Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

so I've read deadpool and i wanna read a new hero, who?

frangipan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Idealy marvel. The only hero I've read is deadpool I am quite new to comic. The hero I started with was deadpool know im looking for something new i quite like the look of Hawkeye.

HeckTate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

If you want something that's not going to be a serious action/drama like most comics (something similarish to Deadpool) I'd suggest Guardians of the Galaxy. It's lighthearted but still story driven, has unique characters (Groot and Rocket Raccoon are two of my favorite comic characters), and requires very little knowledge of the Marvel Universe to understand. Also the new run (vol 3) has only 5 (I believe) issues out so far so it's easy to catch up with. Hawkeye is supposed to be really good too, but I can't vouch for it as I'm trying to find the last few back issues I'm missing before I start it.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Read Thor God of Thunder or Daredevil...Superior spiderman too

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Indestructible Hulk and Thor god of thunder

Marvel34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hit-Monkey! Or Iron Man!

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Cable and X-force! or Cable & Deadpool

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Read Hawkeye and Daredevil.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you only want to read a solo title or would you be interested in a team book? If you're new to comics, I would definitely recommend Hawkeye or Daredevil for a very fun read. Thor: God of Thunder is a fantastic title, with a great story and gorgeous artwork. Also, I've been loving Superior Spider-Man, so far. While it's different from previous Spider-Man books, it's been a very fun read so far. Despite what some people are saying, I think Slott's been doing a great job at making the series seem fresh again. If you're interested in any team books, I'd recommend Uncanny Avengers (although it may be a bit confusing if you didn't read Remender's Uncanny X-Force series, which you totally should. Deadpool's in it, by the way.) or any of the X-Men books.

Blood_Red_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Don't read Hulk unless you have the attention span of a child and enjoy Michael Bay films. I'd agree with Daredevil or Guardians of the Galaxy.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Don't read Hulk unless you have the attention span of a child and enjoy Michael Bay films.

Loading Video...

Blood_Red_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Blood_Red_Rage
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

I'm assuming you mean you want to read a title that's similar to Deadpool, yes? Because otherwise I'd reccomend Thunderbolts.

Well...there's a lot of Deadpool out there, are you sure you've read it all?

Seriously though, you might enjoy the newest Thunderbolts title. It's a small run, but the author is one that's known for his work on Deadpool, and guess who's a member of the team...

And Madpanda is right, Hawkeye is seriously awesome.

MrMiyagii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MrMiyagii

@spideysense44: I just picked up the vol 1 trades of Thor: God of Thunder and Superior Spiderman. Heard good stuff about them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.