Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Random Battle. Any Pairings Go.

General_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I want to know what would be the most popular possible movie rivalry.

Any pair goes. Personally I would like to see a movie with a rivalry between The Avengers and The X-Men. That would be pretty bada**.

General_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess my question was phrased for singular characters, so I'm going with Black Panther and Iron Fist. They would make a great movie, and a battle on film between them would be legendary. Throw the Punisher into the plot and you've got a blockbuster hit lol.

errantknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By errantknight

I'm clearly going to have to read somE Black Panther. Everyone seems to like the character and I know doodly-squat about him.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any pair goes. Personally I would like to see a movie with a rivalry between The Avengers and The X-Men. That would be pretty bada**.

There are all sorts of cool match-ups between those teams. One problem is that there's no obvious reason for the two teams to fight, except under special circumstances. There exists an underlying resentment from the X-men that the Avengers are appreciated more by the people they're trying to protect, and the teams tend not to like each other, but that's about it.

On another note, why aren't any teams stood up in the Marvel universe without "Avengers" or "X" in their names? The Avengers was a close-knit group of heroes that disbanded years ago, and most so-called "X-men" are now only remotely associated with the dream upon which the team was founded. Why can't team names reflect these changes?

errantknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see your point. The names are clearly picked to inform the reader, not to really reflect the teams.

General_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@general_t said:

There are all sorts of cool match-ups between those teams. One problem is that there's no obvious reason for the two teams to fight, except under special circumstances. There exists an underlying resentment from the X-men that the Avengers are appreciated more by the people they're trying to protect, and the teams tend not to like each other, but that's about it.

On another note, why aren't any teams stood up in the Marvel universe without "Avengers" or "X" in their names? The Avengers was a close-knit group of heroes that disbanded years ago, and most so-called "X-men" are now only remotely associated with the dream upon which the team was founded. Why can't team names reflect these changes?

I guess what I meant here was that I want to see a cinematic fight between the two. In it, they could include some more of the original Avengers, the X-men could all be brought together by the thought of a battle. It would be great!

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spider-man (of the amazing category) vs starlord

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthmummy said:

@general_t said:

I guess what I meant here was that I want to see a cinematic fight between the two. In it, they could include some more of the original Avengers, the X-men could all be brought together by the thought of a battle. It would be great!

Definitely. I'd like to see how Iron Man solves the "Iceman problem."

General_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@general_t said:
    @darthmummy said:

@general_t said:

Definitely. I'd like to see how Iron Man solves the "Iceman problem."

Now that's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. Nice play on words there.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.