Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Underrated Fighters in the Marvel Universe??

I know that characters like Cap, BP, Iron Fist, Daredevil & Gamora are considered to be some of the best fighters in the Marvel Universe, but which characters do you think are overlooked when it comes to their fighting skills?

And if there is already a thread for this, I apologize.

Punisher

@jnr6lil: I'd have to go with Hawkeye, his H2H skills are highly overlooked.

#4 god_spawn  Moderator

Punisher. Batroc. Red Skull. Gambit. Thing. She-Hulk. Emma Frost. Just a few off of the top of my head.

@jnr6lil: I'd have to go with Hawkeye, his H2H skills are highly overlooked.

Hand to hand is so last decade... Fingernails.... Now that's Hawkeye! Nyahahahaha!

No Caption Provided

Most of the X-Men who aren't Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, or Jean.

I don't think Nick Fury Sr. has ever lost a fight..... ever. o.o

Nick Fury (held his own with Cap multiple times)

Gambit

Hawkeye

Thing

Spider-Man (he's held his own with Shang Chi in martial arts)

Silver Samurai

Kingpin

Blade, even tho he's the forgotten Marvel great :(

hasn't Black Bolt never been defeated in hand to hand combat?

Taskmaster. The guy beat Black Widow and Headsman with his hands chained up, broke into SHIELD and got past all their security pretty easily, has stalemated Captain America twice and briefly went up against both Cap and Winter Soldier at the same. He's also shown he can defeat opponents who outclass him by a lot:

Taskmaster KOing Stature, Ant-man and Yellow Jacket
    Taskmaster KOing Stature, Ant-man and Yellow Jacket

@oldnightcrawler: I don't he's been defeated in strictly h2h. He's an underrated fighter.

Deadpool is really good

Rogue- single handed defeated the avengers.

Iron Fist

Taskmaster.

This.

While Taskmaster has had his moments to shine, too often he's been used as a punching bag to make someone else look cool.

#17 vance_astro  Moderator

1.Wolverine
    2.Sharon Carter
    3.She-Hulk
    4.Night Thrasher
    5.Vance Astro\Major Victory
    6.Silver Sable
    7.Misty Knight & Colleen Wing
    8.Kitty Pryde
    9.Moon Knight
    10.White Tiger

#18 vance_astro  Moderator

@darthphoenix said:

Rogue- single handed defeated the avengers.

I'm sure this is either PIS or there were variables. Ms.Marvel has beaten Rogue by herself and so has Moonstone.

@vance_astro: Yay someone mentioned Moon Knight! I was going to mention him if no one else had. Also that is an excellent list.

#20 vance_astro  Moderator

@vortex13 said:

Also that is an excellent list.

Thanks.

@strider92 said:

Taskmaster.

This.

While Taskmaster has had his moments to shine, too often he's been used as a punching bag to make someone else look cool.

This is kind of why I have Wolverine on my list because if he wasn't so popular he'd be just like Taskmaster. Marvel built him up to be this great combatant but he has some of those most pathetic low-end showings I've ever seen.

Taskmaster. The guy beat Black Widow and Headsman with his hands chained up, broke into SHIELD and got past all their security pretty easily, has stalemated Captain America twice and briefly went up against both Cap and Winter Soldier at the same. He's also shown he can defeat opponents who outclass him by a lot:

Although I agree with you on Taskmaster being alot better than people give him credit for. Defeating opponents that outclass him by alot isn't that impressive considering MOST human martial artists in the Marvel U can do that. What he did to Skrull-Pym,Ant-Man & Stature would be more impressive if they knew he was attacking them. What he did to Black Widow & Headsman is quite impressive though. Black Widow is a decent martial artist and I'm not sure about Headsman but he outclasses Taskmaster by quite a bit what he showed against Cap was also pretty good especially during Siege when he fought Cap and Bucky at the same time just based on his powers alot though, the only characters that should be comparable to him are Echo (who has his same powers) & Melee (who's powers are having knowledge and mastery of all known fighting styles).

@god_spawn:

What has Gambit accomplished hand-to-hand combat-wise?

#22 god_spawn  Moderator

@nick_hero22: Gambit isn't the best h2h fighter, he's kind of average actually. But with his savate combined with his skill with a staff and agility, he's stalemated Blade IIRC, and was able to contend with Daredevil.

Squirrel Girl

Warpath

No Caption Provided

Three words: I am Groot.

One person stands above all of these and that is Mr X he can beat anyone at hand to hand as he can predict their move just before they make it and he is master of every known martial art in the world he even beats taskmaster who is second as he can predict even his moves and counter them.

Champion

Wolverine. He's arguably the best hand to hand fighter in the Marvel U, but most people think he's just the healing factor and claws.

black panther.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.

Loading More Images