Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Smartest Men on Marvel Earth 616

• 117 results
    Hulkomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hulkomaniac

The 8 smartest men unaided by outside factors in the marvel U include the following in order:

1. Reed Richards- respectedany most as the smartest man in the world and master of all feilds of science, particularly cosmic radiation and antimatter physics (negative zone)

2. Dr. Doom- Some may say that Doom is the evil intellectual counterpart to Richards in all fields of science, however, Doom has also perfected a field that many would dare claim as science, dark magic. Although Pym has stated that "Magic is just science that I have yet to figure out." Doom is also a genius in the fields of robotics and energy absorption/manipulation.

3. Hank Pym- dubbed as the scientist supreme, Pym is the leading man in the fields of biocybernetics (ultron), bio-particle physics, and multi dimensional physics (Pym particles/micro- and macroverses)

4. Bruce Banner- always portrayed to be a master of radiation biophysics, particularly high frequency gamma rays absorption; as of late, Banner has been shown to also be a master of many other fields of science ranging from technology (force fields/teleportation) to genetics (cellular manipulation of his own DNA to control the Hulk). We also see in Fall of the Hulks story arc that Banner is a master strategist.

5. Tony Stark- always seen as the leading innovator of all things tech, Stark is particularly known for his works in weaponry and being a master at futurism, the ability to predict future problems and develop solutions before they even present themselves. However, after the civil war and secret invasion, we come to realize that Starks genius is best served on the circuit boards.

6. T'Challa- the ruler of a long standing civilization untainted by the modern world and yet generations more advanced due to their isolation from the world around, allowing them to grow unhindered by most worldly conflict, T'Challa is known for his mastery of all sciences from weapons and defense technology to medicine and even magic. The science and technology of T'Challa and his people has always been right on par or even beyond that of Richards, Stark, and Doom.

7. Amadeus Cho- noted many times over as being the 7th smartest person alive, Cho's primary genius comes from his uncanny ability to process seemingly infinite volumes of data in short periods of time using highly advanced mathematics and physics all in his head. This allows Cho to perform physical tasks with pinpoint accuracy in a matter of seconds, as well as finding recognizable patterns in otherwise random amounts of vast data and decipher them into comprehendible meanings (deciphering alien languages/Comparing energy fluctuation readings of magical beings such as Loki). This ability of Cho to use his brain as a "supercomputer" uniquely distinguishes him from all the other members of the Intelligencia.

8. Hank McCoy: one of the founding members of the X-Men, Hank is steps above many of the other members of this group in the fields of genetics and medicine, as well as mattering many other fields of science such as time travel. As far as I know, McCoys genious is not a manifestation of his X-gene, which makes him one of the top 8 smartest men on earth un-aided by genetics, radiation, and/or cosmic entities.

There are others worth noting however, many of these have either been altered in some way, are alien to earth, or are comic/ godlike entities.

Dr. Samson-Psychiatry

M.O.D.O.K.-genetics

The Leader-Radiation

The Tinkerer-weaponry/tech

The Mad Thinker-strategy/schemes

High Evolutionary-genetics

Mr. Sinister-genetics

Charles Xavier-neuroscience/psychology/tech

Dr. Nemesis-physiology

Prodigy-many fields

Cypher-technology/code

Forge-technology

Noh-Varr-technology

Arnim Zola-genetics

Magneto-Electromagnetism/Technology/physiology

All these men represent the smartest men on earth. What do you think?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

I agree, I think your missing some villains there though like Dark Beast

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Loki9876

yes that should be right

it is officially said that those are the 8 they just never said in wich order. even tough some not-so-well-known characters could be missing

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    Good list.
    biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By biggkeem89

That's sounds about right for smartest men, but smartest people might be different. Its been stated that Valeria Richards is smarter than her father, so she should be the smartest

rico_3088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rico_3088

Great list.
    FuriousWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FuriousWeasel

There are loads of characters that have genius level intelligence (Some even have doctorates) but rarely get recognition for their intelligence. (Sasquatch, Captain Britain, Newton Destine etc.)

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By jrock85

Fair enough.

Sir_Deadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Sir_Deadpool

G@rico_3088 said:

Great list.

indeed,

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Just curious. I was under the impression RIchards' intellect increased with the cosmic rays?
    doublezeroduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By doublezeroduck

Is Forge really that smart? I thought it was his mutant power and not his IQ that helped him make all the tech.

Edit - What about Galactus, Living Tribunal, One-Above-All? Are you leaving out Godlike characters? Or Ultron? Maybe not Ultron because he's an android? Gorgon is supposed to be pretty smart too.

Hulkomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hulkomaniac

@biggkeem89: I don't believe it was ever stated that she was smarter than her father; however, there was an issue of X-Factor in which Valeria was noted as possibly being as smart as her father. Either way, this was a list of the smartest Men in Marvel.

Hulkomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hulkomaniac

@Edgeworth_11: To my knowledge, it's never been noted that the cosmic rays enhanced Reed's intelligence. He was already one of the foremost scientists in the world before the cosmic bombardment.

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NEEK_03

Where would Peter Parker fall on a list like this?

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Enosisik

Peter Parker is NOT a super genius ... He's just an above average but not on the super genius level. I've seen in some old comic Banner being listed as 6th. Cho is the new kid on the list and I still wonder who was knocked down a notch for him. Also Xavier I'm sure gets a lot of his knowledge through his powers._____ Not counting Thanos or any cosmics and God's I'd go. 1.Reed Richards. 2. Dr.Doom 3. Pym 4. Beast 5. Tony Stark 6.Bruce Banner. 7. Cho. 8. Doc Oc 9.. Black Panther 10.. Dr.Nemesis 11.. Magneto ... ________________ Not sure who else Leader is advanced, Sinister has been cloned so I'm sure his is advanced, Modok is obviously advanced , Apocolyps probably uses help from tech.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jeanroygrant

@TheGoldenOne said:

Good list.
    MadRooster81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By MadRooster81

@Enosisik: Peter Parker is indeed a genius. Maybe not enough to break top 10 on this list, but it's been noted that he has dones some amazing things that have surprised Richards and Stark on different occasions. I would say he is in fair running. I mean i high school he creates webbing and web shooters as well spider trackers and is recently working in a Horizon Labs as one of 6 top scientist allowed to come and go as he pleases because he is one of the top guys.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By Gambit1024

What about Dr. Octavius and Norman Osborn?

And this list is fantastic, but I'd put Doom ahead of Reed for the very reasons you put for him. Doom is supposedly on par with Reed on every science, but he's also a master of dark magic. I think he should be placed over Reed, who knows next to nothing on the subject.

@cjbostick81 said:

@Enosisik: Peter Parker is indeed a genius. Maybe not enough to break top 10 on this list, but it's been noted that he has dones some amazing things that have surprised Richards and Stark on different occasions. I would say he is in fair running. I mean i high school he creates webbing and web shooters as well spider trackers and is recently working in a Horizon Labs as one of 6 top scientist allowed to come and go as he pleases because he is one of the top guys.

Also, I'd like to point out that it was directly stated that Peter Parker is on the same level as Tony Stark in One More Day. He just never had the billions of dollars Tony had to really get going.

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#19  Edited By TronHammer

I'd say:

1. Reed Richards

2. Dr. Doom

3. Tony Stark

4. Hank Pym

5. Hank McCoy

6. Wizard

7. Dr. Octopus

8. Bruce Banner

9. The Leader

10. High Evolutionary

11. Mr. Sinister

12. Norman Osborn

And some others that I haven't thought of yet.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

no argument here.

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Enosisik

Genius

Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nightcrawler23

1. Dr. Doom

2. Reed Richards

3. Hank Pym

4. Hank McCoy

5. Tony Stark

6. Banner

7. Amadeus Cho

8. T'Challa.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#23  Edited By Teerack

The past two years or so has really focused on the idea that Peter Parker is a super genius that just didn't use his potential till recently. He even had his mind hooked up to a device that controlled Doctor Octopus' octo-bots, and was able to over power his mind which should only be possible by someone with a stronger mind then Doctor Octopus. So I think after this more recent retcon Peter is meant to be one of the smartest people on earth. I know Reed, Hank, Tony, and others are probably a little smarter but they're also older and have more super science experience. So I'd definitively would say Peter Parker should be up there.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@Teerack said:

The past two years or so has really focused on the idea that Peter Parker is a super genius that just didn't use his potential till recently. He even had his mind hooked up to a device that controlled Doctor Octopus' octo-bots, and was able to over power his mind which should only be possible by someone with a stronger mind then Doctor Octopus. So I think after this more recent retcon Peter is meant to be one of the smartest people on earth. I know Reed, Hank, Tony, and others are probably a little smarter but they're also older and have more super science experience. So I'd definitively would say Peter Parker should be up there.

Of Course, someday, if Peter pays enough hard work, he will absolutely be on the list.

but for now, when talking about Raw Brain Power and Pure Genius...Stark takes the lead

I have noticed that people tends to neglect what Tony have achieved...

I think People had underestimated tony.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Teerack

@GodDamnIronMan: Tony is smart no doubt, but I think Reed has always been the smartest. There were just various thinks Reed was able to do and the rest of the big brains weren't able to do. Like Reed's role in the secret invasion, and the fact that Age of Apocalypse Pym could never understand Reed's journals. There are just lots and lots of moments like this though out marvel history. Tony is probably the best inventor out of the super genius club though, but in terms of smarts Marvel always seems to come back to Reed as being the smartest of the smart.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

also Deadpool should be among them. I mean he did realize that he was in a comic book.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@Teerack said:

@GodDamnIronMan: Tony is smart no doubt, but I think Reed has always been the smartest. There were just various thinks Reed was able to do and the rest of the big brains weren't able to do. Like Reed's role in the secret invasion, and the fact that Age of Apocalypse Pym could never understand Reed's journals. There are just lots and lots of moments like this though out marvel history. Tony is probably the best inventor out of the super genius club though, but in terms of smarts Marvel always seems to come back to Reed as being the smartest of the smart.

I think you get me wrong bro...

i said people had "Underestimate" Tony intelligence...I didn't say he is the smartest....

Of course I agree with you that Reed or Doom are the smartest out there....

Those are the 2 men who left the other brilliant minds far, far behind ( in terms of overall Intelligence)

All i said is that People have overrated Peter. I mean sure, he is damn smart...Like those "The Smartest Guy you Know"

but for the other Top 8, they are world class Genius...based on achievements, sheer intelligence and more.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Teerack

This is how i rank the smart people in marvel (im leaving out some people like the members of the Intelligencia because it would take to long to think about EVERYONE and I don;t care enough)

1) Reed Richards

2) Doctor Doom

3) Tony Stark, Hank Pym, T'Challa

4) Bruce Banner, Hank MaCoy

5) Peter Parker(only really mentioned him because of the thread i'm posting this in.)

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the only thing he knows is how to make hiself stronger

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DarkKnightDetective said:

also Deadpool should be among them. I mean he did realize that he was in a comic book.

lol cool

Tatsu666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Tatsu666

Sorry but what of captain britain with physics/chemistry/biology/engineering/computers and robotics plus hes knowledge of dimensional/parallel universe travel

cuddles666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cuddles666

@Hulkomaniac said:

The 8 smartest men unaided by outside factors in the marvel U include the following in order:

1. Reed Richards- respectedany most as the smartest man in the world and master of all feilds of science, particularly cosmic radiation and antimatter physics (negative zone)

2. Dr. Doom- Some may say that Doom is the evil intellectual counterpart to Richards in all fields of science, however, Doom has also perfected a field that many would dare claim as science, dark magic. Although Pym has stated that "Magic is just science that I have yet to figure out." Doom is also a genius in the fields of robotics and energy absorption/manipulation.

3. Hank Pym- dubbed as the scientist supreme, Pym is the leading man in the fields of biocybernetics (ultron), bio-particle physics, and multi dimensional physics (Pym particles/micro- and macroverses)

4. Bruce Banner- always portrayed to be a master of radiation biophysics, particularly high frequency gamma rays absorption; as of late, Banner has been shown to also be a master of many other fields of science ranging from technology (force fields/teleportation) to genetics (cellular manipulation of his own DNA to control the Hulk). We also see in Fall of the Hulks story arc that Banner is a master strategist.

5. Tony Stark- always seen as the leading innovator of all things tech, Stark is particularly known for his works in weaponry and being a master at futurism, the ability to predict future problems and develop solutions before they even present themselves. However, after the civil war and secret invasion, we come to realize that Starks genius is best served on the circuit boards.

6. T'Challa- the ruler of a long standing civilization untainted by the modern world and yet generations more advanced due to their isolation from the world around, allowing them to grow unhindered by most worldly conflict, T'Challa is known for his mastery of all sciences from weapons and defense technology to medicine and even magic. The science and technology of T'Challa and his people has always been right on par or even beyond that of Richards, Stark, and Doom.

7. Amadeus Cho- noted many times over as being the 7th smartest person alive, Cho's primary genius comes from his uncanny ability to process seemingly infinite volumes of data in short periods of time using highly advanced mathematics and physics all in his head. This allows Cho to perform physical tasks with pinpoint accuracy in a matter of seconds, as well as finding recognizable patterns in otherwise random amounts of vast data and decipher them into comprehendible meanings (deciphering alien languages/Comparing energy fluctuation readings of magical beings such as Loki). This ability of Cho to use his brain as a "supercomputer" uniquely distinguishes him from all the other members of the Intelligencia.

8. Hank McCoy: one of the founding members of the X-Men, Hank is steps above many of the other members of this group in the fields of genetics and medicine, as well as mattering many other fields of science such as time travel. As far as I know, McCoys genious is not a manifestation of his X-gene, which makes him one of the top 8 smartest men on earth un-aided by genetics, radiation, and/or cosmic entities.

There are others worth noting however, many of these have either been altered in some way, are alien to earth, or are comic/ godlike entities.

Dr. Samson-Psychiatry

M.O.D.O.K.-genetics

The Leader-Radiation

The Tinkerer-weaponry/tech

The Mad Thinker-strategy/schemes

High Evolutionary-genetics

Mr. Sinister-genetics

Charles Xavier-neuroscience/psychology/tech

Dr. Nemesis-physiology

Prodigy-many fields

Cypher-technology/code

Forge-technology

Noh-Varr-technology

Arnim Zola-genetics

All these men represent the smartest men on earth. What do you think?

This is exactly why I want Nazi Reed to show up in the pages of New Avengers. He's smarter than Doom, creepier than the Red Skull, and crazier than Osborn. Make it happen, Hickman!

Tatsu666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Tatsu666

lol plus captain britain is the head researcher at darkmoor

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime
    TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TronHammer

Has everyone forgotten James Hudson (Guardian) from Alpha Flight? And Bollivar Trask (I think he's the creator of the Sentinels)? And Wasn't Baron Zemo a genius too?

Tatsu666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Tatsu666

And theirs Dane Whitman (Black Knight) and Albert Potter (Hurricane)

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TronHammer

And let's not forget Dr. Power, the father of the Power Pack children.

Tatsu666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Tatsu666

Aswell as Maximus Blackbolt's brother

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TronHammer

I don't think Maximus would count because he isn't a typical human being who has interacted with other human beings as the other had on even a mundane level. All the others listed had childhoods and grew up among humanity like any of us have already done. Actually I didn't even know that Maximus was considered very intelligent.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By JonSmith

@Edgeworth_11 said:

Just curious. I was under the impression RIchards' intellect increased with the cosmic rays?

Not increased exactly, just... changed. It's been shown in multiple realities that while Reed's mind was and is the smartest BEFORE the accident, since he gained the power to stretch, he can stretch his mind, expanding his mental capacity and changing the very ways he thinks by changing the structure of his brain. As such, he can effectively figure out the answer to any problem, or almost literally wrap his mind around something a normal, or even genius, human couldn't comprehend.

Also, Peter Parker should be above Hank Pym on this list. He's openly stated that Peter at the age of fifteen was smarter than he himself is now.

Tatsu666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Tatsu666

Well he might not be a typical human yet has made some gadgets over the years

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TronHammer

I think Hank Pym has self-confedence issues rather than Peter Parker actually being smarter than he is.

Tatsu666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Tatsu666

Or maybe Hank was just giving Peter a complement

Imperfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Imperfect

Wrong, Pythagoras Dupree should be the sixth smartest man.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

I completely agree with the OP.

Varient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

original list was spot on.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tatsu666 said:

Or maybe Hank was just giving Peter a complement

He seemed pretty upset about it, he held his head in shame. Hank said it took him years to accomplish what Peter did at the age of 15 in his basement with house hold parts.

Reed also said his IQ was off the charts and he scored the same as he did when Reed was that age.

mr_gone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mr_gone

should kang be considered ?

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_gone said:

should kang be considered ?

I don't think so.

Kang had the advantage of coming from the future and simply learning what geniuses had discovered over thousands of years.

He didn't invent anythin or discover anything.

mr_gone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.