Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Rumor Patrol: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Animated Series

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

oh hell yes make it happen!

It’s not without reason that Guardians of the Galaxy is one of Screen Rant’s most highly anticipated 2014 Movies. Not only will it be the first non-sequel Marvel movie since 2012′s The Avengers, it will also introduce a brand-new team of weird and wonderful characters that includes an anthropomorphic tree played by Vin Diesel and a gun-wielding talking raccoon with the voice of Bradley Cooper.

As hyped as Marvel fans might be for Guardians of the Galaxy, it’s also one of the riskiest movies of the franchise so far. Unlike Iron Man or the Hulk, the Guardians of the Galaxy aren’t exactly well-known outside of comic book circles, and casual moviegoers will probably need some convincing before they decide to give the movie a chance.

However, a new rumor regarding an additional branch to the Guardians of the Galaxy franchise suggests that Marvel and Disney are feeling pretty confident about the characters’ appeal. CBM reports that, according to a “well placed source,” Marvel has plans for an animated series based on Guardians of the Galaxy. The source claims that Marvel was previously weighing this project up against another Spider-Man cartoon, but has now decided to go with Guardians of the Galaxy instead.

The comics featuring the characters would definitely be great source material for an animated series, with the sci-fi adventure premise and diverse band of characters holding a lot of appeal for younger audiences (and older ones, for that matter). The Guardians have already appeared as guest stars on both Ultimate Spider-Man and The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, and this latest rumor suggest that Marvel might have been deliberately testing the characters with audiences before giving them their own show.

As with all stories of this nature it’s important to remember that this information hasn’t yet been corroborated by any official sources, but it certainly makes sense. The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes debuted alongside the release of the big screen version of The Avengers, so it’s possible that Disney and Marvel are considering doing something similar with Guardians of the Galaxy.

Who knows, perhaps twenty years from now the kids of today will be sitting around remembering the Guardians of the Galaxy cartoon with the same kind of misty-eyed nostalgia that’s currently reserved for Batman: The Animated Series and X-Men. We’ll keep our fingers crossed.

http://screenrant.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-cartoon-animated-series-marvel/

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thats awesome but wait is jeph Loeb in charge of it. If so I weep for the series quality.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By MakkyD

It's very a very specific audience they're aiming for in order to promote the upcoming film imo.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

It's very a very specific audience they're aiming for in order to promote the upcoming film imo.

i dont care as long as they can get kurt russel to voice rocket racoon

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@maccyd said:

But Rocket is a cockney

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Id watch it, i dont watch any of marvels current animation though

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@tazzmission said:

@maccyd said:

But Rocket is a cockney

Did someone just recommend David Jason? ;)

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@maccyd said:
    @jonny_anonymous said:
    @tazzmission said:

@maccyd said:

But Rocket is a cockney

I always pictured Bob Hoskins until he retired but Del Boy would do just as good

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Thats awesome but wait is jeph Loeb in charge of it. If so I weep for the series quality.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@maccyd said:
    @jonny_anonymous said:
    @tazzmission said:

@maccyd said:

But Rocket is a cockney

In 2011, long before the GotG movie was announced, there was someone who I wanted to see as the voice of Rocket

It was Billy Idol.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We want another Avengers EMH. If it's in any way similar to Ultimate Spider-man, Hulk ATAS or Avengers Assemble, kill it now!

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#12  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I gave up on marvel shows a while back.

Avatar image for myfavoriteviltrumite23
    MyFavoriteViltrumite23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only why I can get excited for this is if they have a different artstyle compared to the other shows

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.