Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

The Marvel Movie Character Rights (and where they are)

• 110 results
    flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@tyger: Alot of people say otherwise.

but no-one has a article or source to back this up

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Tyger

On which, Deadpool? Why do you think they are in no hurry to make one?

No Caption Provided

For the Silver Surfer part, Google is your friend.

there are a ton.

Superman1792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel Studios reacquired the rights to The Punisher, Blade, and Ghost Rider in April 2013. Kevin Feige has said that Marvel does own the movie rights to Namor the Sub Mariner but it is complicated he said this in July of this year. Inhumans film is owned by Marvel studios and a script is already completed. The Kree, Skrull, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch are co-owned by Marvel Studios and FOX (it would be so much more awesome if all characters were co-owned so none of this would even be an issue). FOX still has film rights to Doctor Doom, Galactus, X-force, Deadpool, Cable, Omega Red and Silver Surfer. X-force film script is complete Cable and Deadpool are included. Oscorp Tower was going to appear in The Avengers but timing was an issue. If Marvel Studios and Sony can work together and get Spider-man in a future Marvel Studios film it will be profitable for everybody and both sides win. Sony also owns rights to Venom and Black Cat so Sony doesn't have a great deal to work with. They also own the rights to Carnage. I am trying to find a list of "smaller" characters to see who owns all of the rights to them. That would be awesome if i can find that list and i will post this list on here.

Doxter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read somewhere on facebook that Spider man's going to feature in the next Avengers film, not only that but also in the first amazing Spider man film they were going digitally impose Stark Tower in the background at the end of the film but they didn't have time. Is this true?

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think every marvel knight hero belongs to Sony or fox. Including Moon knight, punisher.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just feel Marvel is never getting the X-men back ;(

TheGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just feel Marvel is never getting the X-men back ;(

Fine by me.

cennobite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The result of this travesty is that our favourite characters are just getting ruined, changing any aspect of the characters that the companies like such as race or things such as whether Scarlet Witch is a mutant or not.

Avatar image for whatabouteternity
    Whatabouteternity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambit1024: Thanks for all the info. In light of the upcoming Infinity War movies, what is the status on the secondary cosmic entities, like Infinity, Eternity, Lord Chaos, Master Order, etc.? Along with Adam Warlock, they play pretty crucial roles in the Infinity Gauntlet storyline in the comics. Would Marvel Studios just take the story in a different direction for the movie's sake in order to avoid dealing with potential legal entanglements from their use?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.