Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Off My Mind: Marvel & DC, Why So Many Similar Characters?

• 153 results
    warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By warcorpse
    @batman_is_god: Moon knight is nothing like batman
    Avatar image for name_already_chosen
    name_already_chosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the OP needs to take a good literary theory class at college and learn about the notion of archetypes!

He needs also to learn about how popular culture reflects the zeitgeist -- which is why we had an era of supernatural sitcoms in the early1960s, for example (Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, The Addams Family, The Munsters) and an era of disaster movies in the 1970s and an era of mystical fairytale films in the 1980s and an era of . . . . you get the picture.

This idea may be new to him, but it's been openly discussed for a century now and can be traced back in the esoteric writings a few thousand years to Plato.

Slade_Lawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, EVERYONE should know MARVEL, the "creative ideas" theory is bullshit. DC's first comic was in June 1938 and started publishing right away, but MARVEL was created around the same time a year or so later, and didn't start publishing for a while. What were they doing? My first guess would be Stan Lee copying, he even admitted it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.