SDCC 2012: Awesome Toy Picks: Marvel Universe Figures

• 54 results
Posted by G-Man (18890 posts) - - Show Bio

There is so much to see at Comic-Con. We already posted a look at the upcoming DC Collectibles figures and statues. The Hasbro booth had a load of Marvel figures and I couldn't resist posting those as well.

The great thing about the Marvel Universe line is pretty much any character can be made into an action figure. Looking at this batch of figures, that is exactly what they are doing.

The 3.75" figures may not have as much detail as the Legends line but the thing I love is the fact that they are small so you can buy more and have the space for them.

Now sit back and enjoy the look at what we have to look forward to.

NOVA!!

There's some more two packs coming.

There's also some box sets coming.

A bunch of random figures were also on display. There's so many great ones coming. I just hope I'll be able to find the ones I want at the stores.

There's also more Avengers product coming out.

What about Marvel Legends? There's some cool characters getting made soon.

Probably the coolest thing at the Hasbro booth was the display they had set up. Who wouldn't want to have the job of setting this all up? Who wouldn't want this displayed at home?

#1 Posted by leokearon (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

Shame you forgot to mention the Sharon Carter MU figure,

Still this SDCC has been a bit on the disappointing side with regards to MU news only a couple of new figures shown

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35026 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the "chillin like a villain" pictures

#3 Posted by deadpool25mm (615 posts) - - Show Bio

How much do they cost?!?? the action figures?

#4 Posted by thespideyguy (2650 posts) - - Show Bio

where can i get a hellicarier and was that a ben reily and anti venom 

#5 Posted by mtrakos (563 posts) - - Show Bio

@leokearon: "disappointing"? That line up is great. I came in with Marvel Legends and have gone to far too switch now. Look at all the characters they have! Inhumans! Wrecking Crew! SHIELD HELLICARRIER!

HYPERION AND US AGENT !!!

#6 Posted by G-Man (18890 posts) - - Show Bio

@leokearon: There is a picture of her, the fourth to last (and sorta second to last). I couldn't mention all of them. Too much to update on the site. I CAN'T DO IT ALL, MAN!

#7 Posted by longbowhunter (7717 posts) - - Show Bio

I never appreciated the 3.75 " figures until I saw these displays. I get it now.

Need to snag that X-Force Deadpool and Punisher Marvel Legends when they come out. Maybe Iron Fist too.

#8 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

I want the FF Spidey and Doom the most out of all these.

#9 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm? Oh dear...

#10 Posted by monopolyloser (75 posts) - - Show Bio

That display is a childhood dream come true!

#11 Posted by Darkmount1 (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

@leokearon: I believe the Sharon Carter figure (along with the Norman Osborn and Purple Man, plus the Doombots) are only customs they made for the diorama.

You know what's really funny? Looking at the weapons that come with the upcoming Marvel Legends Blade, Punisher, and Mystique, it takes only a minute to realize that the guns are oversized versions of GI Joe guns from the Pursuit of Cobra/30th Anniversary line.

#12 Posted by TheHeat (455 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jonny_Anonymous said:
I love the "chillin like a villain" pictures
#13 Posted by TheHeat (455 posts) - - Show Bio

I must get the FF Spidey!

#14 Posted by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

I really wish they provided power accessories with Marvel Legends figures. Maybe an energy beam that attaches to Iron Man's hand or an optic blast that attaches to Cyclops' face, for example.

#15 Posted by leokearon (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

@mtrakos said:

@leokearon: "disappointing"? That line up is great. I came in with Marvel Legends and have gone to far too switch now. Look at all the characters they have! Inhumans! Wrecking Crew! SHIELD HELLICARRIER!

HYPERION AND US AGENT !!!

If you like Marvel Legends then it is a good SDCC,

MU not so much, hardly any new figures announced

#16 Posted by leokearon (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darkmount1 said:

@leokearon: I believe the Sharon Carter figure (along with the Norman Osborn and Purple Man, plus the Doombots) are only customs they made for the diorama.

You know what's really funny? Looking at the weapons that come with the upcoming Marvel Legends Blade, Punisher, and Mystique, it takes only a minute to realize that the guns are oversized versions of GI Joe guns from the Pursuit of Cobra/30th Anniversary line.

not exactly the FF variant for the F4 tema pack was first seen in last years Diaroma, so there is a good chance they could be released in the future

#17 Posted by butters911 (296 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the Spidey with the bag on his head!

#18 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

the set is freaking awsome

#19 Posted by Mucklefluga (2602 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone know roughly when the Nova will be released?

#20 Posted by blueninjapanther (672 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate that the toys are now small

#21 Posted by Bestostero (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Universe is so awesome, I wished so badly that DC and Mattel would do a line similar like this, but they just dont get it.

#22 Posted by lastdrag0n89 (570 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if the Sentry action figure comes with a sun for him to throw stuff into :D.

#23 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

AARRGGHH!! Is this Iron Fist 6 inches or what?!? I MUST KNOW!!!

#24 Posted by danhimself (22714 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so disappointed in the helicarrier....they should have taken inspiration from the old G.I.Joe toys and made a huge helicarrier that housed tons of figures like the G.I.Joe aircraft carrier and Cobra base

#25 Posted by Darkmount1 (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

@leokearon: Take a close look at each of the figures--the Purple Man is a complete repaint of the SDCC 2009 GI Joe Destro figure; the Norman Osborn is just the Iron Patriot variant head atop that same Destro's body; the Sharon Carter is a GI Joe: Renegades Scarlett atop the Avengers Black Widow figure. I doubt Hasbro is going to mix GI Joe body molds--despite using weapon molds--in the Marvel Universe line.

#26 Posted by The_Kid_Lantern (78 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is the guy shooting blue stuff at Mr. Sinister in the black and blue suit with his hair showing? I love the Iron Fist figure as well as the FF Spiderman. And the Inhumans is also a must have.... ~KL~

#27 Posted by crazyflashfan11 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade is just TOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#28 Posted by happypup70 (30 posts) - - Show Bio

@Miss_Garrick: Yup six inches on that Iron fist.

#29 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Nooooooooooooooooooovaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ooooooooooooooooh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss

#30 Posted by BritishMonkey (331 posts) - - Show Bio

there's finally a nova figure

i'm so happy about this, i'll be getting it as soon as it's out

also, where's beta ray bill? that should be amongst all this

#31 Posted by Overlander (552 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL Puck is a choking hazard. Shame that label is because of that bird, rather than the character.

#32 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

What's up with the reversed Future Foundation Spider-Man toy?

#33 Posted by The_Kid_Lantern (78 posts) - - Show Bio

Just noticed a Dark Hawk figure next to Night Hawk and above Nova! Gonna look out for that one.... ~KL~

#34 Posted by jordama (4106 posts) - - Show Bio

Legends Ass

#35 Posted by xanthiss (179 posts) - - Show Bio

The Longshot figure looks like Gordon Ramsey! :oD

#36 Posted by HellionVulcan (3910 posts) - - Show Bio

@jordama said:

Legends Ass

hahahaha nice but looks nice .

#37 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Miss_Garrick:

Looks like a Marvel Universe fig. If you look closer at Red She-Hulk in the background, her label is Marvel Universe.

#38 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

Want Jubilee Marvel Universe action figure...

#39 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

She-Hulk and Hercules.... YES!

#40 Posted by LordRequiem (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, and a Sentry toy, excellent! I've noticed in the Amazing Spider-Man game and just on here that sometimes his Future Foundation costume switches the colours round. Has that always been the case? I thought it to be white with a a bit of black not the other way round.

#41 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

@happypup70: HALLELUJAH!!!

#42 Posted by DeusVult (83 posts) - - Show Bio

SWEET!!!!!!! This is way cooler then the DC figures and collectibles!!!!!

#43 Posted by fanged_wolf (31 posts) - - Show Bio

when's the release date on the new marvel legends toy lines?

#44 Posted by NyxEquitis (401 posts) - - Show Bio

Too many figures, too little cash....

#45 Posted by Jayso4201 (568 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it looks like an epic battle tho!

#46 Posted by ka385385 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

Elektra looks great ,but where is that ghost rider's bike came from?

#47 Posted by ccrosby (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheMess1428: I've read that it's the 'stealth mission' variant of the costume (same one they used in the Amazing Spider-Man game), they had the regular FF spidey one on display as well.

#48 Posted by ccrosby (70 posts) - - Show Bio

It should be noted that Hit Monkey is the build a figure for that wave. Though you only need to collect three figures to build him. He looks great in person.

#49 Posted by Vincie_Pooh (109 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see God of War Ares! Where is it? That Purple man and Norman Osborn figures.... I want a Norman Osborn in a suit! I know we should get a Toy Stark in a suit... yes we should. but seeing that Osborn figure.. All I need is that Marvel universe wave of Professor X. (get about 2 of him.) Then pop the head off on one of them. And put a Norman Osborn head on that came with that Variant from Iron Patriot Marvel Universe. A quick and simple head swap/custom.

My wish and want list out of this line.

1.) God Of War Ares

2.) Wasp Janet in yellow and Black

3.) Young Avengers Pack All of them!

4.) Modern day Hawkeye

5.) Kaine Scarlett Spider

6.) Flash the NEW Venom

7.) X-Men Bishop

8.) ThunderStrike!

9.) Howard the Duck! (LOL I'm not joking)

10.) Super Skrulls! Or the First Super Skrull

(I still gotta build up on my marvel legends from Hasbro) (I miss Marvel when they where with Toy Biz.)

In Vonner we Trust! =)

#50 Edited by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

@blueninjapanther said:

I hate that the toys are now small

ME TOO! I like their look but not their size. I already have a huge collection and I can't just double it and get all the smaller versions as well. Makes me so made because I like their look and I've found some characters in the small version, but not the Legends size..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.