Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Question: Which Marvel book should I read?

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

#1  Edited By knighthood

I'll keep this short. I grew up reading Marvel and don't want to drop them completely, but I've been dissapointed the in AVX crossover and the overuse of certain characters. I really enjoyed Wolverine and the X-Men, but the crossover is guiding the direction of the book, so I'm not really interested in that title at the moment. Plus Wolvie and Beast are running all over the Marvel U.

At the moment, I'm reading Daredevil. I'm somewhat interested the Fantastic Four. Are there any books without overused characters or that isn't involved in AVX that you'd recommend?

Thanks

Oasis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Oasis

I'm not really such what characters aren't running around in a lot of other books, but I currently read the Amazing Spider-Man and Invincible Iron Man. Those are both impeccable in my opinion. I'm looking into getting into a few other series, but don't really know which ones are good or what to follow, but I do avidly read the above titles. 

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Cap10nate

Winter Soldier is a brand new series that is an espionage type offshoot from Captain America. The first arc just ended and it is completely not associated with anything currently going on with AVX.

StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By StarKiller809

I'm reading Wolverine and the X-Men in trades, but you're already getting that.  

I heard that X Force was good from a couple of people. And Fantastic Four, and Daredevil. Plus Punisher. 

It all depends on what you like I guess.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.