Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

New to Marvel and don't know what to begin with

arukise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've always been more of a movies kind of guy, but now I want to start reading comics

So, I've searched for some Marvel stuff, and found out that there have been multiple reboots and stuff, and since I don't wanna spend my next 10 years reading every single comic that Marvel ever published, I was wondering which universe/reboot/series/whatever is better

I wanna read everything about The Avengers (not only the team, but all the components too), Deadpool, Spider-Man, Daredevil and that's it I think

Any suggestions?

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superior Iron Man is pretty good...

Current Avengers and New Avengers are good...

I would reccomend Ultimate Spiderman....

Thor: God of Thunder was pretty good

Infinity was EPIC

illustrate303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@arukise: Just start at the Avengers VS X-Men event ( eventhough it wasnt very good) but its the set up for everything from 2012 till now which is Marvel Now and All New Marvel now which is where you want to start. Then you can pick and choose which series you like from there. Marvel has made it pretty easy from there on out. Just look for the covers with red banner at the bottom that say Marvel Now

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

I guess you can start with Avengers vs X-Men. There is rumors that Marvel will have Retcon.

But i like this tittles

Current Captain Marvel

Curent Miss Marvel

All-New Ghost Rider

Inhumans

Uncanny X-Men

All-New X-Factor

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

My personal advice is to pick a character you want to follow, see if they have a series, and if it's good, just pick up the first issue of the latest volume and read. If you're enjoying yourself, start reading from the beginning of the series, since older books will just get you tangled in continuity.

Daredevil and Thor both just got some new awesome series' so you should check them out. There is also the new Uncanny Avengers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.