New Marvel Characters Emerge for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

• 180 results
Posted by MattDemers (313 posts) - - Show Bio

With Capcom announcing their new Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 title today, the Internet's aflutter with who the new characters could be. With 12 new fighters (six Marvel, six Capcom) being added to the ranks, there's a lot of potential for greatness, here.

Even though Capcom was looking to keep things relatively secret, the full roster of new characters got leaked anyway: we can expect Nova, Rocket Raccoon, Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, Ghost Rider and Hawkeye will be entering the fray. Their character portraits have been leaked via a flaw in Capcom's web site, which you can take a look at below.

A couple of these characters are long-requested, as Iron Fist seems to be a natural fit for fighting games, and Doctor Strange's villains (Shuma-Gorath and Dormammu) have long been part of the franchise. None of these additions really surprise me in terms of fighting ability: I can definitely see some awesome combos already.

Here's the full list of additions, and a trailer! What do you guys think about the additions? Can you see any cool new team combos out of these new fighters?

Capcom

• Strider
  • Firebrand
  • Vergil
  • Frank West
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Nemesis

Marvel:

• Ghost Rider
  • Dr Strange
  • Nova
  • Rocket Raccoon
  • Hawkeye
  • Iron Fist

Source: Joystiq

---

Like what I have to say and want to read more? Want to yell at me about comics, the Internet and whatever else? Follow me on my Twitter or my personal Tumblr!

#1 Posted by SuperEvilDOOM (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Rocket Raccoon? LOL. Those kind of wacky ones are the reason why I play Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

.... no Venom still. =/

#3 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1484 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123: Pish Posh.  Venom was in enough games!
Though I wished they added more Marvel gals.  Songbird especially.
#4 Posted by isaac_clarke (5479 posts) - - Show Bio

If I wasn't so pissed at Capcom I might have gotten this. 

#5 Posted by KeepThisKoupon (16 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by shadowtaker (73 posts) - - Show Bio

UMvC3 is slap to the face people who brought MvC3 and the dlc

#7 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

Many Megaman fans will rage

@isaac_clarke said:
If I wasn't so pissed at Capcom I might have gotten this.   

Same, I wanted megaman legend 3 as well
#8 Posted by harleyquinnhawkgirl (300 posts) - - Show Bio

this does look really cool but i think they could've picked much better characters. why are they not adding more female character? streetfighter and marvel's got pleanty of them!
#9 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

YAY! Ive been waiting for the Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom. Thats why I didnt get the original game. They always have an updated game that comes soon after.  
AND GREAT ADDITIONS
#10 Posted by TearsInRain (64 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Hawkeye!  Also I believe Firebrand is the demon from Demon's Crest which is one of my favorite SNES titles.

#11 Posted by Wattup (646 posts) - - Show Bio

They should make a SF vs. Archie game. Zangief vs. Moose, ya'll!!!

#12 Posted by The Velvet Rabbit (254 posts) - - Show Bio
@shadowtaker said:
yes, but not an unexpected slap to the face.   capcom does this with just about all of their fighters.

@Cafeterialoca
argh, I wasn't going to get picky, but now I want Songbird in a MvC game!
#13 Posted by Comiclove5 (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

I  want it!

#14 Posted by jloneblackheart (5482 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowtaker said:

Seriously. I don't play games much and I buy them even less. Marvel vs Capcom 3 hasn't even been out six months. I bought the special edition and everything. I'm pretty pissed I have to buy a whole new game instead of downloadable content.

#15 Posted by Transmetal (265 posts) - - Show Bio

Never bought the orignal cuz I figure dthis would happen...and I didnt have a console to play it on...so Im happy though I can understand the previous buyers of MvsC3 being pissed about this....WTF was Capcom thinking
#16 Posted by SpidermanWins (3963 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
.... no Venom still. =/
=(
#17 Posted by SuperEvilDOOM (25 posts) - - Show Bio
@shadowtaker: Not really. I bought the game and DLC. If the original was getting all these characters as DLC, it would cost more than it's retail price. Add in improved online, spectator support, more modes, etc. and it's worth the money.
#18 Posted by Ahmed Sherif (261 posts) - - Show Bio

Why didn't they bring Psylock? 
#19 Posted by msavo (65 posts) - - Show Bio

Should have been a download and a year. Instead we get a new retail disc in 9 months.

#20 Posted by GreenFuse (295 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh...November is so far away :(  

Dying to see Strange's gameplay trailer!

#21 Posted by Baddamdog (2212 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ahmed Sherif said:
Why didn't they bring Psylock? 
QFT. 

Or any new female. 

I am SEVERELY dissapointed. 

Although it would be quite cool to play as Iron Fist and Rocket Racoon. 

I will not be spending ANOTHER £40 pounds on a game I already have with 12 new characters which are not even that exciting.
#22 Posted by lastdrag0n89 (570 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally, DANNY gets some love!!!!!!!!

#23 Posted by Red Rum (357 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix Wright?!

What kind of dumbasses to they take us for?!

#24 Posted by CEO_OF_FRESH (174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red Rum
Phoenix was one of the most highly sought after characters
#25 Posted by rmanthorp (45 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

.... no Venom still. =/

Or Cyclops. :<

#26 Posted by rmanthorp (45 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW! No females at all! That's lame!

#27 Posted by Burnstar1230 (205 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red Rum said:
Phoenix Wright?!  What kind of dumbasses to they take us for?!
He could simply OBJECT from your opponent's characters pulling off their special moves or people a boot to the head lol. Glad I didn't purchase the original but I feel sorry for the people that brought it in February.  I always thought Nightcrawler, with all of his teleporting, could easily fit into the game, but I can't say I'm disappointed with the new characters on either roster
#28 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1484 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Velvet Rabbit: I know, right?  She's PERFECT FOR THIS!
#29 Posted by KRYPTON (1868 posts) - - Show Bio

This is DLC or a new game, the Ultimate before MVC3 confused me.. I'm guessing this is a sequel to the previous game, cool

#30 Posted by ImperiousRix (1050 posts) - - Show Bio
@CEO_OF_FRESH said:
@Red Rum: Phoenix was one of the most highly sought after characters
Indeed.  Capcom are the "dumbasses" for taking this long to include him in one of their "vs." games. 
I actually kinda like the eclectic cast they went with, especially on the Marvel side.  Too bad that I'm tired of Capcom money grubbing with these "add-ons" and constant releases, and that I didn't really like Marvel vs. Capcom 3 to begin with.  :/
#31 Posted by ninjadude853 (256 posts) - - Show Bio

NOVA'S COMING IN, YES!!!!!!!!!!

#32 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13625 posts) - - Show Bio

bought and bought just in time for my birthday
#33 Posted by justafan (132 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:

@shadowtaker said:

Seriously. I don't play games much and I buy them even less. Marvel vs Capcom 3 hasn't even been out six months. I bought the special edition and everything. I'm pretty pissed I have to buy a whole new game instead of downloadable content.

This is total BS
#34 Posted by CEO_OF_FRESH (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@superevildoom

Robert Raccon, is a kind of awesome character to me though.

#35 Posted by Samimista (21011 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw Rocket Raccoon is cute! <3

#36 Posted by CEO_OF_FRESH (174 posts) - - Show Bio
@ImperiousRix
Me too. I love the variety of well known, and not so known characters, and the unexpected. I've been waiting for Phoenix to get in for a long time. But I tried not to complain, because my favorites. She-Hulk and Storm all ready got in.
#37 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13625 posts) - - Show Bio

wait, how the f*%^ did Rocket Racoon get in!?!?  im happy cuz i love small animals with weapons but im sure there are alot of other characters people want. im so pre-ordering....Mohawk storm and cartoon laura are win
#38 Posted by I'maDC/ImageGuy! (1634 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll wait for ULTIMATE MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3: FATE OF TWO UNIVERSE X ARCADE EDITION to come out. Then I'll finally play the real game itself. MVC3 was just a 60 dollar beta and this is no different except you pay 40 bucks for a half finish product.

#39 Posted by Bestostero (5590 posts) - - Show Bio
@GreenFuse said:

Its really not, Marvel vs Capcom 3 came out February, and already they are sending out an updated version a few months later the same year, thats terrible for a game, its just greedy!!! They could've easily just made the characters as downloadable content.

Anyways, no new females, no Cyclops, Gambit, Psylocke, Guile, Megaman??? shameful.

Love Iron Fist, Frank West, and a couple others, but I'm not a 100% behind this.
#40 Posted by WonderBoy1132 (276 posts) - - Show Bio

I was dissappointed with the last one... 
I feel the character selections are limited... Marvel VS Capcom 2 will still and always be my favorite. 

#41 Posted by NightFang (10258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Comiclove5 said:
I  want it!
Same here.
#42 Posted by Nefilim927 (345 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cafeterialoca
That's why I really thought we'd get Carnage this time...sigh...Rocket Raccoon is just as good...right....hello?...anyone?
#43 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13625 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red Rum said:
Phoenix Wright?!  What kind of dumbasses to they take us for?!

aLOT of people wanted him badly
#44 Edited by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:

@shadowtaker said:

Its what happens with every Marvel versus Capcom... you should have realized this would come out. 
They always have a better version that comes out later in the year. I didnt buy MvC3 because I was waiting for this one. :D
#45 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
Better, but still crap
#46 Posted by fitchy101 (203 posts) - - Show Bio

May be a bit of a noob for asking this but is there a game mode where you can play Marvel vs Marvel?

#47 Posted by Moncole (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Give us a Marvel fighting game alone. I rather want Marvel characters than capcom

#48 Posted by GreenFuse (295 posts) - - Show Bio
@xhavoc86 said:
@GreenFuse said:

Its really not, Marvel vs Capcom 3 came out February, and already they are sending out an updated version a few months later the same year, thats terrible for a game, its just greedy!!! They could've easily just made the characters as downloadable content. Anyways, no new females, no Cyclops, Gambit, Psylocke, Guile, Megaman??? shameful.  Love Iron Fist, Frank West, and a couple others, but I'm not a 100% behind this.
Lol, for those of us who didn't buy the first game, it really is ;) 
#49 Posted by Axdemon (21 posts) - - Show Bio

It's weird that I'm more excited for the Capcom characters than I am the Marvel ones. PHOENIX WRIGHT!!!!!

#50 Posted by I'maDC/ImageGuy! (1634 posts) - - Show Bio

People only want Phoenix Wright in the game is so he can yell objection and point. What else could he do?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.