Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

umm so should I STOP reading current Marvel titles

Rebelpunk13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Rebelpunk13

So with the Marvel Universe ending should I just stop reading Marvel comics on my "pull list" if its just going to end and reset? What a shame. I grew up with comics especially Marvel and just got back into reading comics again about 3 yrs ago. Marvel titles I've been reading are Uncanny X-Men, Hulk, Punisher, and Magneto (great series btw). So whats the point if its all ending? I don't want to reread origins and new interpretations of characters I already know about. I was going to pick up Remender's New Uncanny Avengers because I enjoyed the first run, but whats the point?

I don't think Marvel needs a reboot. However I did start reading DC because of the New 52, no disrespect towards DC but their history was a mess before that imo.

Marvels problem is Events.. just stop doing an event every other month its ridiculous and watered down at this point. Just get back to good stories and an event maybe once or twice a year.

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If you enjoy them, no. Look at it as a definite ending to the titles/characters you like and a good ending point to stop Marvel. 3 years is a good run. If this fails they will go back with Secret War II or some junk...

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep reading them...

Like they say: You don't what you have until it's gone...

Avatar image for currentthor2015
    CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you still enjoy your series dont stop reading them, however I would say theres not much point getting into any other new series right now.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing is forgotten and everything then will still count in some way later. Wait and see how it all unfolds before forming a definitive opinion. You may be surprised

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_stegman  Moderator

Enjoying stories is much more important than worrying over continuity.

If you enjoy the stories, keep reading.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Continuity is always going to either go back to some past version to not matter. If you're enjoying the stories then continue reading them.

Masked_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be nice if a reboot meant no more events every year. Events are cool every 5 years or every decade but having everything revolve around events and teams is hurting individual characters.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

If you enjoy the books i don't understand why you would stop reading them. It's like me saying I shouldn't read only DC stories because I don't know if its canon in the New 52. Who cares; it's a legit and they are great stories so enjoy them. Besides, for all we know all these stories could still be canon.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Only if they pull off a New 52 and ruin a majority of their projects.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

None of those titles you mentioned have been cancelled, so keep reading them. Duh.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Moonlighterstone

If I was U, I will just continue reading what U'R reading now. Especially Magneto :) Worry about the rest later if U think U need to.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I may stop reading Marvel comics like I did with DC. I hate the direction in where Marvel is going. Leaving a very bad taste in my mouth.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No lie. I used to spend $200+ a month on Marvel. It went down progressively during the years. This week, I will most likely be closing my pull box at the LCS I have been going to since 1998. Two books is nothing for me to have a pull box. First time in over 20yrs I won't have a single X-men, Avengers, or any other title to pull.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By THORSON

Why stop? You might as well keep reading as you are living.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well since Marvel have cancelled Fantastic Four and messed up the Avengers, the only Marvel book currently on my pull list is RYV Amazing Spider-Man.

I'm seriously considering adding the following titles:

Squadron Supreme

Daredevil

Uncanny Inhumans

Scarlet Witch

Karnak

Dr Strange

Might look at Carnage & Spider-Man 2099, not because I enjoy the characters all that much, but because Gerry Conway & Peter David are at the helm.

The rest of the Spider & Avengers titles don't interest me one iota.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd stop and wait until they hit the discount bin. Nothing that is happening in them will matter after the reboot.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.