new marvel comic....

#1 Posted by moocowwoof (11 posts) - - Show Bio

i am looking for a good new marvel comic.  i have never collected comic books and i decided to start now. my friend has been keeping me up to speed with the current comics and what has been going on so i am looking for a good marvel comic that is currently going on. i really dont care who it is but when you make a suggestion please back it up with a reason :-)

thanks in advance!!

#2 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm...New right?
can't quite help ya there, I'm kinda like you in that department.

#3 Posted by Strife (1102 posts) - - Show Bio

Incredible Hercules, do it now. You can pick up from anywhere and get a good story with good art. It's overall fun and you get to see plenty of cameos of other characters as well. He's a fun character.

#4 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

Mighty Avengers. It's epic. 

#5 Posted by Truex (460 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling said:
" Mighty Avengers. It's epic.  "
Without a doubt the best Avengers book out.

You also should start picking up X-Force, X-Factor, Nova, or Guardians of the Galaxy.
#6 Posted by Fresh Prince (5148 posts) - - Show Bio

I would suggest Thor because it's one of the best out there right now but the creative team is about to change. 

Dark Avengers is also a good series.

#7 Posted by sora_thekey (8175 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by jloneblackheart (5519 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantastic Four just got a new creative team at #570 (came out a few weeks ago)

#9 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio

"Agents of Atlas", "Deadpool", "Guardians of The Galaxy"...

#10 Posted by moocowwoof (11 posts) - - Show Bio

thanx everyone right now i am leaning toward the mighty avengers....but i havent bought any yet so im still taking suggestions :-)

#11 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you like, Happy go lucky, Dark and gritty, or just nutz 

I would suggest X-Force, Deadpool just started a new arc where he is a pirate (it cracked me up), Mighty Avengers is a good buy. 

But if you're looking to just get into comics may i suggest checking out the Image stuff they have some awesome characters and have really hooked me in at the moment. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.