ReEvolution: Marvel's Next Big Thing Post AvX

#1 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1594 posts) - - Show Bio

What is Marvel planning after their event of the year?

In March, Marvel unveiled their new multi-platform digital initiative and called it "ReEvolution." But it's looking like the actual "ReEvolution" is something much more than that.

The word "ReEvolution" appears twice in Marvel's September 2012 solicitations: The Marvel Firsts: ReEvolution trade paperback, and a "Marvel ReEvolution" poster by Joe Quesada — Marvel's chief creative officer, seemingly cementing that this is indeed a Big Deal. When asked several weeks ago about post-Avengers vs. X-Men plans, Marvel's director of communications Arune Singh stated, "there will be a ReEvolution of the Marvel U in the wake of AvX." (While again saying they're doing something big post-AvX, Marvel declined comment on this story.)

Thoughts?

Source

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

So....um.... a new book and some incredibly vague digital comics stuff?

Neat?

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13623 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel: The New 52 : 3

#4 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1594 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

So....um.... a new book and some incredibly vague digital comics stuff?

Neat?

I guess, not a lot of information is being given from Marvel themselves. Right now, all we have to go off is the possibility of various writers leaving for new titles. I suppose that's a bit of a "evolution" in terms of the creative teams.

#5 Posted by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh.

#6 Edited by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm curious, but I think it's going to be a whole "Heroic Age" and "Shattered Heroes" thing. Looking forward to more on this though.

EDIT: Could have something to do with the X-Men with the emphasis on "Evolution."

#7 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1594 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

I'm curious, but I think it's going to be a whole "Heroic Age" and "Shattered Heroes" thing. Looking forward to more on this though.

EDIT: Could have something to do with the X-Men with the emphasis on "Evolution."

I think that much is obvious. Calling it now, the X-Men win this thing.

#8 Posted by Ms. Omega (4538 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay moar mutants I guess....

#9 Edited by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

In a perfect world, this would mean that Hope fulfills her messiah role and reverses the "no more mutants" bs. That's the only logical ending that comes to mind. Especially with The Phoenix, Hope, and Scarlett Witch being in the same event. Probably won't happen though *shrugs*.

#10 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger: Or they lose and it's about them realizing they strayed off their path. Or...a lot of different things haha.

#11 Posted by ChaosMarvel (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

This probably has something to do with the Spider-man event after AvX that is apparently quote "going to change the Marvel Universe."

#12 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

So after this everything in Marvel is going to be completely changed.

Well change is good, its not like this happens any 6 months or anything, lol.

#13 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio

ehhhh

not interested

sorry

#14 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

Reboot maybe?

#15 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1594 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

Reboot maybe?

Alonso has explicitly stated that there won't be a reboot, so this is something different.

#16 Posted by jinxuandi (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Just hope they don't relaunch all their titles. Seriously Marvel, can you just let any of your titles get to 50 without relaunching them?

#17 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1594 posts) - - Show Bio

@jinxuandi said:

Just hope they don't relaunch all their titles. Seriously Marvel, can you just let any of your titles get to 50 without relaunching them?

Hopefully.

#18 Posted by cattlebattle (13347 posts) - - Show Bio

Possibly the X-Men reuniting??

#19 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@BlackArmor said:

Reboot maybe?

Alonso has explicitly stated that there won't be a reboot, so this is something different.

Of course not. When has there ever been a reboot in comics? Now if we're talking revamp...

Lol, taking aside that blatant sarcasm, while I don't think that its a "reboot" either, I'm not sure how much his word on it not being a "reboot" can be trusted.

#20 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Possibly the X-Men reuniting??

Hopefully.

Actually, what I truly hope is that Utopia goes down.

#21 Posted by cattlebattle (13347 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@cattlebattle said:

Possibly the X-Men reuniting??

Hopefully.

Actually, what I truly hope is that Utopia goes down.

Heck yeah...Utopia was one of the silliest ideas ever IMO. "Lets integrate with humanity....by segregating".  Logic??
#22 Posted by Dernman (15686 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this new direction isn't in a bad direction. I already don't like what they are doing with their Cosmic universe. The new Nova and redesigned Star Lord is bleh.

#23 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@cattlebattle said:

Possibly the X-Men reuniting??

Hopefully.

Actually, what I truly hope is that Utopia goes down.

Utopia is the best thing to happen to the X-Men.

#24 Posted by cattlebattle (13347 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheAnnihilator said:

@ReVamp said:

@cattlebattle said:

Possibly the X-Men reuniting??

Hopefully.

Actually, what I truly hope is that Utopia goes down.

Utopia is the best thing to happen to the X-Men.

sarcasm?? I have trouble deciphering when typed.
#25 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Why would it be sarcasm? Of course a group of people who want to be accepted by society moving to an island and making their own nation is a great idea!

No, I'm being sarcastic.

#26 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1594 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course the best of all possibilities would be Namor leaving the X-Men.

#27 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Of course the best of all possibilities would be Namor leaving the X-Men.

Meh. I don't think I agree.

#28 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Of course the best of all possibilities would be Namor leaving the X-Men.

Meh. I don't think I agree.

Me either. It isn't that bad.

#29 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@ReVamp said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Of course the best of all possibilities would be Namor leaving the X-Men.

Meh. I don't think I agree.

Me either. It isn't that bad.

I'm actually starting to like Namor

#30 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Of course the best of all possibilities would be Namor leaving the X-Men.

Meh. I don't think I agree.

Would have to disagree as well.

Ever since this new title has begun I have become more interested in his character and think that he has earned his spot on the team.

#31 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1594 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@ReVamp said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Of course the best of all possibilities would be Namor leaving the X-Men.

Meh. I don't think I agree.

Me either. It isn't that bad.

I'm actually starting to like Namor

He's only likable when written by Gillen for me, and if Gillen is leaving Uncanny X-Men I don't want him around.

#32 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

He's only likable when written by Gillen for me, and if Gillen is leaving Uncanny X-Men I don't want him around.

I'm not sure Namor is meant to be "likable". And I don't think I agree with the logic. If the problem you have is that he won't be written well, then your problem wouldn't be would the character itself but the writer, wouldn't it?

But I still understand your point.

#33 Posted by Dernman (15686 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheAnnihilator said:

@cattlebattle: Why would it be sarcasm? Of course a group of people who want to be accepted by society moving to an island and making their own nation is a great idea!

No, I'm being sarcastic.

heh :p
#34 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

He's only likable when written by Gillen for me, and if Gillen is leaving Uncanny X-Men I don't want him around.

I can agree with that. But to be honest if Gillen leaves Uncanny I won't care if he's there or not because I'm dropping it

#35 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34958 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this means Wolverine evolves the ability to die......

#36 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

I hope this new direction isn't in a bad direction. I already don't like what they are doing with their Cosmic universe. The new Nova and redesigned Star Lord is bleh.

I really like how Star-Lord returned without an explanation! Same with Thanos and Drax!

#37 Posted by Dernman (15686 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheAnnihilator said:

@Dernman said:

I hope this new direction isn't in a bad direction. I already don't like what they are doing with their Cosmic universe. The new Nova and redesigned Star Lord is bleh.

I really like how Star-Lord returned without an explanation! Same with Thanos and Drax!

I don't mind them returning it's their look. It also looked to bright and happy almost. I read an interview on what's it's going to be like and it was horrible. I think they said they will explain it in the future.
#38 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@Dernman said:

I hope this new direction isn't in a bad direction. I already don't like what they are doing with their Cosmic universe. The new Nova and redesigned Star Lord is bleh.

I really like how Star-Lord returned without an explanation! Same with Thanos and Drax!

I don't mind them returning it's their look. It also looked to bright and happy almost. I read an interview on what's it's going to be like and it was horrible. I think they said they will explain it in the future.

I was excited for the cosmic return. I thought it'd be cool because they'd do all new concepts and let Abnett and Lanning's be over.

But nope. Bendis (or whoever is doing cosmic) is just recycling the main heroes of their storylines with probably very poor reasoning for bringing a lot of them back.

#39 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger: Even if Bendis is writing them? I admire your dedication. Personally if either Gillen and or Cyclops leaves I'm out.

#40 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1594 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@ApatheticAvenger: Even if Bendis is writing them? I admire your dedication. Personally if either Gillen and or Cyclops leaves I'm out.

I've been with the X-Men since I was a lad, from Claremont's Uncanny X-Men to Morrison's New X-Men to Whedon's Astonishing X-Men.

#41 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@BlackArmor said:

@ApatheticAvenger: Even if Bendis is writing them? I admire your dedication. Personally if either Gillen and or Cyclops leaves I'm out.

I've been with the X-Men since I was a lad, from Claremont's Uncanny X-Men to Morrison's New X-Men to Whedon's Astonishing X-Men.

I kind of know the feeling except with Teen Titans since Johns run. Still I think I'd abandon them if Bendis came knocking.For both of our sakes I hope Bendis doesn't start writing Uncanny but if he does good luck waiting him out

#42 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

Since there's not enough information about this yet, I can't really comment, but I think this might have to do with the mutant population possibly coming back (I hope so).

#43 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

So after this everything in Marvel is going to be completely changed.

Well change is good, its not like this happens any 6 months or anything, lol.

Changed every 6 months, then has all the repercussions washed away conveniently in time for the next one..Marvel has trained us to be skeptical at best when it comes to their events, I'll just wait and see and hope it's an improvement over what we have seen in the 2000's

#44 Posted by Night Thrasher (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

So after this everything in Marvel is going to be completely changed.

Well change is good, its not like this happens any 6 months or anything, lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.