NYCC 2012: Marvel Heroes Character Reveals

• 55 results
#1 Posted by G-Man (33940 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#2 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't gonna get this before but it looks much better noe.

Although the motion comics thing is definitely from DCUO.

#3 Posted by k4tzm4n (43487 posts) - - Show Bio

Think I'll try Frank Castle for my first play-through.

Staff
#4 Posted by Trodorne (2587 posts) - - Show Bio

Come on Marvel, give me Alpha Flight and we'll talk

#5 Posted by BumpyBoo (9203 posts) - - Show Bio

I may need to be sedated.....This looks incredible.

#6 Edited by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah... unless I can be the previous Nova, Groot, Mantis, Moondragon, Cosmo or Starlord I'm out. OR GALACTUS!

I'm done with MMOs. I think the era of MMOs is slowly fading away. People are getting tired of the same thing over and over again.

#7 Posted by WonderKnight (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to this

#8 Posted by HollowPrince665 (97 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its really cool that they have some of the lesser known heroes in here too. Regardless, DD is my go to guy. I cannot wait to try this out.

#9 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo said:

I played the demo at Comiccon it was alot of fun and I'm really looking forward to it.

#10 Posted by BumpyBoo (9203 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@BumpyBoo said:

I played the demo at Comiccon it was alot of fun and I'm really looking forward to it.

Aw, no way! I would have loved have lived several hundred miles closer to that! XD

#11 Posted by riiiiiiiight (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, I'm not much of an MMO guy but this almost has me sold.

#12 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo said:

@Blood1991 said:

@BumpyBoo said:

Aw, no way! I would have loved have lived several hundred miles closer to that! XD

I'm from Virginia so it was a six hour drive, but it was totally worth it! I had never gone to a convention before. It was quite the experience.

#13 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3554 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing against this game. Just never been into MMOs, or basically games on my PC in general. Since it's free to play that also tells me micro transactions.

#14 Posted by DeusVult (83 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry but this doesn't hold a candle to DCU online.

#15 Posted by Pwok21 (2363 posts) - - Show Bio

New Nova?

Aww man, as much as I'm ready to give him a go I wanted Richie for this game :(

#16 Posted by kid Apollo (714 posts) - - Show Bio

@Trodorne: props to you buddy, i'm 100% Canadian and i couldn't care less if Alpha Flight war in it... well maybe Puck and Sasquatch.

on another note, this is not the Marvel MMo ive been waiting for! i want to create my own character!

#17 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1526 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeusVult said:

I'm sorry but this doesn't hold a candle to DCU online.

as far as creative freedom to create your character....yes

as far as the overall look (meaning play angle and such)....yes (but we will see)

as far as It looking like Marvel will have more input into this game than to what DC seems to not have in dcuo....not at all

DCUO is a fun game (through leveling up and the first few times through the raids/alerts. but SOE has done a horrible job of keeping the game feel fresh. And for a game that prides itself on creative freedom, there are still few options to really make your toon stand out. not too mention there is very little freedom in gameplay as in when you reach a certain level everyone has the same loadouts and 3/4 of the powers available are pointless.

I play DCUO and enjoy it (sometimes, mostly because I'm comic fan and I make Marvel toons) but it's not what they said it was going to be.

#18 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome! Can't wait to play this. If it is as good as it looks I would pay to play this, the fact I don't have to compound my happiness and excitement.

#19 Posted by jaytiz27 (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty cool, I need to get a better pc.

#20 Posted by tahmidk (283 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked how many characters from DC hadnt made their debut in any other forms of media till DCUO. The Eclipso vs Spectre fight was so sick

#21 Posted by TheJSquad34 (42 posts) - - Show Bio

What system will this be playable on?

#22 Edited by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@FoxxFireArt: The F2P model is going to be the same as LoL. You can either buy heroes or unlock them through gameplay. Same with costumes.

@TheJSquad34: PC then mac

#23 Posted by MisterKetch (253 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't quite get what this game is supposed to be about. DCUO seems to have a clearer story line that works for a MMO, this just sounds like theirs a single player story mode that you can play with a handful characters that have multiple costume choices yet no customization and then some multi-player zones where you can fight sentinels with people. I guess I should look into it since I know there is more info online but idk this didn't exactly grab my attention.

#24 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@MisterKetch: It's not just fighting senitels, did you play Diablo 3?

#25 Posted by Chaos Burn (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

@doordoor123 said:

Yeah... unless I can be the previous Nova, Groot, Mantis, Moondragon, Cosmo or Starlord I'm out. OR GALACTUS!

I'm done with MMOs. I think the era of MMOs is slowly fading away. People are getting tired of the same thing over and over again.

shame coz it's free, so you making a decision to play it based on whether or not random characters is a bit extreme

#26 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

it feels like Marvel Ultimate Alliance, just with online with other players?

is this game strictly online? can you play offline too? im still on the fence, imo it doesnt look great graphically, but if other factors are great, we'll see

#27 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Burn said:

@doordoor123 said:

shame coz it's free, so you making a decision to play it based on whether or not random characters is a bit extreme

There are DOZENS of free to play MMORPG games. The only thing that would sell me is the content. This is just a mix of Diablo and every other super hero MMORPG. If my favorite characters are playable, I will try it. How is that extreme? It is extreme for you to say that it is extreme.

#28 Edited by Sleepbutnodream15 (570 posts) - - Show Bio

Get me Legion, Nate Grey, Fantomex, and Archangel please.

#29 Posted by MisterKetch (253 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar:No but im familiar(ish) with it cause of friends. Honestly all I know about this game is what was in that trailer.

#30 Posted by Loki9876 (3045 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope you can play as Hank Pym.

#31 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

@Loki9876 said:

I hope you can play as Hank Pym.

They are planning to add constant characters to the game.

#32 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll probably pick Jean Grey at first, just so I can intentionally kill her.

#33 Posted by TDK_1997 (14891 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good.

#34 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks like the game I wish DCUO was.

#35 Posted by greenlucario (227 posts) - - Show Bio

Well they have Loeb Nova, so that ought to decide it for me. Until I see Richard Rider aka the REAL Nova, Moon Knight, or Ghost Rider it doesn't even deserve a second thought.

#36 Posted by sagejonathan (1953 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant wait.

#37 Posted by Arevish (302 posts) - - Show Bio

Do Want.

#38 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix and rocket raccoon , sold . Oh it's free even better

#39 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenlucario said:

Well they have Loeb Nova, so that ought to decide it for me. Until I see Richard Rider aka the REAL Nova, Moon Knight, or Ghost Rider it doesn't even deserve a second thought.

It might be an alternate costume, wait for it to come out then check.

#40 Posted by War Killer (20189 posts) - - Show Bio

When I first heard about this I'll admit that I wasn't completely excited, but the more and more I see of the game, the more I'm looking forward to it.

#41 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

They had me until "Motion Comics," then they lost me.

But they started to win me back at "free to play."

#42 Posted by marvelman2099 (198 posts) - - Show Bio

i kinda wished they had made it like dcuo

#43 Posted by JamDamage (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeusVult: no one has played it yet. How can you say that??

#44 Posted by Eclipse-32 (63 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still on the fence, but I admit this looks cool.

#45 Posted by cmaprice (809 posts) - - Show Bio

Mohawk Storm has me hooked.
Hope this is, in fact, ported to Mac very soon.

#46 Posted by marvelman2099 (198 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe they will port it to ps3 or 360 or both so it will be way better

#47 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I may just have to give this a try sometime! Wow...

#48 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

is Rogue in this game.

#49 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@LoganRogue24: Not announced yet, but there are still 10 unannounced heroes for launch.

There will be more post launch.

#50 Posted by Planewalker (326 posts) - - Show Bio

So you can't create new heroes like in DCO what's the point?!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.