Sorceror Supreme

• 78 results
#1 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio

Are they doing like Black Panther, and making us wait for the answer till, like, one issue away from where the arc ends?  Or are they going to actually reveal him soon? 

Anywho, other than that, what is known so far about the new Sorcerer Supreme?

#2 Posted by Cloaked Man (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, as far as I can tell...the Sorcerer Supreme is Brother Voodoo. The Eye of Agamotto chose him.

#3 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio
Cloaked Man said:
Well, as far as I can tell...the Sorcerer Supreme is Brother Voodoo. The Eye of Agamotto chose him.
.........................WHAT?!
#4 Edited by War Killer (20741 posts) - - Show Bio

The new SS was on the last page of New Avengers #53

#5 Posted by Gloom (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh, seriously? =/

#6 Posted by Cloaked Man (147 posts) - - Show Bio

That picture does not lie.

#7 Posted by War Killer (20741 posts) - - Show Bio
Gloom said:
Uh, seriously? =/

Well, The Hood could kill him?
#8 Posted by Cloaked Man (147 posts) - - Show Bio
War Killer said:
Gloom said: Uh, seriously? =/ Well, The Hood could kill him? [more]
Ohlord I hope not.

What's wrong with Drumm? He's pretty awesome.
#9 Posted by War Killer (20741 posts) - - Show Bio
Cloaked Man said:
War Killer said: Gloom said: Uh, seriously? =/ Well, The Hood could kill him? [more] Ohlord I hope not.What's wrong ... [more]
I hope he dose die, or is not going to be the permanitt SS
#10 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio

SCARLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does Brother Voodoo have an accent?

How did he beat out the other choices?.........................JENNIFER!!!!

#11 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio

When did he get dreads?

Look at his witch fingers!

#12 Posted by War Killer (20741 posts) - - Show Bio

He dose look weird...I was hoping for Dr. Doom!!!

#13 Posted by Hypercide (87 posts) - - Show Bio
War Killer said:
He dose look weird...I was hoping for Dr. Doom!!!
Didn't Doom just get killed by The Marquis of Death or whatever?

#14 Posted by War Killer (20741 posts) - - Show Bio
Hypercide said:
War Killer said: He dose look weird...I was hoping for Dr. Doom!!! Didn't Doom just get killed by The Marquis ... [more]
No, as far as I know he's still alive
#15 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio
White Mage said:
SCARLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Does Brother Voodoo have an accent?How did he beat out the other choices?.........................JENNIFER!!!!
Strange said Jennifer Kale wasn't ready in the first issue of the arc, But why not AMANDA SEFTON!??!

the girl needs a job, she's not living in limbo anymore.
#16 Posted by Cloaked Man (147 posts) - - Show Bio
White Mage said:
SCARLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Does Brother Voodoo have an accent?How did he beat out the other choices?.........................JENNIFER!!!!
White Mage said:
When did he get dreads?Look at his witch fingers!
He didn't have to "beat out" the other choices. The Eye of Agamotto saw fit that he was the greatest candidate on the plane and chose him. The Scarlet Witch doesn't have her powers, anymore and Jennifer Kale hasn't been shown to be all that great with the mystics. I would've liked to see Topaz or Clea get the title, though.

He appeared with dreads--the earliest I remember was in that one Hulk Arc when Hulk goes to Vegas and Ms. Marvel taps him to teleport to Vegas and reverse the spell. I believe it was in Hulk #9. Though, it's weird, because on the cover to New Avengers #52, I think, he appears without the dreads.
#17 Posted by geraldthesloth (32689 posts) - - Show Bio

Brother voodoo is sh!t he doesn't deserve the title

#18 Posted by geraldthesloth (32689 posts) - - Show Bio
War Killer said:
Gloom said: Uh, seriously? =/ Well, The Hood could kill him? [more]
I hope so
#19 Posted by Cloaked Man (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Voodoo's first appearance w/ dreads

#20 Posted by Cloaked Man (147 posts) - - Show Bio

What is with the Brother Voodoo hate? XD

#21 Posted by War Killer (20741 posts) - - Show Bio

All I know is the fight for SS is far from over

#22 Posted by geraldthesloth (32689 posts) - - Show Bio
Cloaked Man said:
What is with the Brother Voodoo hate? XD
He's a joke character..I don't take him serious
#23 Posted by War Killer (20741 posts) - - Show Bio
geraldthesloth said:
Cloaked Man said: What is with the Brother Voodoo hate? XD He's a joke character..I don't take him serious [more]
I had never heard of his until his name came up as one of the possibiltys for SS, I was thinking it would be someone more known or at lest Wiccan
#24 Posted by Cloaked Man (147 posts) - - Show Bio
geraldthesloth said:
Cloaked Man said: What is with the Brother Voodoo hate? XD He's a joke character..I don't take him serious [more]
I don't see how he should or could be taken as a joke character. When Dr. Strange isn't available it's Brother Voodoo that's tapped for most things mystic as seen in earlier issues of New Avengers. If you want to count the What If? issue where he assumed the role of Sorcerer Supreme, you can count that, too. Brother Voodoo has never been a joke. Underused like most characters that are mystically based, maybe. But not a joke.
#25 Posted by War Killer (20741 posts) - - Show Bio
Cloaked Man said:
geraldthesloth said: Cloaked Man said: What is with the Brother Voodoo hate? XD He's a joke character..I don't take him ... [more]
Hmmmmmm...I still say this is far from over, The Hood ain't going to give up on the Eye that fast
#26 Posted by geraldthesloth (32689 posts) - - Show Bio
Cloaked Man said:
geraldthesloth said: Cloaked Man said: What is with the Brother Voodoo hate? XD He's a joke character..I don't take him ... [more]
Has never been a joke?

Read the things fred hembeck wrote about him in marvel age

Brother VooDoo is an unrelevant crappy character.
#27 Posted by geraldthesloth (32689 posts) - - Show Bio
War Killer said:
Hopefully it still is wiccan..
#28 Posted by War Killer (20741 posts) - - Show Bio
geraldthesloth said:
War Killer said: geraldthesloth said: Cloaked Man said: What is with the Brother Voodoo hate? XD He's a joke character..I ... [more]
I doubt it, Wccan was with Strange when he had the Eye and it did nothing, I still hope for Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom: Sorceror Supreme!

#29 Posted by Cloaked Man (147 posts) - - Show Bio
geraldthesloth said:
Cloaked Man said: geraldthesloth said: Cloaked Man said: What is with the Brother Voodoo hate? XD He's a joke character..I ... [more]
Marvel Age? Are you talking about the comics aimed toward children? That's never been in continuity with Earth 616. One dude's opinion on a character being lame is irrelevant, especially when they're out of continuity. If we went by what one writer wrote, Luke Cage would still be a slob and wuss (Priest made him scared of needles) like he was being portrayed before Bendis picked him up in Alias, The Pulse, Daredevil and New Avengers.
#30 Edited by Dane (10662 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude I'm totally cool with Brother Voodoo being the SS. I'm not cool with them turning Dr. Strange into a retard for that purpose. Also, now that Dr. Strange isn't Sorceror Supreme why doesn't he age tremendously? He's supposed to be nearly 80 years old.

#31 Posted by geraldthesloth (32689 posts) - - Show Bio
Cloaked Man said:
geraldthesloth said: Cloaked Man said: geraldthesloth said: Cloaked Man said: What is with the Brother Voodoo hate? XD He's a ... [more]
Brother Voodoo has been used as a joke forever.

I don't see your point why put hope in such a shitty character?
#32 Posted by geraldthesloth (32689 posts) - - Show Bio
War Killer said:
geraldthesloth said: War Killer said: geraldthesloth said: Cloaked Man said: What is with the Brother Voodoo hate? XD He's a ... [more]
Doom might be dead dude.
#33 Posted by War Killer (20741 posts) - - Show Bio

Why dose every one keep saying Doom's Dead!!!??

#34 Posted by geraldthesloth (32689 posts) - - Show Bio
War Killer said:
Why dose every one keep saying Doom's Dead!!!??
Did you read the recent fantastic four?
#35 Posted by Cloaked Man (147 posts) - - Show Bio
geraldthesloth said:
Cloaked Man said: geraldthesloth said: Cloaked Man said: geraldthesloth said: Cloaked Man said: What is with the Brother Voodoo hate? ... [more]
Shitty in your opinion, which I'm going to choose to respect since you want to remain blind to Brother Voodoo having been the prime mystic in 616 beside Dr. Strange. Your only basis for him being a joke was a comedic comic that's nowhere near canon. I'm not a big Brother Voodoo fan, and he isn't even who I wanted to become Sorcerer Supreme, but I'm not going to hate on the character, either.
#36 Posted by War Killer (20741 posts) - - Show Bio
geraldthesloth said:
War Killer said: Why dose every one keep saying Doom's Dead!!!?? Did you read the recent fantastic four? [more]
The Masters of Doom? No I saw the Preview that G-Man posted, but didn't get a chance to pick it up :(
#37 Posted by Cloaked Man (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Doom supposedly died. His Master was displeased with his work and lit him on fire.

#38 Posted by War Killer (20741 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt he's dead, they wouldn't just go off and kill him, Millar wouldn't just do that

#39 Posted by Cloaked Man (147 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree.

#40 Posted by geraldthesloth (32689 posts) - - Show Bio
Cloaked Man said:
geraldthesloth said: Cloaked Man said: geraldthesloth said: Cloaked Man said: geraldthesloth said: Cloaked Man said: What is with the Brother ... [more]
He's never been a prime mystic until this arc..He has no feats until proven otherwise.
War Killer said:
geraldthesloth said: War Killer said: Why dose every one keep saying Doom's Dead!!!?? Did you read the recent fantastic four? ... [more]
He was attacked at the end of it
#41 Posted by Cloaked Man (147 posts) - - Show Bio
Cloaked Man said:
In addition to that, since his first appearance he's been tapped for multiple mystical issues and he has been seen as one of the top sorcerers alive, or else the Initiative wouldn't have used them how they used him. They would have gone with Jennifer Kale or someone else they had under their umbrella. I don't know what feats you would expect from a person with normal level mystical power without access to the tools and power that Dr. Strange has, but with the way Brother Voodoo has been treated as of late in stories, not just New Avengers.
#42 Posted by Tank. (2059 posts) - - Show Bio
Cloaked Man said:
Dr. Doom supposedly died. His Master was displeased with his work and lit him on fire.
How recent was that? Didn't Doom just appear in the newest Thor comic, making a deal with Loki and moving the Asgardians to his home in Latevia (sp?)
#43 Posted by Cloaked Man (147 posts) - - Show Bio
Tank. said:
Cloaked Man said: Dr. Doom supposedly died. His Master was displeased with his work and lit him on fire. How ... [more]
It came out two weeks ago. The current Fantastic Four arc takes place sometime after Dark Reign and Dark Avengers first arc after he's released from US Custody. The Master arrives after he returns to Latveria. As for when he meets with Loki and his second meeting with Loki with Balder to talk about Asgard's removal from America is either between his arrival in Latveria and the Master's arrival (the time between the two is unspecified, but it's insinuated to have happened on the same day, I think) or after this, which means he survives.
#44 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4172 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care who the sorceror supreme is, I just hope the New Avengers are done with this mystic stuff and get back to trying to stop Osborn from destroying the good name of the Avengers.

#45 Posted by SUNMAN (7371 posts) - - Show Bio
Cloaked Man said:
War Killer said: Gloom said: Uh, seriously? =/ Well, The Hood could kill him? [more] Ohlord I hope not.What's wrong ... [more]
agreed I like him.

I like how a lot of characters who have been kept in the dark are finally getting some spotlight in this last year or two.
#46 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio
Nova`Prime` said:
I don't care who the sorceror supreme is, I just hope the New Avengers are done with this mystic stuff ... [more]
But don't the two kinda go hand in hand?  Sorcerer Supreme could = deal breaker.
#47 Posted by defaultdefaultdefault (16426 posts) - - Show Bio

i wanted to see anyone else for fun, but always felt either Voodoo or Wong was the best choice.
Voodoo was great in Supernaturals.

#48 Posted by Cloaked Man (147 posts) - - Show Bio
CATMANEXE said:
i wanted to see anyone else for fun, but always felt either Voodoo or Wong was the best choice.Voodoo was ... [more]
Wong can't perform magic unless aided by Dr. Strange. I would've said him, too.
#49 Posted by xerox_kitty (17338 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like someone has jumped the gun a little... The "Brudder" Voodoo page says that he is the new SS. 

I just don't like the character.  He's an outdated stereotype. 

Personally I suspect that more of this story has yet to be played out in full.

#50 Posted by Dupe (1409 posts) - - Show Bio
xerox_kitty said:
Looks like someone has jumped the gun a little... The "Brudder" Voodoo page says that he is the new SS.  ... [more]
Well, I don't know. I never really knew that much about the character but i think he could be quite interesting as the Sorcerer Supreme. Just look at The Hood, he wasn't much to start of with but look at him now. And I agree that it isn't sure he is the Sorcerer Supreme, it could still go all ways.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.