Question About the Passage of Time in the Ultimate Universe

#1 Posted by spidermonkey2099 (615 posts) - - Show Bio

I've only read the earliest of stories from the Ultimate Marvel Universe (most of Mark Millar's Ultimate X-Men run and the first 20 or so issues of Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man), and in light of this recent continuation of the Ultimate universe stories, I was wondering, how much time has passed for the characters since then up to these new continuations (Spencer's Ultimate X-Men, the new Ultimate Spider-Man, etc.). Are all the surviving characters still the same age as they were when the Ultimate line of comics first began nearly a decade ago, or have they been allowed to age some? As with most comics, I don't expect that they've been aged in real time, but I recently decided to pre-order the graphic novel of the new Ultimate X-Men run, and that just got me thinking about it and I became curious enough to ask.

#2 Posted by RisingBean (3814 posts) - - Show Bio

First keep in mind, time has flowed differently from series to series. Months passed in a single panel of the Ultimates Volume 1 where they waited on a villain to fight to justify their budget, while Spider-Man has been slower paced overall. It has been awhile since I have read, but I seem to recall something being said that struck me as having had a few years pass by the time Ultimatum had hit. Really straining my brain and without access to my comics, I want to say it may have been in a Ultimate Spider-Man issue.

#3 Edited by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Peter Parker was 15 when he gained his powers and died at 17 so a little more than 2 years must have passed.

#4 Posted by spidermonkey2099 (615 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, thanks for the input guys!

#5 Posted by Wheates14 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Good question

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.