The 8 smartest men unaided by outside factors in the marvel U include the following in order:
1. Reed Richards- respectedany most as the smartest man in the world and master of all feilds of science, particularly cosmic radiation and antimatter physics (negative zone)
2. Dr. Doom- Some may say that Doom is the evil intellectual counterpart to Richards in all fields of science, however, Doom has also perfected a field that many would dare claim as science, dark magic. Although Pym has stated that "Magic is just science that I have yet to figure out." Doom is also a genius in the fields of robotics and energy absorption/manipulation.
3. Hank Pym- dubbed as the scientist supreme, Pym is the leading man in the fields of biocybernetics (ultron), bio-particle physics, and multi dimensional physics (Pym particles/micro- and macroverses)
4. Bruce Banner- always portrayed to be a master of radiation biophysics, particularly high frequency gamma rays absorption; as of late, Banner has been shown to also be a master of many other fields of science ranging from technology (force fields/teleportation) to genetics (cellular manipulation of his own DNA to control the Hulk). We also see in Fall of the Hulks story arc that Banner is a master strategist.
5. Tony Stark- always seen as the leading innovator of all things tech, Stark is particularly known for his works in weaponry and being a master at futurism, the ability to predict future problems and develop solutions before they even present themselves. However, after the civil war and secret invasion, we come to realize that Starks genius is best served on the circuit boards.
6. T'Challa- the ruler of a long standing civilization untainted by the modern world and yet generations more advanced due to their isolation from the world around, allowing them to grow unhindered by most worldly conflict, T'Challa is known for his mastery of all sciences from weapons and defense technology to medicine and even magic. The science and technology of T'Challa and his people has always been right on par or even beyond that of Richards, Stark, and Doom.
7. Amadeus Cho- noted many times over as being the 7th smartest person alive, Cho's primary genius comes from his uncanny ability to process seemingly infinite volumes of data in short periods of time using highly advanced mathematics and physics all in his head. This allows Cho to perform physical tasks with pinpoint accuracy in a matter of seconds, as well as finding recognizable patterns in otherwise random amounts of vast data and decipher them into comprehendible meanings (deciphering alien languages/Comparing energy fluctuation readings of magical beings such as Loki). This ability of Cho to use his brain as a "supercomputer" uniquely distinguishes him from all the other members of the Intelligencia.
8. Hank McCoy: one of the founding members of the X-Men, Hank is steps above many of the other members of this group in the fields of genetics and medicine, as well as mattering many other fields of science such as time travel. As far as I know, McCoys genious is not a manifestation of his X-gene, which makes him one of the top 8 smartest men on earth un-aided by genetics, radiation, and/or cosmic entities.
There are others worth noting however, many of these have either been altered in some way, are alien to earth, or are comic/ godlike entities.
The Mad Thinker-strategy/schemes
All these men represent the smartest men on earth. What do you think?