Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

The Avenger vs. X-Men: Days of Future Past

Avatar image for thenotoriousheisenblokz
    ThenotoriousHeisenblokz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

Which has a better Plot?

Which has a better Action/Effects?

Which has a better Music?

Which has a better Cast?

Which has a better Villain?

Which has better Heroes?

Score Board:

Closing Argument:

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Which has a better Plot? -DoFP.

Which has a better Action/Effects? -Tie. The Chithari fight at the end of the Avengers just had a lot more emotional weight than the future Sentinels, because with the Avengers they were actually fighting the main characters and not a bunch of randoms chosen to show how powerful the Sentinels were. So, I think Avengers had better action scenes overall, but every scene in DoFP with Quicksilver was a masterpiece. And really, Avengers was (and should have been) more of an action movie than DoFP, so it's kind of hard to compare.

Which has a better Music?-DoFP.

Which has a better Cast? -Tie. Too different to compare, kind of.

Which has a better Villain? -DoFP. Magneto, Mystique, Quicksilver, Trask, and two kinds of Sentinels trumps Loki and some random aliens (although, admittedly, just barely). Really, though, for me this comes down to plot and characterization.

Which has better Heroes? -Tie. While I found Hawkeye and Black Widow's roles somewhat thin, the character interactions between the main four Avengers made all of them pretty distinct and likable. In DoFP, there's a lot of minor/background characters that we're never given any reason to care about, but still I found all of the main characters really compelling.

Score Board:X-Men: Days of Future Past - 6 votes, The Avengers -3 votes.

Closing Argument: I thought both of these movies were good for what they were, but I have to give it to DoFP for having a more engaging story and more interesting use of special effects.

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

1. DOFP

2. The Avengers

3. Tie

4. The Avengers

5. DOFP

6. The Avengers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.