Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Thoughts on Guardians Of The Galaxy?

fisheypixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm still new to GOTG. I saw there was a crossover between All New X-Men and GOTG by Bendis. I had also just heard a rumor about them making a GOTG movie. So I decided to check them out. I got issues .1, 1, 2, and 3. I've been unable to get issue 4. However, in those four issues, they have grown into my favorite super hero team, and Rocket has become tied for the place of my favorite fictional character ever. After watching the trailer, I was so excited for this! Great cast, Great effects, Rocket looks awesome, funny, everything I love in a movie.

Now I'm sure some of you know more than I do about the Guardians, so what do you think? Does the movie look to do good to the characters and everything you like about them? (also, what/when/who wrote the previous series of GOTG?)

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, so far they got the characterization down, in what they show in the preview. I'm excited about that.
    Yup Rocket looks boss.. lets just see how the story develops.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By devilsgrin81

trailer looks great. I'm more excited about this movie than any other Marvel movie this year (though DoFP's trailer looked much better than the teaser...).

Frankly i'm going to see guardians no matter how awful... Chris Pratt has become seriously hot with his Star Lord body... Worth price of admission alone. Lol. Gamora in action will also be awesome to finally see.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

trailer looks great. I'm more excited about this movie than any other Marvel movie this year (though DoFP's trailer looked much better than the teaser...).

Frankly i'm going to see guardians no matter how awful... Chris Pratt has become seriously hot with his Star Lord body... Worth price of admission alone. Lol. Gamora in action will also be awesome to finally see.

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks pretty good, honestly the only marvel movie I'm not really pumped for at all this year is spiderman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm super hyped for it - even more than for Winter Soldier - but I'm also worried that it could fail miserably. And while I am all too willing to accept a talking, machine gun-wielding space raccoon, I'm not sure how much of the general public is.

Hitmanspike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goobot said:

Looks pretty good, honestly the only marvel movie I'm not really pumped for at all this year is spiderman.

Second that, I'm gonna see it anyway (What are they gonna do without my 15 bucks...) but Guardians and DoFP are hyping me in a bigger way :O

Krypton-115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Krypton-115

The GOTG movie looks insane, it has humor, action and a great cast of actors. I'm more hyped for it than Captain America The Winter Soldier.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Cap10nate

I think the trailer looked great for the movie.

I'm not a fan of the current version of the book by Bendis and decided to drop the title after last issue.

I really enjoyed the previous run by Abnett and Lanning.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By devilsgrin81

@goobot said:

really? i thought the trailer for spidey looked awful. I mean i'll still watch it... but of the comic movies this years... its about last... hmmm maybe more than Winter Soldier.

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By goobot

@devilsgrin81 said:

@goobot said:

really? i thought the trailer for spidey looked awful. I mean i'll still watch it... but of the comic movies this years... its about last... hmmm maybe more than Winter Soldier.

You missed my not.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By devilsgrin81

@goobot: lol oops so i did... reading whilst only skimming = bad idea... lol

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have never been more excited for a movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.