Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

New comic reader

bklounge17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey so I really just got into comics last year. I started off by reading a bunch of dc new 52 collected editions recommended to me by a friend and they were amazing. So I figured hey why not start reading some marvel comics. Problem is I have no idea where to start. What is marvels version of the new 52 and what are some realty good series that are in the collected editions form that I can pick up. I have heard from a friend that the current hawkeye run is amazing but what are some current series that I read. I'd prefer series that are still currently being published but I'm open to whatever.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

In all honesty, I'd wait until Secret Wars is over. Marvel will probably relaunch a lot of new titles. Right now isn't the greatest jumping on point.

But, if you wanna read trades, I say these are among the best:

Elektra

Ms.Marvel

Captain Marvel

Black Widow

Punisher

Thor:God of Thunder

Smoking_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

There really is no direct correlation in Marvel for DC's New 52. Though I have been a long time Marvel reader I do feel as though there is a lot to be desired from their books right now. I do however have several on my current pull list, the two I would recommend are Magneto and Loki: Agent of Asgard. Magneto has not yet been released in trade, but Loki has. Both series offer very interesting and well written views on two of Marvel's greatest villains.

I also like Deadpool, but that series is coming to an end next month. There are plenty of people who are not fans of Deadpool, but I like how his character juxtaposes humor and violence. He is a killing machine and is very good at what he does, but at the same time he is always comedic in everything he does.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.