Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

The Future of Marvel Takes Shape in ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT MARVEL PREVIEWS

• 63 results
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided

Where Secret Wars ends, an all-new Marvel Universe begins! And the House of Ideas is kicking off this bold new publishing initiative and the exciting next phase of the Marvel Universe with an unprecedented bang! Today, we’re proud to announce ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT MARVEL PREVIEWS, a FREE 64-page full color magazine, coming to comic shops on July 1st!

This epic magazines features your first real look into ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT MARVEL! No daily teasers, no scouring the Internet for multiple announcements – just explosively striking images of Marvel’s new lineup coming in the latter half of 2015 from the industry’s top creators! Exciting teams, dynamic characters, deadly villains, dazzling creators and more will be revealed!

“This is a great way to reward fans who visit their local comic shops,” says Marvel SVP Sales & Marketing, David Gabriel. “The comic industry has undergone a renaissance this past year, starting with the launch of the new Thor #1 last fall. Comic shops have reported increased traffic, new customers, and higher sales. Free Comic Book Day 2015 was the biggest and best it’s ever been! We’re thrilled to say thank you by officially revealing the All New, All Different Marvel directly to those customers found in comic shops.”

This unique strategy ensures that the largest number of active comic shop customers are reached FIRST, driving those fans into comic shops to get their hands on this exciting FREE print magazine. Massive coverage will be paid to these exciting launches across all forms of media, but as a thank you to our loyal comic shop customers, the first look is available exclusively to you! The ALL-NEW ALL-DIFFERENT MARVEL PREVIEWS will also be released digitally shortly after its print debut, followed by an extensive press and marketing rollout extending throughout the rest of the year.

The future is here and it’s all-new and all-different. Run (carefully), don’t walk to your comic shop this July for the ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT MARVEL PREVIEWS and see for yourself!

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Way more excited by these than the ones DC just put out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The comic industry has undergone a renaissance this past year, starting with the launch of the new Thor #1 last fall.

I think you're giving yourselves a little too much credit.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 the_stegman  Moderator

@xwraith said:

The comic industry has undergone a renaissance this past year, starting with the launch of the new Thor #1 last fall.

Word.

But, I have to admit, this is a good idea, and a good way to get LCS in the spotlight.

Essenemg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

“This is a great way to reward fans who visit their local comic shops”

Except for those who don't live in US >.>

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By ShadowSwordmaster

Hope this works out for them.

JTMac005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been strictly DC for my whole life. Maybe this free mag will persuade me to try some marvel titles out for once

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Marvel is gonna dominate the Market MORE with these relaunches. Marvel knows how to market and put out constant #1 issues and changes.

Cmon DC!!!

Anyway, I'm excited to see what new stuff gets revealed

~MiB

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In two years it's going to be all new ALL NEW Marvel. Remember Marvel Now? It s going become Marvel Right Now. Or Marvel at this moment.

Kerrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@xwraith said:

Yeah, it's a stretch. "We've been trying a lot of new things since Thor #1 and we're excited about them" I'd buy (and I do like the general direction Marvel is going). But instigating a renaissance? Slow yourself, Marvel.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm a long-time Marvel fan and I'm actually moving AWAY from Marvel...

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By safefruitcake

I hope you can get this on Comixology eventually.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All-new, All-different

Really Marvel... How about coming up with something less tripe as marketing slogan?

That tittle feels like it's recycled from the previous decade and I'm sure that's not the intended message behind the title.

Other than that, I'm happy that Marvel isn't going to keep their readers guessing until fall.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel is really tooting there own horn about the traffic flow in comic shops. You know what causes foot traffic in comic shops? Different tones in books because there is something for everyone, I truly feel more people are coming to read comics because they have learned the sandbox is huge and there is something for everyone.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@xwraith said:

Word.

But, I have to admit, this is a good idea, and a good way to get LCS in the spotlight.

I hate LCS

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc: Marvel is really tooting their own horn about the traffic flow in comic shops.

Sure they are, but who would keep the cat's tail up if not the cat himself?

Jbreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: They are giving themselves way too much credit to be honest.

They mention this is a free magazine, however I would like to know if they make the Retailers pay for it. I think it is very underhand to try and make yourselves look good by saying the book is free when in actuality they make the retailers pay for it.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All new, all different usually means less quality and higher prices. All they are going to do is merge the ultimate and regular universes after slaughtering off the others.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@essenemg: I live in Portugal and my comicbook shop gives me free preview stuff when i buy something there. Last month i got two free Secret Wars previews and i only brought DC tittles.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mutant God

Don't care for All New (Day!) Marvel

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
    RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

This is anything but the future. The future is digital distribution, and by catering instead to the dying print industry Marvel is proving itself rather regressive.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the_stegman  Moderator
    CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool I guess. Nothing to really comment on good or bad until I actually see the direction they're going with the books and creators. I do hope this doesn't spoil too much about Secret Wars though.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@the_stegman: I don't have one, there is no comic shops anywhere near me so it's like they are punishing people who don't have access.

mje360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

How much longer can Marvel use the tagline of "All-New" before it gets old..

theMightyMODOK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By theMightyMODOK

Super excited for this. Marvel is great at getting me hyped for their future.

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

While I would hardly call what Marvel has done recently (especially what they did to Thor) a renaissance, I must admit that I've heard some things about this "all-new" Marvel Universe that make me want to stick around to see how it goes. Characters like Peter Parker, the Maestro, and the Howling Commandos surviving. Tie-ins like Wierdworld going on after Secret Wars is over (I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for Planet Hulk and Old Man Logan). I'd never thought I'd say this but I'm actually interested in finding out what happens after Secret Wars.

WAM-Hope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I don't have one, there is no comic shops anywhere near me so it's like they are punishing people who don't have access.

So true, so true.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 the_stegman  Moderator

@jonny_anonymous: That's rough, :(

No one should be without the awe that is a LCS.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I'm lucky enough to have 8 within a reasonable distance.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 the_stegman  Moderator
    mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

black panther

illmatic4177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gotham331: Probably lol, but its working for them.

illmatic4177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: Why would it mean less quality? Even if you don't put any stock in their high market share, if you look at the reviews on here and other sites, a lot of Marvel stuff has been really good since Marvel Now a couple years ago. As a long time fan, I have seen a step up in quality since Marvel Now. And I highly doubt they move up again in price just yet, though I can totally see a bunch of 4.99 first issues.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

I can't wait to pick this up. Very cool strategy.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@illmatic4177: More decompression to make the stories go longer with more padding, more special issues at 4.99 and up, more characters distorted to fit stories...From my perspective there hasn't really been an increase in quality from marvel, they've gone from stunt to stunt and I think that's all they are capable of doing. They may throw in a few regular issues now and then, but their hearts are in events/stunts and events mean character distortion and padding, most of it over priced. For example I give them a year of non-evil Iron Man issues before they turn him evil again.

illmatic4177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By illmatic4177

@mark_stephen: Man, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers have been an epic run. God of Thunder was amazing, new Thor great as well. Spidey and All New X-Men are consistently fun. Hawkeye, Elektra, Fantastic Four, Ant Man, Moonknight, She Hulk, Howard the Duck, Superior Foes, Punisher, Black Widow,Ms Marvel, Captain Marvel, Miles Morales, Daredevil, Secret Avengers, and now even Spider Woman all great. Way more hits then misses. And it may just be my opinion, but considering Marvel regularly sells more units then DC despite a higher average cover price while putting out generally the same amount of titles as DC? Apparently a lot of people agree.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I find non-announcements like these annoying and just do another but create negative feelings for the companies doing it.

Samuel_Simmons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Samuel_Simmons

So I guess the next time they have a reboot or soft reboot of titles it'll be all-new all-different Marvel Now?

A renaissance though? really? More like we've been trying every crazy idea we can think and hope people buy it. All I can think of events starting just as the last event ends and hearing people quickly change their opinion on how great it is from issue one to how terrible it was by the time it concludes. Everything they have been doing lately has made it easier for me to take this reboot as a chance to drop all Marvel completely. Imo Marvel has been going downhill for awhile, not that they aren't things that shine as well for example, the god butcher story, or the new star wars titles, but in general they've been making changes for the worse not the better, I just want the regular marvel characters all back without the complicated time travel reality endangering storylines every other week, things like that shouldn't be so easily thrown around and should be limited to once or twice a year.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@mje360: Four years? DC was the New 52 until recentl.

DarthDanMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@safefruitcake: Is Marvel's FCBD stuff on Comixology? DC's was up within the week and I gave up searching for Marvel's.

DarthDanMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I was actually just in my first comic book store last month while on vacation, yet I have tons of TBP and digital comics.

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I like the idea of a free large preview magazine, but I still don't dig the "all new all different" label. It's so "we're trying to hard!" I wonder if it's too soon to change it before Secret Wars ends.

PR_1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In 2012, we had the Marvel NOW relaunch. And over the course of Marvel NOW!, from the very first issue of Avengers, they had events leading up to Secret Wars for yet another relaunch set for 2015. So, are you telling me, that they were planning this relaunch at the beginning of their relaunch!?!?

Not to mention that 2010's Heroic Age was a relaunch. So the pattern is 2010, 2012, 2015...? So every two to three years we get a relaunch?

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: @rideaspacecowboy: If you read the article carefully you will note: The ALL-NEW ALL-DIFFERENT MARVEL PREVIEWS will also be released digitally shortly after its print debut,

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthdanman: Just checked and found the FCBD issues finally.

DarthDanMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@safefruitcake: "Digital release June 2." That's about a month later. Better late than never I guess.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By donmeca2020

Enough with the new logo... lets see some future cover shots of whats to come.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.