Night Thrasher v. Moon Knight- Batman rip offs ?

#1 Posted by Eyelash30 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Night Thrasher is an African American set to avenge his parent's murder as a millionaire with plenty of money and particular street cred. Moon Knight is a redeemed mercenary and independantly wealthy socialite billionaire who fights crime to appease an Egyptian moon god while assuming three other identities as Marc Spector.

ALL BLATANT RIP-OFFS OF BATMAN.

Imitation is not the sincerest form of flattery, it's plagarism and not much on the creative thinking aspects. Though liked Bendis's Moon Knight for having Multiple Personalities, gotta be crazy to fight crime solo. ESPECIALLY since Night Thrasher and Moon Knight's enemies are slim and pathetic.....no equal to Joker in any way, not even in the same building on the same street.

Response...

#2 Edited by Metatron_Da_Don (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

[What follows is an excerpt from a lost interview conducted for a 1997 Holiday Special issue of Wizard Magazine. When pressed about the miniseries discussed in this piece, Warren Ellis declined comment, mustering only to shrug his shoulders shamefully while dramatically exhaling cigarette smoke. He appeared particularly morose.]

Note: 1997 Warren Ellis, likes to cuss.

http://www.nerdcenaries.com/?p=132
#3 Posted by foolkiller1 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eyelash30 said:

Night Thrasher is an African American set to avenge his parent's murder as a millionaire with plenty of money and particular street cred. Moon Knight is a redeemed mercenary and independantly wealthy socialite billionaire who fights crime to appease an Egyptian moon god while assuming three other identities as Marc Spector.

ALL BLATANT RIP-OFFS OF BATMAN.

Imitation is not the sincerest form of flattery, it's plagarism and not much on the creative thinking aspects. Though liked Bendis's Moon Knight for having Multiple Personalities, gotta be crazy to fight crime solo. ESPECIALLY since Night Thrasher and Moon Knight's enemies are slim and pathetic.....no equal to Joker in any way, not even in the same building on the same street.

Response...

I know it's a late reply, but i'm gonna tell you that I tell every one else......MOON KNIGHT IS NOTHING LIKE BATMAN!!

#4 Posted by Kiltro95 (295 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I've read about Moon Knight in the 1980 series made me mostly think of him more as a combo of the Shadow and Batman, Batman with the Gadgets, and the Shadow with him assuming different personas to catch criminals (also with how he has someone always their to drive him around) But one thing that makes a big difference between Batman and Moon Knight is that Moon Knight has killed, which makes him more closely related to the Shadow. But Moon Knight is a very unique and interesting character especially for the time he was released which was when killing machines like Punisher and Wolverine were most popular, and Moon Knight was different because he wasn't necessarily a killing machine but was still a interesting character. I guess what I'm trying to say is that yes there are small similarities between Batman and Moon Knight but nothing huge to call him a rip-off its the same with his similarities to the Shadow there so small there's no reason to call it a rip-off, but either way Moon Knight is an awesome character and one of the only reasons I read Marvel.

#5 Posted by spiderman20991992 (126 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eyelash30 said:

Moon Knight is a redeemed mercenary and independantly wealthy socialite billionaire who fights crime to appease an Egyptian moon god while assuming three other identities as Marc Spector.

Marvel made a character that's a billionaire, obviously plagiarizing batman!

but in all seriousness i don't see many similarities between moon knight and batman...

#6 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman plagiarized Zorro ... Wish ppl would get off this. It's lane and annoying and really doesn't matter.

#7 Posted by Alchemist_ (114 posts) - - Show Bio
@foolkiller1 said:

.MOON KNIGHT IS NOTHING LIKE BATMAN!!

Yes, he is.
#8 Posted by Eyelash30 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@Metatron_Da_Don: Warren Ellis is very much on his mark with Night Thrasher. Your comment is very refreshing.

#9 Posted by Alchemist_ (114 posts) - - Show Bio
@Eyelash30 said:

I will insist that Night Thrasher for losing his parents to criminal murder and for setting a vigilante revenge agenda on crime is very much a rip-off to Batman's motives.

You forgot the fact that he's also "insanely rich".
#10 Posted by foolkiller1 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alchemist_ said:

@foolkiller1 said:

.MOON KNIGHT IS NOTHING LIKE BATMAN!!

Yes, he is.

Let's name his similarities.

cape

wealth

lack of powers(although moon knight has had some in the past)

gadgetry based on his theme, but this was due to the fact that no hero character could carry a gun in the 70s

these are the only things moon knight has in common with batman , which are superficial at best and none are exclusive to batman.

Moon knight's origin, motive, personality(ies) supporting cast and rouges gallery have nothing in common with batman's.

#11 Posted by Alchemist_ (114 posts) - - Show Bio
@foolkiller1 said:

cape

wealth

gadgetry based on his theme, but this was due to the fact that no hero character could carry a gun in the 70s

these are the only things moon knight has in common with batman , which are superficial at best and none are exclusive to batman.

Moon knight's origin, motive, personality(ies) supporting cast and rouges gallery have nothing in common with batman's.

Moon Knight is based on Batman. Just like Batman is based on Zorro\The Shadow. It's evident in their character design. Any difference they have is just Marvel and DC using someone else's idea but not enough for it to be a criminal act.
#12 Posted by foolkiller1 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alchemist_ said:

@foolkiller1 said:

cape

wealth

Moon Knight is based on Batman. Just like Batman is based on Zorro\The Shadow. It's evident in their character design. Any difference they have is just Marvel and DC using someone else's idea but not enough for it to be a criminal act.

no he isn't based on batman, the creator of moon knight says the similarities are a coincidence. Here's an interview proving it.

http://comicfoundry.com/?p=1461

#13 Posted by Alchemist_ (114 posts) - - Show Bio
@foolkiller1 said:

no he isn't based on batman, the creator of moon knight says the similarities are a coincidence. Here's an interview proving it.

The writer is the last person i'd believe.
#14 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker's Design taken off Conrad Veidt's character in the man who laughs

#15 Posted by foolkiller1 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alchemist_ said:

@foolkiller1 said:

The writer is the last person i'd believe.

I'd believe the creator on moon knight from his own word. But of course the creator is Doug Moench, one of the most important writers in batman's history.

#16 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker from a 1919 story. He's a theif who leaves a joker card every where he goes. http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Joker

#17 Edited by Bergquist (695 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eyelash30: Good sir Batman and moon Knight are different the only thing that makes them close to being like each other is that they dress up and fight crime... Oh yea and they are rich. but so the fu*k what? why dont you read a moon knight comic.

Batman is a Detective.

Moon Knight is a crazy merc who becomes a hero.

#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33432 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enosisik said:
Batman plagiarized Zorro ... Wish ppl would get off this. It's lane and annoying and really doesn't matter.
#19 Posted by Bergquist (695 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eyelash30: "Maybe I should reinterpret myself or translate to state that Moon Knight is an imitation of Batman? Both seem motivated on REVENGE." ' Imitation is the sincerest form of plagarism.' - Jim Carrey." -- Sent in a private message.

Sir you are not a real Batman fan if you think he's motivated by Revenge! Batman is motivated by Justice.

#20 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio
@foolkiller1 said:

I'd believe the creator on moon knight from his own word. 

I wouldn't.
#21 Posted by JSH92 (417 posts) - - Show Bio

@foolkiller1 said:

#22 Posted by foolkiller1 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@foolkiller1 said:

I'd believe the creator on moon knight from his own word.

I wouldn't.

good for you.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.