Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Update on 'Marvel NOW!' and the New #1 Issues in October

• 177 results
    Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#151  Edited By Funrush

Gonna try to pick up Avengers, unfortunately, it's a biweekly series, so I probably won't have the cash to do so.

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#152  Edited By Cafeterialoca

@drphilter said:

@Cafeterialoca: How do you know what series will be replacing what? I haven't seen those announcements all I am praying for is that none of this affects Uncanny X-force or Venom. Like I LOVE Remender and I will get Uncanny Avengers for the sake of it being Rick but X-Force better not be affected or I am done with Marvel. I am already all but done because of these silly dumbass "EVENTS".

Because I actually look on the writer's twitters as well as other news sites? I mean http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marvel-now-revamp-what-we-know-so-far.html right here says Uncanny X-Men to be replaced by All New X-Men. And keep in mind, Remender has up to 3 books right now, excluding Venom but including Uncanny X-Force, and there's a rumor he's going to take over Captain America. Can he manage 4 books?

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#153  Edited By X35

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

Brevoort: Brian decided that if he was going to write X-Men, he had to start at the beginning. [Laughs.] He knew nothing, and he read X-Men #1 and went, "Great! I want to write that now."

That must've been the approach to everything else he's ever wrote.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#154  Edited By leokearon

@Mrfuzzynutz said:

Man, October can't get here soon enough, someone has to explain this image to me lol

Why is Ultimate Nick Fury wearing an old main universe Steve Rodgers uniform?

Why the hell would Thor need his hammer AND 2 swords?

Why did they replace Richard for Sam as NOVA...REALLY??

And for the love of god...whassup with that SKEETS looking thing?!

That's Nick Fury Jr http://www.comicvine.com/marcus-johnson/29-80752/

Well during the Reigning he used the Bloodaxe and his hammer

Because Sam is Cruical and to the max!

James_Jnr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#155  Edited By James_Jnr

That was my exact reaction. Cassaday is my all time favourite artists and I've loved Remender's run on Uncanny X-Force and Venom. After Snyder, he's my "break out star" of the last couple of years. Cannot wait to see what they can deliver. I don't know how it can be anything but amazing.

Werupenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Werupenstein

I don't understand who Marvel or DC is expecting to come on board with these relaunches that wasn't already buying the books.

You can't get comics at all around here unless you go to a comicbook store and the only people going to comicbook stores are already buying the books.

If they want more readers, they have to get the books in reach of impulse buyers again; not resort to fanboy scams.

AndromedaOmega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#157  Edited By AndromedaOmega

She-Hulk is still gonna get pooped on. :/

Oh, and totally unsure about Scott's new outfit. And oh wow Jean.

drphilter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#158  Edited By drphilter

@Cafeterialoca: Yeah I follow Remender but I couldn't find anything about what books he's leaving. His stint on Venom is up, too sad. So that leaves Uncanny X-Force, Secret Avengers and soon to be Uncanny Avengers. I presume they would ditch Secret Avengers after this. I can't imagine Marvel would be dumb enough to keep umpteen Avenger titles during a "relaunch". So if it all goes the way I assume it will, he will just be on X-Force, Uncanny Avengers and potentially Captain America (which I would then start reading). I tried looking at multiple sources but after finding the same articles I gave up. Perhaps I should have dug deeper. Haha. Thanks for the share though man.

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Cafeterialoca

@drphilter: Keep in mind, Marvel's Editor in Chief said that he was reducing everything to "Avenger, X-Men and Spider-Man"

Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Iron_Lad

Can't wait for Hickman's Avengers.

bigaza2151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By bigaza2151

Damm im spending 20 to 30 dollars a week on the marvel universe and now they bridging off with a whole new line of books?! Theres been speculation that jean grey would return for years now but im not sold on the whole time travel concept.

The main complaint with marvel has always been that they have too many books out that all bridge off one another somehow and this intimidates new readers / scares them off

Im already heavily invested in x-men, uncanny x-men, wolverine and the x-men, new avengers etc so if sny of these books get cancelled coz of this im gonna be pissed

drphilter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#162  Edited By drphilter

@Cafeterialoca: What a waste. So presumably that means no more solo titles like Wolverine, Deadpool, Hulk? Fail. just not at all interested.

Sekele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#163  Edited By Sekele

Jerk-Ass mode:

How come that every good idea Marvel seems to have is taken from DC?

sincere mode:

Are they cancelling all of their other titles, and put a limit on the number of ongoing titles?

And what are the other new titles going to be?

I'm not currently interested in Avengers or the X-Men, but seeing Rocket Raccoon on the cover makes me interested!

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Cafeterialoca

@drphilter said:

@Cafeterialoca: What a waste. So presumably that means no more solo titles like Wolverine, Deadpool, Hulk? Fail. just not at all interested.

No, they still have titles. Wolverine and Deadpool are part of the X-Men and Hulk is part of the Avengers.

See? But it's why things like Thunderbolts are now called Dark Avengers.

rawr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#165  Edited By rawr

I'm with everyone angry after that Uncanny X-Men is being cancelled as a book name. DC wouldn't stop using Action Comics or Detective Comics. Sure BATMAN is the guy and that is why there is a Batman titled book as well, but you don't get rid of classic titles like that when the market is already losing readership and failing to capture new.

Also, K.G. has done a fantastic job writing that book and I was hoping to see it concurrent to whatever madness Bendis has planned. I worried when they renumbered Uncanny and kept Fantastic Four rolling into the 600s and didn't give Uncanny that kind of respect, but it isn't a Wolverine title so why would it need respect...

Whats next, we rebrand Journey into Mystery, Fantastic Four, and just let every classic Marvel fan know that their old Marvel doesn't exist anymore? While Marvel is out trying to capture new comic book fans its working quite effectively at irritating the old ones.

rawr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#166  Edited By rawr

@bigaza2151: If Jean Grey is back I just have one thing to say. A clip from an Uncanny X-Men issue I was rereading a few days ago by accident #284 from '92:

No Caption Provided
    BoyWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By BoyWander

@Werupenstein said:

I don't understand who Marvel or DC is expecting to come on board with these relaunches that wasn't already buying the books.

You can't get comics at all around here unless you go to a comicbook store and the only people going to comicbook stores are already buying the books.

If they want more readers, they have to get the books in reach of impulse buyers again; not resort to fanboy scams.

Untrue. I've always been a comic book fan, but never could get into the stories properly because they were always in the middle of something and I felt I was missing things when I tried to jump in. I'm sorry, but I was born only about two decades ago, and my first contact with comics was in the middle of Civil War, which confused me. DC's relaunch gave me a nice chance to hop in and be able to follow along perfectly, because there were no previous issues to deal with, and if there were they would be addressed later. A relaunch is exactly what some people need.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#168  Edited By SpidermanWins

Why is the R red? why is there a small, second E next to it? Is there something I'm missing here?

On another note. All the new costumes look like crap to me. I guess I'll just have to get used to it though.

Tyrannotaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#169  Edited By Tyrannotaur

I'm going to SDCC next week so I'll reserve my judgments until after that. I'm not entirely sold on the new Avengers stuff, but it does have me interested. I know for sure I'll be skipping Bendis' X-men book. I'm not interested in the concept (cheap way to get Jean back IMO) and I'm not a huge fan of Bendis in general. I am curious to see what they do with characters like Nova and Rocket Raccoon who have sorta been sitting in limbo for a while. I'm sure they put them in UMvC3 for some promotional reason right? Right?

jimmyjames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By jimmyjames

2011-2012 Year of the reboot. This is getting quite old now.

jimmyjames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By jimmyjames

Okay maybe I'm just dumb, but how exactly does time-travel work in a floating-timeline? How can you have 1960's teenage X-Men hang around 2012 X-Men when they are supposed to be the same people? Unless they change the timeline somehow, meaning it's a full-on reboot. Is it so hard to say it Marvel?

I_Am_Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By I_Am_Dark

That's an interesting new look for Scott...

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#173  Edited By daredevil21134

All i'm asking for is a Blade comic

Avatar image for spiderwoman4evercaptainamerica
    SpiderWoman4everCaptainAmerica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

So does that mean everyone's getting new costumes? :D

Narok24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Narok24

Wasn't the New 52 one giant repercussion from Flashpoint? Doesn't that make Marvel NOW! VERY SIMILAR to DC's stunt last year? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

ArchangelX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By ArchangelX

All-New X-Men is NOT replacing Uncanny X-Men.. Uncanny X-Men is still going on, it just has a "Final Issue" variant along with several other books having a variant but not getting cancelled. It says in the link previously posted, "Brian's 'All-New X-Men' replaces or succeeds 'Uncanny X-Men' in the same way that 'New Avengers' succeeded 'Avengers.'" As we know, New Avengers never "replaced" the Avengers title....

The are also cancelling New Mutants at #50 with no "final Issue" varaint... and no news of a relaunch. I for one amd glad about cancelling New Mutants & X-Men Legacy.. while they are good books, there are just too many x-books out there even now that Avenger titles such as Uncanny Avengers and New Avengers will be getting many more mutants on the team. they might as well call the team "Avenging X-Men"... since they are now 1 and the same team..

Avatar image for supersoldier1941
    SuperSoldier1941

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got amped after seeing Captain America's new uniform as well as Nick Fury's!!!! This is going to be awesome. Picking up Uncanny Avengers day one!!!! :D

I hope Steve Rogers starts carrying his pistol like he did when he was under Timely. :)

This year really has been getting better and better. One of the best years of my life.

COME ON OCTOBER!!!! :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.