Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

So...Reading some New Avengers for the first time....

errantknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By errantknight

I'm in 2007 right now and I'm just wondering...is Luke Cage always a giant douche or is he just having a bad civil war? Also....Hawkeye and Spiderman combat banter, lol!

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@errantknight: Mind telling me which issue it was in or at least post a scan of the issue for Cage? Don't remember off the top of my head.

errantknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By errantknight

@humanrocket

I just read issues 27 through 33, and he's been pretty surly throughout. He was particularly dickish in this one:

No Caption Provided

They're coming back from going after Maya in Japan. He has some reason to be worried, but...wow. I don't know him, so I don't know if it's out of character. He makes wolverine look chummy and approachable, lol.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@errantknight:

For the thing with Spider-Man, you can't blame him for his attitude. Remember, this is the time when the Skrull Invasion was taking place. Luke, like the rest of the world, needed to know who was and who wasn't a Skrull. I think it's just you. If you have read anything about Luke Cage, you should know this is his type personality. He's straight up no batting around the bush, says what's in his mind. I like the character because of it. Felt that he was the best part of Bendis' New Avengers book.

errantknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By errantknight

I just got to 34 and he's feeling better. The whole thing with the inner selves was really great, lol. He's got a nasty sulk though. I wasn't just talking about spiderman, who was pretty clearly not a skrull--I don't think they do banter about feeling skrully. ;) I was also talking about the way he treated his wife. But she got her own back, lol. The dialogue in this comic is very good.

Edit: ok, I'm at 50 now and I really should have read these before. I took a long break from comics other than the occasional graphic novel and when I came back, I focused on Captain America and the winter soldier comics. I really didn't have a full picture of the blloody unending chaos, lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.