Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Need some Marvel recommendations (yes, more)

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RedOwl_1

My questions and needs:

1. I follow some of your recommendations and started to read the ongoing Daredevil, I totally love it and I want to read more
    2. Other of your recommendations was the upcoming Winter Soldier, I want to read something about he before it
    3. Where I live they are starting Fear Itself, Is a good idea pick them?
    4. Finally, Do you think is a good idea pick up the upcoming Avengers vs X-men? What I need to know before read it?

PD: I'm a new Marvel reader

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Onemoreposter

Fear itself is pretty skipable. Although I really enjoyed the Journey into Mystery tie in to it. I recommend picking up some recent JIM back issues and if what's going on in Fear Itself sounds interesting enough to you give it a shot. It's pretty formulaic but if you don't have any expectations and keep your hopes low it ain't all bad.

I'm gonna pick up Avengers vs X-Men. Could be a flop but I'm a sucker.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Superguy0009e

I would say look for older books, like Secret Wars

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.