Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Punishers mask

barryallen23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

do you like punishers mask i personally think it makes him look badass

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

You mean the balaclava he wears in the current series? Nah, I can't say I'm a fan. I really don't like the whole paramilitary, call of duty look they have going on. I much prefer his classic costume or even the Punisher MAX trench coat outfit.

illustrate303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barryallen23: I absolutely love it! I think it looks so badass. Most comic fans dont like it becasue they are allergic to change.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

I don't really think a mask works for him.

Avatar image for the_jackolantern
    The_jackolantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it I feel like when he puts that mask on he really means business

powerplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By powerplay

Its weird to me that he suddenly wears a mask with no real explanation. The Punisher has never cared if his enemies knew who he was because he has already lost everything he cares about. Which is why I find it odd that he is suddenly using a mask

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@powerplay: Exactly how I feel. I definitely don't hate it, but it does seem a little out of character. Also, his ugly mug is infinitely more terrifying than a spray painted mask.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@sprior93 said:

@powerplay: Exactly how I feel. I definitely don't hate it, but it does seem a little out of character. Also, his ugly mug is infinitely more terrifying than a spray painted mask.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

He doesn't wear the mask to hide his identity, he wears it for scare tactics. That's the same reason Special Forces wear masks.

scuzz2.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

@sprior93 said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

He doesn't wear the mask to hide his identity, he wears it for scare tactics. That's the same reason Special Forces wear masks.

Dude, he's the Punisher. He doesn't have to make criminals more afraid of him. They're likely to be less afraid because they would be like "who's this guy impersonating the punisher? I'm sure glad the real Punisher isn't here or I would likely s#it myself."

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scuzz2_0 said:
    @jonny_anonymous said:
    @sprior93 said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Dude, he's the Punisher. He doesn't have to make criminals more afraid of him. They're likely to be less afraid because they would be like "who's this guy impersonating the punisher? I'm sure glad the real Punisher isn't here or I would likely s#it myself."

Why are you telling me this?

scuzz2.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scuzz2_0: Yes but that's what the writer said. Your comment made it sound like it was my idea.

Batmanx2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@xwraith: I wouldn't mind if it like a resembling a human skull but I just think without the mask he makes everyone thinks oh my gosh it's frank castle and he here to kill us what we did to his family

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.