Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Rumor: Marvel may make a Gargoyles film

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I have very little evidence to back this up, but in a video by one of my most trusted Youtube personalities, it was said that because Disney took a Marvel property and is adapting it into a film (Big Hero Six) that Marvel Studios would do the same with a Disney property, and that it would most likely be Gargoyles.

For those of you who don't know, Gargoyles was an animated series made by Disney in the 90's to compete with Warner Brother's Batman the Animated Series. Like Batman TAS it had very high quality animation, voice acting, and stories (Co-created by Greg Weisman, the same man who brought us Spectacular Spider-Man and Young Justice) and was an over all very well made show. I haven't watched it in a long time but I do remember it from when I was a kid, and if ANYONE on this site appreciates animated series or animation in general it's me, so I would love for this to happen.

No Caption Provided

I do think this is possible, because the entire reason Disney purchased Marvel was to obtain "Boy brands" since they were already making more then enough money off of their princesses, and wanted to tap into the young boy/fan market. Since Gargoyles is a property aimed at boys, and is very superhero like, I could see Disney deciding to hand this off to the people who they know will do this type of property justice, and make money doing it.

Do I think it's likely? No, if it was going to happen we would have heard something on it by now, and the only info I can find on this are a 4 year old article, and another article put out on April fools day (aka Troll Christmas), which you can view here: http://screenrant.com/disney-gargoyles-movie-ross-68363/ http://www.craveonline.com/film/articles/668889-gargoyles-the-movie-is-coming-in-2017#/slide/1

In any case feel free to talk about how you feel about a live action Gargoyles movie, or just the idea of Disney giving Marvel properties to adapt.

Christopher Nolan Presents: The Duck Knight Rises
    Christopher Nolan Presents: The Duck Knight Rises

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Make it happen Marvel.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Don't see it happening. Marvel Studios already have a bunch of heroes on their plate I don't see them detracting from that to do Gargoyles.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't see it happening. Marvel Studios already have a bunch of heroes on their plate I don't see them detracting from that to do Gargoyles.

If Disney wants them to do that then they have to.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zaied

Marvel Studios wouldn't necessarily have to do it..

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied said:

Marvel Studios wouldn't necessarily have to do it..

No, but if Disney did want to make it into a movie, it would make sense for them to give it to Marvel.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Yeah, but first and foremost Disney is a business and business is good, there is little reason to drop Gargoyles in there.

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Wouldn't Marvel Comics integrate the Gargoyles into the Marvel Universe first?

That would be really easy to do in comic book format first.

The movies could be set in the same universe without ever actually interacting with each other.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hammertron said:

The movies could be set in the same universe without ever actually interacting with each other.

I think the big thing about Marvel doing this would be that it's them proving they can make movies outside of continuity, however since they lack the Fantastic Four, X-Men, and Spider-Man, it would make sense for them to add more characters to their universe. Plus, Marvel has a very low number of magic based characters to use, so adding in the Gargoyles could even things out a bit.

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@hammertron said:

I think the big thing about Marvel doing this would be that it's them proving they can make movies outside of continuity, however since they lack the Fantastic Four, X-Men, and Spider-Man, it would make sense for them to add more characters to their universe. Plus, Marvel has a very low number of magic based characters to use, so adding in the Gargoyles could even things out a bit.

I don't think Marvel suffers from a shortage of characters.

It's true that they don't have access to the Fantastic Four, X-Men, and Spider-Man right now. They do, however, have many other characters to choose from.

They are bringing the Inhumans to the forefront to cover for the X-Men.

They literally have thousands of other characters to choose from to fill whatever void they think they have.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hammertron said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@hammertron said:

I don't think Marvel suffers from a shortage of characters.

It's true that they don't have access to the Fantastic Four, X-Men, and Spider-Man right now. They do, however, have many other characters to choose from.

They are bringing the Inhumans to the forefront to cover for the X-Men.

They literally have thousands of other characters to choose from to fill whatever void they think they have.

That's true, but there is no guarantee that those other characters will work, so to expand they may look toward other already popular properties. Plus, your the one who brought them being in the same universe up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Maybe they could add them into the comics..

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill said:

Maybe they could add them into the comics..

That would be cool. Heck, while they're at it, put Ducktales and Darkwing Duck in the same duck universe that Howard the Duck comes from.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@captainmarvel4ever: Well that would be the only way I'd ever buy an Howard the Duck ongoing. That sounds like a fantastic idea!

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformers1024 said:

@captainmarvel4ever: Well that would be the only way I'd ever buy an Howard the Duck ongoing. That sounds like a fantastic idea!

If we can have Scooby-Doo crossover with Wonder Woman and Batman, then why not? Plus who could say no to more Ducktales/Darkwing Duck?

T_Aesir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big Hero 6 is a Disney production because Marvel studios dosen t make animation movies...

I like the terminology "allow", Disney hasn t to allow marvel anything they own them, if Disney wants a Gargoyles movie they will make that happen, marvel as no input in this case, why Disney ever wanted that Marvel studios produced this Gargoyles movie?? They (Disney) can do it by themselves like Maleficent and others, what s the point of Gargoyles being made by Marvel Studios??? Marvel Studios movies are very successful but Disney movies also are successful like Maleficent that beat Cap 2 in worldwide box office.

This also corrupted MCU, everything is connected with marvel property's, that s the trustful brand, don t see how this can be even a rumor???

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I wish that people would learn the difference between rumours and sh!t some guy on YouTube made up

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: I think that's honestly going a bit too far. Darkwing maybe but not the Ducktales characters.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@t_aesir: this is a good point. I just really want a Gargoyles movie and as you said, Disney can pull that off by themselves.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.