spider-man --the most skillfull fighter in marvel universe?

#1 Posted by RonSiconolfi (521 posts) - - Show Bio

seriously --no1 can beat him--hes way too agile and quick.  
 
i think deadpool comes close as far as skill goes--but in a fight deadpool will come up second best
#2 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8740 posts) - - Show Bio

You're joking right? there's a whole roster of better fighters in Marvel. I wouldn't even know where to start with a list.

#3 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not really.

#4 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

Not even close. It's just he's smarter, and usually faster and more agile than the people he fights.

#5 Posted by Fatal (2072 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Just no.

#6 Posted by rein (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman has Better physical stats then many of the skilled H2H fighters so that may be a reason why you Assume that spider-man is more skilled but... Yeah, Spideman is nowhere near the most skilled fighter on marvel earth let alone the universe.

#7 Edited by Omegaman10 (541 posts) - - Show Bio

nope not even close to being  on of the most skilled fighters
and neither is deadpool, but ill admit he's pretty skilled with weapons and fighting but not one of the most skilled.

#8 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

Nooooo he obviously isn't. The fact that cap, dd and other fighters can humiliate him easy is because of his lack of skills and carelessness.
As for his speed and agility, yes...he is very fast and agile but when he faces guys like DD who are superior fighters and tactitians, these advantages aren't really hepful.
And of course his strong morals make him to prevent himself from using his best of his ability. If he wouldn't have these morals and if he would try to use the best of his abilty then he would be above street level characters and he will obviously destroy them with easy even if they have superior skills.=]

#9 Posted by RonSiconolfi (521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! said:

"Not even close. It's just he's smarter, and usually faster and more agile than the people he fights. "

who?
  
vs daredevil=spidey wins 
vs cap=tie
vs iron fist= spidey wins 
vs wolverine=spidey wins 
vs black panter=spidey wins 
 
 
 
@spidey 15 said:

"Nooooo he obviously isn't. The fact that cap, dd and other fighters can humiliate him easy is because of his lack of skills and carelessness. As for his speed and agility, yes...he is very fast and agile but when he faces guys like DD who are superior fighters and tactitians, these advantages aren't really hepful. And of course his strong morals make him to prevent himself from using his best of his ability. If he wouldn't have these morals and if he would try to use the best of his abilty then he would be above street level characters and he will obviously destroy them with easy even if they have superior skills.=] "


    I dont think cap could beat spiderman-if anything spidey would edge out a "tie" so to speak 
every spiderman comic i have spiderman always comes out on top-hes not like deadpool who loses every single fight 
cap vs spiderman--cap would get the best of him--but if spidey really wanted to win ...he would 
plus hasnt spidey already beat DD a couple of times? 

 
   sorry seeing spidey lose just never happens--he always comes out on top--not w/o getting all beat up in the process though

#10 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio

Ron, I liked you better when you were whining about girls.

#11 Posted by Rosebunse (151 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not the worst, but yeah, there are loads who are better than him. He only wins because he may be the main protagonist in the whole of the MU.
#12 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

You gots to be kiddin... 
 

#13 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Not even close.

#14 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8740 posts) - - Show Bio

Really what makes Spider-man such a formidable street levelers is the fact that's super-human in all physical attributes, has that spider sense "save me from face punch" power and he's smart.
 
Spider-man's powerful, but the main source of his power is not hand to hand fighting ability.

#15 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

Does he even know any fighting styles?? He pretty much just banks on his abilities and his webs.  You can't be the best h2h fighter without mastering at least a few different fighting styles.

#16 Posted by ofaaron (118 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd probably say Captain America is ONE OF THE best fighters in the Marvel Universe (as Marvel will never come out and make any hero THE best at much of anything without killing them off right away.) A lot of good fighters are explained as having trained under Cap in the Avengers at some point. Plus he has gone blow for blow with people far more powerful than himself hundreds of times. Daredevil and Bucky are also probably up there. 
 
Spider-Man isn't really even in the running. He has learned a lot from experience, but still heavily relies on his super powers.

#17 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:
"You're joking right? there's a whole roster of better fighters in Marvel. I wouldn't even know where to start with a list. "

...what he said...
#18 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2569 posts) - - Show Bio
@RonSiconolfi said:
"

@Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! said:

"Not even close. It's just he's smarter, and usually faster and more agile than the people he fights. "

who?
  
vs daredevil=spidey wins 
vs cap=tie
vs iron fist= spidey wins 
vs wolverine=spidey wins 
vs black panter=spidey wins 
 
 
 
@spidey 15 said:

"Nooooo he obviously isn't. The fact that cap, dd and other fighters can humiliate him easy is because of his lack of skills and carelessness. As for his speed and agility, yes...he is very fast and agile but when he faces guys like DD who are superior fighters and tactitians, these advantages aren't really hepful. And of course his strong morals make him to prevent himself from using his best of his ability. If he wouldn't have these morals and if he would try to use the best of his abilty then he would be above street level characters and he will obviously destroy them with easy even if they have superior skills.=] "


    I dont think cap could beat spiderman-if anything spidey would edge out a "tie" so to speak 
every spiderman comic i have spiderman always comes out on top-hes not like deadpool who loses every single fight 
cap vs spiderman--cap would get the best of him--but if spidey really wanted to win ...he would 
plus hasnt spidey already beat DD a couple of times? 

 
   sorry seeing spidey lose just never happens--he always comes out on top--not w/o getting all beat up in the process though

"
If he was the most skillful fighter, you wouldn't have just put him up against Street Levelers.
#19 Posted by Ms. Omega (4404 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope he isnt

#20 Posted by jlavengerx77 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

He's just very quick agile and strong. His spider sense warns him of moves but he isn't very skilled.
#21 Posted by Black Lantern Mar-vell (2032 posts) - - Show Bio

 

Spider-man gets his backside handed to him by the likes of Daredevil
#22 Posted by Jake Fury (18166 posts) - - Show Bio

There's no doubt Spidey has his own melee style of fighting. But it's based on his strength, agility and speed. He's just not on the H2H level of some of Marvel's elite.
#23 Posted by SoA (4700 posts) - - Show Bio

 agility , stamina, but no real style , just super strength and speed . imo not even the top ten of hand to hand combatants . he may over power or or out maneuver but that's not skill
that's his power . the martial artists or street-level heroes (or villains ) actually train and hone their skill. u might as well say hulk  or superman is  the top fighter because of their brute strength . 
bottom line : he's skilled . he is a fighter . but he is not the most  skillful fighter

#24 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Black Lantern Mar-vell: Read you own scan. Spidey was extremely angry and that made him sloppy, is even stated in your scan. Also Daredevil isn't someone to underestimate.=]
#25 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man is a street fighter, his skills are augmented by his powers, there is no real technique. Without his powers he is not very good.
#26 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

he is fast, strong , smart and knows where is gonna be hit 
but he isnt nearly as skillful as some of the real h2h fighters the marvel u 
he has his own style  
he may beat a lot of them but they are far more skillful  

#27 Posted by RonSiconolfi (521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Black Lantern Mar-vell said:
"
 
Spider-man gets his backside handed to him by the likes of Daredevil "

 well in my spiderman history book-its got a pic of spidey punching DD through a glass window and says spidey won
 
 so thats what i went by
#28 Posted by RonSiconolfi (521 posts) - - Show Bio

ok
how about this--who has spider-man lost to?

#29 Edited by TheSpiderSilva (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry for bumping an old topic, but I feel like adding a little to it.

It is true that Spider-man has enhanced strength, speed, stamina, reflexes, reaction time, and power. That alone doesn't make him a skilled fighter. The fact that he knows how to use those abilities so well is what makes him skilled. For example, you can have a longer reach than your opponent, but that means nothing if you don't know how to keep your opponent at distance. The ability to use your physical assets is indeed a skill. Spider-man is not one of the most technical fighters out there, because he doesn't formally train in any specific martial art, but the argument could be made that he is one of the most skilled, because he has essentially mastered the single most important aspect of fighting: not getting hit. If he wasn't a skilled fighter and only relied on brute strength and what-not to win fights for him, he would be instantly trashed by anyone who is more powerful than him, but he is able to hang with just about anyone.

Also, the fact that he holds back most of the time plays into this as well.

#30 Edited by God_Spawn (37371 posts) - - Show Bio

You go, Spidey. You face web a blind guy. Such skill!!

Moderator
#31 Edited by dukem (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't this guy kick Spidey's behind 1 vs 1

#32 Posted by Strider92 (16143 posts) - - Show Bio

Potentially he could be. Ie: if you gave him Batman's skillset the guy would be nigh-unstoppable due to his spider-sense and stats but as it stands Spider-man is far from the most skilled fighter. He has an unpredictable fighting style that does make it hard for his enemies to work him out sometimes but thats due to his agility more than skill.

#33 Posted by modot (3 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG people are you stupid of course it is bat man did you see him fight heratic in spiderman 3!!!!!!!

#34 Posted by flazam (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@modot said:

OMG people are you stupid of course it is bat man did you see him fight heratic in spiderman 3!!!!!!!

WTF

#35 Edited by modot (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@flazam said:

@modot said:

OMG people are you stupid of course it is bat man did you see him fight heratic in spiderman 3!!!!!!!

WTF

oh be quiet you cretinous bufoon

#36 Posted by flazam (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@modot said:

@flazam said:

@modot said:

OMG people are you stupid of course it is bat man did you see him fight heratic in spiderman 3!!!!!!!

WTF

oh be quiet you cretinous bufoon

#37 Posted by Nightwing4 (360 posts) - - Show Bio

I think physically he could BECOME the best H2H fighter due to Spidey sense and ridiculously disproportionate strength to weight ratio. If he spent a few years with Cap or Panther....he'd be a force to be reckoned with.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.