Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

There were rumors that FF Reboot was being scrapped?

mpto216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Fox Denies "Fantastic Four" Rumors

I'm calling BS on Bleeding Cool, I don't care how confident they are in their sources. At this late stage in the game, there's no way that Fox would scrap everything and start over again. Plus it makes it look like they are giving into the fans. Anyways, I'm putting this here to see how people react to this. There's a link to Bleeding Cool's original post and update as well on the CBR article.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

I can't see Fox cancelling Fantastic Four so soon, especially now that they already announced the cast for the movie and have plans to cross the X-Men with their universe.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mpto216: Well they are majorly behind schedule. They should've started weeks ago. Also the amount of backlash it's gotten from casting news and dramatic changes to the story. I'd love if Marvel got the rights back. Hulk fighting Thing on the big screen would be amazing!

mpto216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After doing some googling, it's becoming clearer and clearer that things seem to be a cluster**** behind the scenes. Granted it's all based on rumors and speculation, but it seems to work against the rumor that FF is being scrapped.

1. Josh Trank was announced as director in 2012 and Fox appeared to have originally wanted to start shooting in late 2013 for a Mar. 2015 release. They have yet to start shooting, but the apparent start date is next month and they had to push the release date a few months to June 2015.

2. Apparently none of the cast have officially signed on the dotted line for their contracts, and are actually all in final negotiations. Michael B. Jordan and Jamie Bell seem to be locks, but scheduling conflicts are interfering with Miles Teller and Kate Mara. Also no Dr. Doom yet.

3. Active filming must start by early Fall 2014 to ensure it doesn't revert back to Marvel and apparently they must meet several other deadlines along the way to prevent it from reverting. They are really pushing it with their current production dates. Any screw up along the way puts them in danger of reverting.

Something is definitely going on, and it may be some conflict between Josh Trank and Fox executives since Fox is on a very specific time table. However, if that Fall 2014 time frame is correct and they want to keep the FF license, they're going to have to barrel ahead no matter what issues they have. Scrapping production and starting over with just a few months on the clock would be insane. Take everything with a grain of salt though since it's all based on rumors and speculation that Fox or Trank have never confirmed, and probably never will. We will have a clearer picture in a month when we either see FF in pre-production, or we don't.

Opunaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope it reverts back to Marvel at this point, cuz Fox seems like they have no clue what they're doing anymore.

Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
    HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the real issue is if Disney play nice, or if they hit Fox with every lawyer they have as soon as a date if reached, like Bethesda hit Interplay when they failed to need deadlines producing a Fallout MMO... I don't think Fox will cancel they have a lot to loose, but deadlines are deadlines so this story could get a lot more interesting before the film is made.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

If so then Marvel is also getting the SKRULLS and SILVER FREAKIN SURFER

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would really hope that Disney would leverage this to smooth things between themselves and Fox, to get things like Mutants into Avengers-verse and non-mutants into X-Verse. Would love to see the Ms Marvel/ Rogue story go into film.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Fallschirmjager

anyone who thinks they would cancel the project after just announcing the cast needs to chill out

do yourself a favor:

internet rumors about CBM are out of control, unless the studio says something, ignore it.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@hillbillymorangie: Then, Bethesda took the Fallouts off GOG, they can be douchey sometimes. Interplay had the last laugh when they gave out the Fallouts for free before the contract expired, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.