my thoughts on x-men leaving to be avengers

#1 Posted by photowill404 (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who is tired of seeing X-Men leave to go join up with the Avengers. What happened to loyalty to amongst friends, family and teammates. I'd rather see the mutants being utilized more so in their own books than having to be moved to other books for them to get a chance to shine. Cannonball, Sunspot (if he is the flamed figure on the cover on the new Marvel NOW Avengers #2) Beast, Wolverine, Storm (for a brief time, although its not determined where she will be after AVX) these are all prominent X-figures who could have been put to greater use in the X-universe. But these are just my thoughts on the matter.

#2 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@photowill404: wait until you read the first issues instead of complaining based on nothing

#3 Posted by photowill404 (105 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyWalker: i'm not complaining, and x-men have been leaving for the avengers prior to the AVX series. im just saying that if they want to combine both teams i'm fine with that, however why not use characters that normally do not get a chance to shine.

#4 Posted by allthatsgeek (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@photowill404: But wouldn't that be like putting together the Olympic Basketball Dream Team, and then just signing all of the Clippers?

#5 Posted by photowill404 (105 posts) - - Show Bio

@allthatsgeek: yeah but even the original dream team had Christan Laettner lol.

#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24692 posts) - - Show Bio

In Marvel everybody gets to be an Avenger or on an Avengers affiliated team eventually

#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24692 posts) - - Show Bio

Also Beast technically joined the Avengers in the 70s and has bounced between reserve and active member several times since then.

#8 Posted by allthatsgeek (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@photowill404: ZING! +5 sir.

#9 Posted by SoA (4705 posts) - - Show Bio

the increasing roster for the fantastic inhuman x-vengers of the galaxy is why im dropping marvel.

#10 Posted by McKlayn (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

wait Cannonball is joining the Avengers :'( WTF they are taking so many good characters who no doubt will be lost in the million of other avengers. I do agree though they are taking cannonball, beast, storm ect we Get puck and spiral :'(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.