Top 5 Strongest Marvel Women

#1 Posted by Manchine (4324 posts) - - Show Bio

Who are the top 5 strongest (in terms of strength) marvel women?

#2 Posted by Manchine (4324 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm OK I guess I will start

1) She Hulk

2) Titania

3) Ms Marvel

4) Rogue

5) Valkyrie

#3 Posted by Squares (8661 posts) - - Show Bio

@manchine said:

Who are the top 5 strongest (in terms of strength) marvel women?

Do you mean physical strength, as in how much can they lift?

#4 Posted by wundagoreborn (397 posts) - - Show Bio

Sersi has to be in the discussion.

#5 Edited by gunmetalgrey (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of physical strength, Lyra, Xenith, Thor Girl, and Lionheart should be up there.

#6 Edited by Vance Astro (89569 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Xenith
2.Red She-Hulk
3.She-Hulk
4.Savage She-Hulk
5.Lionheart

#7 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3296 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Valkyrie
  2. Xenith
  3. She Hulk
  4. Red She Hulk
  5. Ms. Marvel

Valkyrie K.O'ed almost every marvel woman >_>

#8 Edited by Cezar_TheScribe (2774 posts) - - Show Bio

Thundra
Storm
She-Thing
Invisible Woman
Spider Woman

#9 Posted by Spideysense44 (3703 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm is nowhere close to being stronger than Shehulk

#10 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2774 posts) - - Show Bio

I just put some characters that are strong. Not the strongest. Many have already been posted.

Since Storm can fly and flash freeze, she could stop She-Hulk.

#11 Posted by Spideysense44 (3703 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by ZhuRong (6729 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms.Marvel is at 75 tons but she can grow stronger by energy so she is definitely a good choice

#13 Posted by Manchine (4324 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideysense44 said:

I just put some characters that are strong. Not the strongest. Many have already been posted.

Since Storm can fly and flash freeze, she could stop She-Hulk.

Those that can read vs those that can't. =)

#14 Posted by lightsout (1885 posts) - - Show Bio

@manchine: So like 10% of this website vs 90%? (Seems that way, at times. (Not directed at cezar btw, this thought just happened to agree with how I was feeling now)).

#15 Posted by PowerHerc (86130 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Dark Phoenix
  2. Xenith
  3. She-Hulk
  4. Red She-Hulk
  5. Titania
  6. Thundra
  7. Savage She-Hulk (Lyra)
  8. Hela
  9. Caiera
  10. She-Thing
  11. Lionheart
  12. Captain U.K.
  13. Namora (616)
  14. Snowbird
  15. Power Princess
  16. Thor Girl (Tarene)
  17. Meggan
  18. Ms. Marvel
  19. Valkyrie
  20. Kismet
  21. Namorita
  22. Magdalene
  23. Hildegarde
  24. Rogue
  25. Sabra
  26. Tana Nile
  27. Nova (Frankie Raye)
  28. Ganymede
  29. Wasp (giant-size)
  30. Ultra Girl
  31. Stature
  32. Sif
  33. Deathcry
  34. Andromeda (Atlantean)

#16 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7727 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Vance Astro (89569 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1 said:

@gunmetalgrey: @vance_astro: @powerherc: feats for Lionheart?

I don't have any feats I just know that she has Captain Britain's powers. He's class 90 so therefore she is as well.

1. Dark Phoenix
  2. Xenith
  3. She-Hulk
  4. Red She-Hulk
  5. Titania
  6. Thundra
  8. Hela
  9. Caiera
  10. She-Thing
  11. Lionheart
  12. Captain U.K.
  13. Namora (616)
  14. Snowbird
  15. Power Princess
  16. Thor Girl (Tarene)
  17. Meggan
  18. Ms. Marvel
  19. Valkyrie
  20. Kismet
  21. Namorita
  22. Magdalene
  23. Hildegarde
  24. Rogue
  25. Sabra
  26. Tana Nile
  27. Nova (Frankie Raye)
  28. Ganymede
  29. Wasp (giant-size)
  30. Ultra Girl
  31. Stature
  32. Sif
  33. Deathcry

Is your "strongest" list based on "POWER" or "PHYSICAL STRENGTH"? Also why would Namora be above Ms.Marvel? Ms.Marvel is class 75, Namora is class 50. Same would go for She-Thing, she's in the same class as Ms.Marvel I believe but Lionheart is stronger than both of them and Thundra is above Lyra although Lyra is class 100 and Thundra is class 60.

#18 Posted by PowerHerc (86130 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1 said:

@gunmetalgrey: @vance_astro: @powerherc: feats for Lionheart?

I don't have any feats I just know that she has Captain Britain's powers. He's class 90 so therefore she is as well.

@powerherc said:
  1. Dark Phoenix
  2. Xenith
  3. She-Hulk
  4. Red She-Hulk
  5. Titania
  6. Thundra
  8. Hela
  9. Caiera
  10. She-Thing
  11. Lionheart
  12. Captain U.K.
  13. Namora (616)
  14. Snowbird
  15. Power Princess
  16. Thor Girl (Tarene)
  17. Meggan
  18. Ms. Marvel
  19. Valkyrie
  20. Kismet
  21. Namorita
  22. Magdalene
  23. Hildegarde
  24. Rogue
  25. Sabra
  26. Tana Nile
  27. Nova (Frankie Raye)
  28. Ganymede
  29. Wasp (giant-size)
  30. Ultra Girl
  31. Stature
  32. Sif
  33. Deathcry

Is your "strongest" list based on "POWER" or "PHYSICAL STRENGTH"? Also why would Namora be above Ms.Marvel? Ms.Marvel is class 75, Namora is class 50. Same would go for She-Thing, she's in the same class as Ms.Marvel I believe but Lionheart is stronger than both of them and Thundra is above Lyra although Lyra is class 100 and Thundra is class 60.

It's a list of Physically strong females, though some are also quite powerful overall.

In The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z (published in 2009) Namora is stated to be able to lift at least 75 tons while Ms. Marvel is stated to be able to lift 70 tons, so though both are "Class 75", Namora is stronger than Ms Marvel. Lionheart is stated to be able to lift 90 tons and is stronger than both of them and She-Thing's (Sharon Ventura) strength is described as being equal to the Thing's before he became "Spikey" which means she can lift 85 tons. You're correct about Lyra and Thundra.

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (89569 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc said:

It's a list of Physically strong females, though some are also quite powerful overall.

In The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z (published in 2009) Namora is stated to be able to lift at least 75 tons while Ms. Marvel is stated to be able to lift 70 tons, so though both are "Class 75", Namora is stronger than Ms Marvel. Lionheart is stated to be able to lift 90 tons and is stronger than both of them and She-Thing's (Sharon Ventura) strength is described as being equal to the Thing's before he became "Spikey" which means she can lift 85 tons. You're correct about Lyra and Thundra.

Tony's Civil War notes, states that Ms.Marvel is class 75 this is from '06. How they knock off 5 tons in 3 years without any stated downgrade is beyond me. It was always my understanding that classic Ms.Marvel was class 25. Warbird\Ms.Marvel was class 50 and after "Cru" had been completely purged from her body her strength still had grown in that time making her class 75. If anything I would think Carol would be stronger now..not weaker. I don't know if Namora actually has any feats to suggest that she's stronger than Ms.Marvel either. They fought in AOA vs. Avengers. It appeared pretty equal. Problem is neither actually have many feats of strength. Both mostly fight characters that are well under their strength level.

#20 Posted by Manchine (4324 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Dark Phoenix
  2. Xenith
  3. She-Hulk
  4. Red She-Hulk
  5. Titania
  6. Thundra
  8. Hela
  9. Caiera
  10. She-Thing
  11. Lionheart
  12. Captain U.K.
  13. Namora (616)
  14. Snowbird
  15. Power Princess
  16. Thor Girl (Tarene)
  17. Meggan
  18. Ms. Marvel
  19. Valkyrie
  20. Kismet
  21. Namorita
  22. Magdalene
  23. Hildegarde
  24. Rogue
  25. Sabra
  26. Tana Nile
  27. Nova (Frankie Raye)
  28. Ganymede
  29. Wasp (giant-size)
  30. Ultra Girl
  31. Stature
  32. Sif
  33. Deathcry

I have never seen Dark Phoenix Pick up anything except with her TK.

#21 Posted by PowerHerc (86130 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro:

I don't know why Marvel is so inconsistent with their strength ratings. In 2004 they had Carol, then called Warbird, in the 25 to 50 tons range then they jumped her up to Class 75 in Civil War Files.

"Class 75" strength means a character in that category can lift somewhere over 50 tons but not more than 75 tons. Carol being able to lift 70 tons still means she has Class 75 strength.

#22 Posted by Vance Astro (89569 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc said:

@vance_astro:

I don't know why Marvel is so inconsistent with their strength ratings. In 2004 they had Carol, then called Warbird, in the 25 to 50 tons range then they jumped her up to Class 75 in Civil War Files.

I don't know why their ratings in general are so inconsistent. They'll say that the qualifications for being a level 6 in fighting is being a master of several styles but then give someone like Nick Fury a 6 who is a master of nothing and they state in his bio that he's skilled in certain forms but not a master.

"Class 75" strength means a character in that category can lift somewhere over 50 tons but not more than 75 tons. Carol being able to lift 70 tons still means she has Class 75 strength.

I'm not sure that's how it works. I thought "class 75" means she lifts AT LEAST 75 tons. Because I can lift over 50 tons and be class 60.

#23 Posted by PowerHerc (86130 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has many strength classes but "Class 60" isn't one of them.

A character who can lift over 50 tons has Class 75 strength but the most a Class 75 character can lift is 75 tons. Here's how Marvel defined their categories when they still used their "Class" system:

Heres' how they do it now:

#24 Posted by HillbillyMorangie (987 posts) - - Show Bio

Squirrel girl has the highest stats for a female charecter on the marvel website... Just saying ;), but seriously what about the mysterious embodiments of love and hate... I assume they are women lol, there must be other female charecters with god like powers in marvel, they can't all be 'male' surely?

#25 Edited by Ciriaco (18 posts) - - Show Bio

@HillbillyMorangie

Well, there's always Death. And Infinity of course. They at least appear as women even if the concept of gender doesn't really apply well to abstracts. :)

#26 Posted by HillbillyMorangie (987 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah forgot death was a woman in marvel universe... I always think of infinity as half a bloke, I forget he is also half a woman... Or is the female half infinity and the male half eternity? I think I've been assuming eternity is infinity for ages... I find the god like charecters in Marvel harder to understand then actual relativity ;), at least they are more believable then superman having god like entity powers lol

#27 Posted by doctor_bong_crosby (124 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro:

... because (sadly) there isn´t anybody left who actually CARES about these things...? It´s back to the pre-Shooter days when pretty much every writer had free reign to do as he well damned pleased. There isn´t a Mark Gruenwald (or a suitable replacement) around to care about these things anymore.

#28 Posted by Vance Astro (89569 posts) - - Show Bio

@hillbillymorangie said:

Squirrel girl has the highest stats for a female charecter on the marvel website... Just saying ;), but seriously what about the mysterious embodiments of love and hate... I assume they are women lol, there must be other female charecters with god like powers in marvel, they can't all be 'male' surely?

The Marvel Website has probably the least accurate stats for their characters.

#29 Posted by HillbillyMorangie (987 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno I've never seen squirrel girl loose in a fist fight, she's only lost to a baby and that's only because of rule of funny

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.