) - - Show Bio

AAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhh!
I wanna play sooo bad... but soooo broke!

#8 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I have it, it's still sitting wrapped up... maybe i'll open it today.

#9 Posted by sandyp3000 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

ive been playing it since tuesday... i just came on to see whats going on... i think ill go back because my hero's dont level up without me

#10 Posted by biggkeem89 (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

I got it Wednesday and me and my roommate have been pwning. Finely crafted and great game. I've played WAAYY to much already. So, much for that college degree
#11 Posted by sora_thekey (8175 posts) - - Show Bio
@kittenpride said:
" AAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhh! I wanna play sooo bad... but soooo broke! "
Same here!!!
#12 Posted by dancingphlower (84 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not quite sold on the roster, but I still want it.

#13 Posted by Legend of Zelda (397 posts) - - Show Bio

Whose Talking?

#14 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Mine was a bit glitchy but I do enjoy it.

I love Iron Fist but that was gonna happen anyway. I've even learned to appreciate some characters from previous games that are more fun this time around. Like Gambit and Invisible Woman are really fun. My only problem is it is a bit short. Already played it through anti-registration and now doing it pro-registration.

#15 Posted by Stormultt (5317 posts) - - Show Bio

thx G-man or should i say SHOW OFFF!!!...i dont even have the game yet *cries* im sorry i need a moment...
#16 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

still haven't finished playing the first game....

#17 Posted by skprgb (98 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone have the wii version? kinda curious if it sux cuz gamespot gave it a 4.5 :-(

#18 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard the PSP version got delayed. That means I wont be playing until after boot camp.

#19 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Englander said:
"My X-box stopped reading the disc in the middle of the game, I'm trying to clean the optical lens "

x-box had recalls before for scratching games.  within the last year.  no kidding
#20 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool looks awful, like he's got on pajamas on with boots
#21 Posted by Pez85 (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one that laughed when Reed is talking to Iceman and says "cooler heads must prevail"?

#22 Posted by The Reservoir Dog (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool, Juggernaut, Penance, and Songbird my dream team!!!!

#23 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@skprgb said:
" anyone have the wii version? kinda curious if it sux cuz gamespot gave it a 4.5 :-( "
WOW.

I almost bought it just for Psylocke... but a 4.5... that's too low for 50 bucks.

@King Quisling said:
" Please tell me Patriot is a playable character..... "

no, but if you go pro-reg, you have to fight him, ]= it's heartbreaking.

@pixelized said:
" I have it, it's still sitting wrapped up... maybe i'll open it today. "

I have, i'm enjoying it.

@PrinceIMC said:
" Mine was a bit glitchy but I do enjoy it. 
Jessica Drew like phased through a crate
#24 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL, I love the game, and should be playing it now but, I hate working as a team V_V
#25 Edited by Fleonix (169 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked this game way better than the first.......favorite character would be Jean Grey.... favorite fusion Iceman and Storm and Jean and Wolverine.......awesome game......i highly recommended it.

#26 Posted by The Englander (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

My favourite characters in the game: Daredevil, Spider-man, Iron Fist, Invisible Woman, and Deadpool.

#27 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio

this game looks amazing.  

#28 Edited by morf (85 posts) - - Show Bio

I live in Norway(The Cold, Scandinavian one).... Marvel ultimate alliance 2 European release date: 25th september.... My opinion to different release dates set by location: NYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

#29 Posted by leky (101 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling said:
" Please tell me Patriot is a playable character..... "
nope!
#30 Posted by leky (101 posts) - - Show Bio
WTF?!Ryan´s voice changes to Jeff ´s when Ryan says Mash the B button!
#31 Posted by adoggez1 (52 posts) - - Show Bio

deadpool all the way

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.