Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Q: What Should Marvel/Disney really focus more on?

bear1318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bear1318

Should Marvel/Disney focus more on telling Great Stories and developing unique characters in their movies, Instead of casting big name Hollywood Actors and Directors? Because nowadays I hear more about what actor or actress that's been cast than anything else. Tell me how yall feel on this one!!!!

Avatar image for underseer_kamal_rex
    Underseer_Kamal_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, even the best script can be unentertaining when read by a bad actor.

Anyway, the screenwriter's job is a thankless one, with little credit or blame ever being given to them. Heck generally the average person doesn't even know their names.

The marketing department knows that people don't care about who's writing the movie so they don't advertise it.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

I do think that Marvel/Disney should focus more on telling good stories then worrying about what big name actors/actresses are regarded for the role. But, I do agree with Underseer about how the general audience is mainly concerned with which actors and actresses will be in the movie rather than who wrote the scripts.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do think that Marvel/Disney should focus more on telling good stories then worrying about what big name actors/actresses are regarded for the role. But, I do agree with Underseer about how the general audience is mainly concerned with which actors and actresses will be in the movie rather than who wrote the scripts.

which is awful. writers get far little credit. actors/actresses are sooooo over rated.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

@rabbitearsblog said:

which is awful. writers get far little credit. actors/actresses are sooooo over rated.

I agree with this.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Good stories should be first.

Big name actors aren't always the actors best suited for the roles in superhero movies.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Bezza

Good stories come , obviously, good actors sell movies. Would Iron Man have been anything like as successful without RDJ? I mean the guy deserves every plaudit going for catapulting Iron Man into the premier league of superheroes.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Good stories henry cavil wasnt known but man of steel did good and RDJ as Iron Man was incredible

TheMGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheMGR

I swear to god if marvel Sony and fox come together and do a Spider-Man avengers xmen and fantastic 4 crossover starring deadpool punisher ghost rider luke cage black panther she hulk iron fist and daredevil along side them with doctor doom kang magneto and green goblin as the big villains and venom Sebastian shaw Loki doc ock and the wizard as the other villains I will watch it even if they cast the worst actors in the world to play them. Imagine this with good actors. Marvel would be richer than Bill Gates. I'm begging someone to send this to marvel it would be film of the decade

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By chem86

They should work on buying the rights to x-men/x-men related characters like deadpool. I want to see a deadpool movie made to the same quality of the irom man movies.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.