Pre-thoughts about Uncanny Avengers

#1 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

Since it has been announced that Uncanny Avengers will be in Marvel NOW, how do you feel about this series and what do you hope and fear for this series?  Personally, I may not be completely on board with the X-Men joining the Avengers team, but I am excited to see how they will interact with each other and since Rick Remender is writing it, it's got me a little interested.  My fears for this title though is that it will get involved in too many events since this will be the flagship title and having too many events for this title could ruin the premise, even though Rick Remender is a good writer (I've enjoyed his Fear Agent series!)

#2 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

My only pre thought is

#3 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

On the edge.IDK if Xmen and Avengers mix will work, but I trust Rick Remender

#4 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superguy0009e said:

On the edge.IDK if Xmen and Avengers mix will work, but I trust Rick Remender

I feel the same way. I like the idea that Rick Remender is working on the title, but having the X-Men join the Avengers is a bit of a stretch.
#5 Posted by jhazzroucher (15216 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Rogue will be written well.

#6 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7268 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol no. Premise has been done to the death already. Heroes fighting villians, just, this time, the heroes fought themselves a while back and are trying to make amendments, yeah, no. Not trying to be a contrariant about it, but this is just a pile of yawn.

#7 Posted by The_Tree (7245 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of the roster or the art, so I definitely won't be checking it out.

#8 Posted by TDK_1997 (14474 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks stupid.

#9 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

Looks stupid.

Very insightful.

It's going to carry on with the Rogue/Scarlet Witch relationship touched on in Children's Crusade, be thematically similar to Uncanny X-Force, has the Red Skull and is illustrated by John Cassady, what's not to like? Sounds fantastic.

Not too keen on the majority of the new costumes though.

#10 Posted by TDK_1997 (14474 posts) - - Show Bio

@HotSauceCommittee said:

@TDK_1997 said:

Looks stupid.

Very insightful.

It's going to carry on with the Rogue/Scarlet Witch relationship touched on in Children's Crusade, be thematically similar to Uncanny X-Force, has the Red Skull and is illustrated by John Cassady, what's not to like? Sounds fantastic.

The roster ain't interesting to me,John Cassaday's art sucks for me and the only good thing is that Remender will be writing it.

#11 Posted by Twentyfive (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

@HotSauceCommittee said:

@TDK_1997 said:

Looks stupid.

Very insightful.

The roster ain't interesting to me,John Cassaday's art sucks for me and the only good thing is that Remender will be writing it.

Get out of my head!!!

#12 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how Red Skull's team seems more racially diverse than the Uncanny Avengers.

#13 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane said:

Lol no. Premise has been done to the death already. Heroes fighting villians, just, this time, the heroes fought themselves a while back and are trying to make amendments, yeah, no. Not trying to be a contrariant about it, but this is just a pile of yawn.

I will admit that it's a bit odd that the X-Men and the Avengers will suddenly be working together after they just fought each other. I wonder how this will play out.
#14 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's a cool idea for a mini. You all know that they won't keep them together for long so it's just one of those storylines that half will totally hate and the other will totally love. Would have been better if they did it with betters.

#15 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7268 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, another thing, this is one of the most boring rosters i've seen in my life, even the O5 could pull out more interesting stories than these bozos.

#16 Posted by photowill404 (105 posts) - - Show Bio

honestly the only reason i'm even interested in this book is that i read that Havok is going to be the tem leader. although im not a fan of the x-men and avengers joining forces especially so recently as they were all just fighting each other. also I really hope this is not the flagship title for the mutants. that would really suck.

#17 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@photowill404 said:

honestly the only reason i'm even interested in this book is that i read that Havok is going to be the tem leader. although im not a fan of the x-men and avengers joining forces especially so recently as they were all just fighting each other. also I really hope this is not the flagship title for the mutants. that would really suck.

I hope this isn't the flagship title for the X-Men either, because another reason I should have stated before is that I have a fear that the Avengers might over take most of the X-Men titles (even though that might not be possible). Although, I think they said that all-new X-Men is the new flagship title for X-Men, so it's not too bad, but still, does this mean that all of the X-Men will be joining the Avengers for now on?

#18 Posted by photowill404 (105 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: yeah it does feel as if the mutants are getting phased out or just pushed in a small corner of the Marvel U as far as books published go. I would really love it if Uncanny X-Men wasnt getting cancelled (for the second time in recent years) and I would love it if The Extinction team plays a prominent role in the Mutantdom still

#19 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio
@photowill404 said:

@Rabbitearsblog: yeah it does feel as if the mutants are getting phased out or just pushed in a small corner of the Marvel U as far as books published go. I would really love it if Uncanny X-Men wasnt getting cancelled (for the second time in recent years) and I would love it if The Extinction team plays a prominent role in the Mutantdom still

I hope the Extinction team plays a huge role in the later books too. It's like why would they even introduced them in the first place if they possibly might not be around during Marvel NOW?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.