Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Thoughts on Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe so far

photowill404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By photowill404

*****DONT READ IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY READ ISSUES 1 AND 2*****

When I first read that this title was coming out I was a excited to see just how they would pull it off. I couldn't wait to see how Deadpool was going to pull it off and more importantly WHY he was doing it. Now after reading the first two issues I am a little disappointed at how the series is turning out. He starts by killing the Fantastic Four which is mostly done of panel, which is fine but then he gets his head blown up, i mean it completely explodes now i am not an expert on what a healing fact can or can not heal however i doubt a healing factor should be able to make him grow a new head with a fully functioning brain in the short amount of time that it takes him to do so. Also some of the killings that are happening are happening in ways they i think would not exactly work normally. I mean lets be serious Deadpool killed a watcher in the first issue like it was nothing. In the next issue we see Dr. Doom hanging in some wires, Ghost Rider beheaded, Howard the Duck roasted (I found that to be so funny), and then he proceeds to kill Spider-Man by shooting him in the head. I'm guessing that Spider-Man's spider senses were not working because I'm quite sure that he would have sensed the danger of the gun let alone feel it on his face. He blows up the Avengers killing Iron Man, Wolverine (although I doubt he is dead), Captain America and a few others. Afterwards kills Thor by enlarging Thor's hammer as it hits him in the face. Correct me if I'm wrong but can't Thor control his hammer and where it goes once he throws it. The Hulk rips him apart just to be killed a few panels later because he fell asleep. Terrible. The only saving grace for this mini-series is the angle of Deadpool thinking that he has figured out that he is being controlled by writers giving the fans what they want. I like Deadpool as a character however this does feel like the Deadpool that I know and love. Why all this sober seriousness? Where are the wisecracks and the witty banter? Anyway enough of my rant let me know what you guys think.

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Enosisik

The only mass death story I've ever really really loved was X-men the end. The rest has always been full of pis and made no sense at all.

hypCOMICAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By hypCOMICAL

deadpool's banter(of which is usually isn't "witty" as much as it is juvenile) is present, its just not funny,and the artwork is too simplistic to be as gory as it lets on.

that whole stamp joke as hilarious though

Swagger462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Swagger462

I just read issue three today. I feel the biggest let down so far has been issue two. This whole series has kinda felt like it was written by taking every fan boy from the entire battle forum, sticking them together and unleashing them on the side of Deadpool.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By fodigg

The whole series has been self-indulgant PIS, which I expected, but worse it has failed to be entertaining. It's been strangely serious when it should've been slapstick off the wall fun. Big sad.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

The only thing that really pissed me off is how spider-man died and the fact that hey did not show the battle between him Doom and Ghost Rider.

photowill404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By photowill404

totally agree with you. the funniest part of the whole series was the Psycho Man being used as a stamp

@fodigg said:

The whole series has been self-indulgant PIS, which I expected, but worse it has failed to be entertaining. It's been strangely serious when it should've been slapstick off the wall fun. Big sad.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Imagine_Man15

I'm personally loving it. Its not often we get to see Deadpool's deadlier, more ruthless side. Sure its loaded with PIS, but what did you expect? I'm really liking the series.

photowill404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By photowill404

@Imagine_Man15: i guess i was just expecting it to be the deadpool that we all know and love not this brooding and serious "oh im just doing what THEY want to see me do guy" and the art just kills it for me. its like it was rushed into publication.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#10  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Read Issue ONE and dropped it. It sucks

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Blood1991

I don't plan on reading this, but has he killed Hawkeye or any X-Men yet? I read Cap and some Avengers, but Clint wasn't mentioned.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By danhimself

@Blood1991 said:

I don't plan on reading this, but has he killed Hawkeye or any X-Men yet? I read Cap and some Avengers, but Clint wasn't mentioned.

he's killed Cyclops, Emma, Colossus, Pixie, Wolverine, Gambit, Rogue, Beast, and Cannonball....he may have killed X-23 and Daken off panel since he was keeping them alive to lure in Wolverine

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Blood1991

@danhimself: Was Storm and Psylocke not there?

Oh and thanks for the info.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By danhimself

@Blood1991: didn't show them

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.