Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Sources on rights disputes between Disney, Fox and Sony?

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By StarWatcher

Hey viners!

So for my Multimedia Industry class I have to present a case of dispute of rights/patents/intellectual property between major multimedia companies.

I thought hey, what a great occasion to do something on a subject that actually interests me and that most people outside the comic book fandom might not be aware of!

So I'd like to do my presentation on the complicated rights issues between Disney, Fox and Sony concerning the Marvel comic book characters adapted to movies, merchandise, etc... And how it affects the content we recieve as customers/fans (some characters prefered over others in comic books, no cross overs in movies, etc...)

I'm not asking you guys to do my job for me, but I'd like to make it as accurate as possible, so if you guys have reliable sources explaining the rights situation between these companies and reports on any disputes, lawsuits (if there were any?), etc, I'd really appreciate if you shared them!

You are also welcome to leave any rumors and speculations, however subjective they may be, about how this will affect the companies and the content they produce in the long run.

I might make a final slide showcasing the opinions of fans on the matter. :)

Thanks in advance!

BjornIronside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

After min 26.

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks a lot for the useful video!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.