Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

The reason why I don't read marvel

• 51 results
    Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Was going to start reading it, but then BAM!!! Marvel Now v2.0 is going to happen, another reboot. Goodbye Marvel. Reboot after reboot after reboot and stupid "what if" series are retarded and a waste of money.

Thanks.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By tomlikesfries
    No Caption Provided

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Marvel NOW was never a reboot, and I've been a little bit out of the loop so I don't know a ton about "Marvel NOW v2.0" but I'm thinking it's probably not a reboot either.

There's a difference between a reboot and a relaunch.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By MakkyD

You know DC is actually the only one of the two to ever reboot, right? Twice actually.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so many crossovers and what if stories that it just pushes me away. Right when I was getting in SSM!

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

What are you actually talking about? Jesus Christ

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By cameron83

@maccyd said:

You know DC is actually the only one of the two to ever reboot, right? Twice actually.

This. Marvel never rebooted and Marvel Now and All-New Marvel NOW are not reboots......

so many crossovers and what if stories that it just pushes me away. Right when I was getting in SSM!

Infinity was actually the last crossover that we'll see in a while.

And if you don't like What If stories,then don't read them. They aren't canon,and some people actually like them....

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

when was the last What if? story even done?

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: I think it's hilarious that he claims marvel does too many crossovers, when DC has had like 5 this year.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

The newest batch of Marvel Now books look even better than the last. You're going to miss out on everything cool with that kind of attitude.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

What's Marvel NOW 2.0?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's Marvel NOW 2.0?

Marvel is launching a bunch of series and relaunching a few as new number 1's

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: Oh! I was just bashing Fantastic Four for restarting at #1 on another thread a few minutes ago! Pretty awesome coincidence!

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: I think it's hilarious that he claims marvel does too many crossovers, when DC has had like 5 this year.

lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was one for AVX a couple months back.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

@danhimself said:

There was one for AVX a couple months back.

forgot about that...either way this guy's complaints are dumb

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not complaining, just stating the reason why I haven't gotten into the marvel now stuff, i was going to hit up some x men but seems like theres 5 diff series, also how many spiders? scarlet, superior, team up, superior foes, scarlett witch, etc etc

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not complaining, just stating the reason why I haven't gotten into the marvel now stuff, i was going to hit up some x men but seems like theres 5 diff series, also how many spiders? scarlet, superior, team up, superior foes, scarlett witch, etc etc

so you read DC then or just independents?

DC has how many Batman books and how many Superman books and how many Justice League books and have actually rebooted several times

the reason why people are making fun of your complaints is because they're unfounded...Marvel has never rebooted...not once...Marvel Now was a relaunching of books back to fresh number ones where it was easier for new readers to jump on but no continuity was changed....What if books only happen once every 5 or so years...so see when you start saying that the reason why you don't read Marvel is because they rebooted to many times and have to many What if books it really does seem like you're just making up unfounded excuses

I'll also throw this in there....Spider-man has 2 books...Superior and Team-up....Foes has nothing to do with Spider-man other than featuring some of his villains and Scarlet Witch has nothing to do with Spider-man and has no ongoing book so I don't even know where that's coming from...also Kaine's book was cancelled and so was Venom...as for X books...there are only two that are related and that's Uncanny and All-New X-men...the rest can be read on their own with no crossovers...except that the two X-Force books are crossing over soon and then ending....so that leaves..All-New X-men, Uncanny X-men, X-men, X-Force, Uncanny X-Force, and Wolverine and the X-men....both of the X-Force books are ending soon and a new X-Force book will launch with 2.0...Wolverine and the X-men is relaunching with a new writer and new number one

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was under the impression that marvel now was like a reboot/relaunch type of thing. It just made it confusing and didn't know where to start.

Im not saying marvel sucks or anything, i love marvel characters, just not reading any current stuff, I just read old issues from the 70s-90s.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Jesus you guys are brutal. I think the OP came across as a little...brass, but obviously he or she used the wrong term, but no need to get so damn judgemental. the OP obviously meant "relaunch" as that's what Marvel is doing to a lot of their titles, and I do think it's kind of ridiculous ending a title after 15 issues just to bring it back as an "All new" number 1. It's treating comic book fans like idiots who don't know how to pick out comics unless they have a #1 on them.

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exactly why I'm afraid of jumping into a few series, I don't want to jump in on hulk and buy all the issues 1-current, only to have it get realunched 3 months from now. I was going to start reading superior spider man and other series but then I hear that theres a new relaunch around the corner, so now I don't know which titles will be affected as in relaunched, or cancelled.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Jesus you guys are brutal. I think the OP came across as a little...brass, but obviously he or she used the wrong term, but no need to get so damn judgemental. the OP obviously meant "relaunch" as that's what Marvel is doing to a lot of their titles, and I do think it's kind of ridiculous ending a title after 15 issues just to bring it back as an "All new" number 1. It's treating comic book fans like idiots who don't know how to pick out comics unless they have a #1 on them.

this

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who cares what number is on the cover? I've been reading Superior Spider-man since issue 1 and if they decide to relaunch it to make it easier for new readers and all the stuff from before still happened then what do I care? it's just a number on the cover...it's the story on the inside of the book that matters

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: I always say that, but people seem to be obsessed with small numbers on the cover on your comic. I don't get it

Morrigan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But.....relaunching series just makes it easier to jump in? I'm confused as to how that's a deterrent for you.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who cares what number is on the cover? I've been reading Superior Spider-man since issue 1 and if they decide to relaunch it to make it easier for new readers and all the stuff from before still happened then what do I care? it's just a number on the cover...it's the story on the inside of the book that matters

I agree,but hey,to each his own.

People may have their reasons...

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Transformers1024

@peppeyhare: I'm pretty sure Marvel does more events. But DC defiantly has their fair share of unnecessary events as well.

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morrigan_: Because I'm OCD and it bugs me to no end when I organize my books.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morrigan_: Because I'm OCD and it bugs me to no end when I organize my books.

why? just put volume 2 after volume 1 and so on....I don't see the problem0

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformers1024: Yep. I think the majority of events from both companies were pretty good this year though

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
    deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Can people just enjoy both? Seriously, is that much to ask?

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gor724: I enjoy Marvel and DC the exact same. So I do recognize both their pros and cons frequently. But lately I havnt been to fond of their books, so I pretty much just read Image and Valiant now. Which I'm enjoying way more than the big 2.

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Transformers1024

@danhimself: That's what I do. But it's annoying when the cancelled the main Fantastic Four title several times just to do a re numbering. Like when they cancelled vol, 1 at 416 then they had 3-4 other volumes then did a re numbering and started again at 500 to continue the series only to be cancelled again at 588. Then another volume. Then re number it back to 600. Then cancel it again at 611 for Marvel Now to stare back at issue one, only for that to be cancelled again 17 issues later so they can start back at issue one. Then when they reach their "700th" issue I'll bet my pants that their going to re number it for that "anniversary issue" crap. Blehh I hate it!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: That's what I do. But it's annoying when the cancelled the main Fantastic Four title several times just to do a re numbering. Like when they cancelled vol, 1 at 416 then they had 3-4 other volumes then did a re numbering and started again at 500 to continue the series only to be cancelled again at 588. Then another volume. Then re number it back to 600. Then cancel it again at 611 for Marvel Now to stare back at issue one, only for that to be cancelled again 17 issues later so they can start back at issue one. Then when they reach their "700th" issue I'll bet my pants that their going to re number it for that "anniversary issue" crap. Blehh I hate it!

I'm assuming that you bag and board your books...so what you could do is get some little stickers and label each book so that issue 1 of volume 2 would have a little sticker on the front where you wrote 417...then continue from there

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Transformers1024

@danhimself: That is a really good idea! Thanks! I don't actually have all of those issues, I just have a few of them and a lot of the recent stuff. But I think I'm still going to do it!

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@al_capown: Superior isn't going to be affected by All-New Marvel Now/2.0. The only current Marvel-Now 1.0 series that is being relaunched is Fantastic Four. At most, Superior might get a .1, which just shows it's a good jumping-on point or the start of a new arc.

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This turned out far more tamer then I thought it would be which is disappointing I was hoping for a large fight to happen.

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ownagepants: Wow I just noticed that too...everyone is being respectful of others opinions and just stating the facts...weird.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

LOL noob.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@al_capown: yeah, your right. Dont read marvel. The idea of mutants is stupid. That is the most lazyiest way of creating a superpower. "Uh, they have superpowers because they were just born that way."

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By tupiaz

But.....relaunching series just makes it easier to jump in? I'm confused as to how that's a deterrent for you.

The problem is that the whole renumbering and relaunching isn't helpful when you are in an active run. Yes it is fine to start with a number 1 vol. 2 if the series has been cancelled for X amount of years (years it has to be years since then there is no planning about a quick relaunch/renumbering) and is getting another change. Like all the Punisher volumes most of them makes sense since they have been cancelled due to poor sales. However Marvel Now and All Marvel Now is just a gimmick with no real value.

DrDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DrDust

I don't post really at all here but wow....really ?

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ownagepants: Sweet! We both made it in before the fanboy hate! --*INTERNET HIGHFIVE!*--

Morrigan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Morrigan_

@tupiaz said:

@morrigan_ said:

The problem is that the whole renumbering and relaunching isn't helpful when you are in an active run. Yes it is fine to start with a number 1 vol. 2 if the series has been cancelled for X amount of years (years it has to be years since then there is no planning about a quick relaunch/renumbering) and is getting another change. Like all the Punisher volumes most of them makes sense since they have been cancelled due to poor sales. However Marvel Now and All Marvel Now is just a gimmick with no real value.

I understand where you're coming from and I used to feel the same way, but I kind of disagree. I've been reading for the last three or so years and it's hard to get into books. Before DC's reboot when Batman and Superman were up in the 700's, when the X-Men stuff got up in the high hundreds, that's daunting. Comics need to be bringing in consistent readers, and it's daunting for somebody to walk into a comic shop and see that a book is already seven hundred issues in, you know?

I'm all for anything that makes comics more inclusive and accessible and I think that renumbering absolutely does that.

Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
    HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@al_capown: umm it's not a reboot, they are releasing in Waves (or someti refered to as phases) not unlike the MCU films are in phases...

I hate Wikipedia normally, but their page is the neatest

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_NOW!

Don't let it put you off, just pick something new and see if you like that lol, it's like a friend I took to see iron man 3 and they said they hadn't seen the first two but they liked the avengers...

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tupiaz said:

@morrigan_ said:

I understand where you're coming from and I used to feel the same way, but I kind of disagree. I've been reading for the last three or so years and it's hard to get into books. Before DC's reboot when Batman and Superman were up in the 700's, when the X-Men stuff got up in the high hundreds, that's daunting. Comics need to be bringing in consistent readers, and it's daunting for somebody to walk into a comic shop and see that a book is already seven hundred issues in, you know?

I'm all for anything that makes comics more inclusive and accessible and I think that renumbering absolutely does that.

I'm not saying they should have kept a ongoing number more like a year based one. (e.g. number 1 2014). However the never ending relaunching is more confusing than a book that has XXX numbers of history. Which this topic proves.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.