Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Multiverse Vs Omniverse

• 143 results
    Avatar image for gamorasbigdaddy
    GamorasBigDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By GamorasBigDaddy

Not hard to understand... 

Marvel has it's own Omniverse that has been proven & back by severals comics/writers... 
    Hell CaptainBrit corps Celestial court watch over the Omniverse... 

It's fact Marvel has several Multiverses that's within  there own Omniverse.. 

Can't deny it cause canon proof! So saying it's wrong when it's obviously been said several dozen times & Marvel staff  ok's all this is simple being Wrong!
    "Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By "Colossus"
    @Waffle Fries said:
    " @"Colossus": Marvel's definition of their Omniverse is not accurate. And Marvel's universe is part of the real Omniverse regardless what the writers write. "
    its comics, they really dont even exist...
    karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By karrob
    @Waffle Fries said:
    "  The term Omniverse means all possible realities. Marvel can say that they have their own "Omniverse". That's fine, It's make believe. But the real term Omniverse means all realities/universes/multiverses. That would include our world, alternate/parallel universes, ect. The world of Marvel and it's parallel universes in actuality would be closer in definition to a multiverse. The same goes for DC and any other make believe world. Combined multiverses, including our own world and any other multiverse we are unaware of would make up the true Omniverse. "
    Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Waffle Fries
    @"Colossus" said:
    " @Waffle Fries said:
    " @"Colossus": Marvel's definition of their Omniverse is not accurate. And Marvel's universe is part of the real Omniverse regardless what the writers write. "
    its comics, they really dont even exist... "
    The Omniverse is comprised of all possible universes real or fictional. Read a book on physics or watch a documentary on it or something.
    "Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By "Colossus"
    @Waffle Fries said:
    " @"Colossus" said:
    " @Waffle Fries said:
    The Omniverse is comprised of all possible universes real or fictional. Read a book on physics or watch a documentary on it or something. "
    the marvel omniverse is different
    Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Waffle Fries
    @"Colossus" said:
    " @Waffle Fries said:
    " @"Colossus" said:
    " @Waffle Fries said:
    The Omniverse is comprised of all possible universes real or fictional. Read a book on physics or watch a documentary on it or something. "
    the marvel omniverse is different "
    Your right it is, it's a multiverse.
    Avatar image for gamorasbigdaddy
    GamorasBigDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By GamorasBigDaddy
    @Waffle Fries said:
    " @"Colossus" said:
    " @Waffle Fries said:
    " @"Colossus" said:
    " @Waffle Fries said:
    Your right it is, it's a multiverse. "

Not according to marvel...Marvel has several Mutiverses...
    Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Waffle Fries
    @GamorasBigDaddy said:
    " @Waffle Fries said:
    " @"Colossus" said:
    " @Waffle Fries said:
    " @"Colossus" said:
    " @Waffle Fries said:
    Not according to marvel...Marvel has several Mutiverses... "
    And by definition the Omniverse is EVERY multiverse real or fictional. I've put way too much energy into this. I'm done.
    "Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By "Colossus"
    @Waffle Fries said:

" @GamorasBigDaddy said:

" @Waffle Fries said:

" @"Colossus" said:

" @Waffle Fries said:
    " @"Colossus" said:
    " @Waffle Fries said:
    Not according to marvel...Marvel has several Mutiverses... "
    And by definition the Omniverse is EVERY multiverse real or fictional. I've put way too much energy into this. I'm done. "
    your right, but it still isnt a multiverse since marvel has several multiverse's of its kind, so it isnt a real omniverse but it still is not a multiverse
    heymanjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By heymanjack

I think that the Marvel omniverse is what people call the whole marvel totality. BUT when people compare the Marvel omniverse to other comic book companies they prefer to call it Marvel Multiverse because the term omniverse is used by fans to call the totality of all the comic book "realities/mulitverses/omniverses" including Marvel's omniverse and DC mulitverse.

"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By "Colossus"
    @heymanjack said:

" I think that the Marvel omniverse is what people call the whole marvel totality. BUT when people compare the Marvel omniverse to other comic book companies they prefer to call it Marvel Multiverse because the term omniverse is used by fans to call the totality of all the comic book "realities/mulitverses/omniverses" including Marvel's omniverse and DC mulitverse. "

this is true but you have to remeber that dc as well as marvel contain more than 1 multiverse in there totality.

i can name 3 different multiverse of marvel
    and 2 multiversus in dc , DC comics is one multiverse(which once contained an infinit amount of universes within it), and vertigo is a seperate multiverse(which itself contain an infinit amout of universes in it) though they both belong in "DC's Omni-verse"
    Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Baldy

How did this get to four pages? It's a fairly simple concept.

The term omni-verse literally means all universes. This includes all real and fictional universes, all of the ones in the past, future, and present. In comics, however, omni-verse generally refers to all of the universes that are owned by that specific company.

A multi-verse is even more simple as it merely refers to more than one universe. It could refer to only a couple to an infinite number of universes.

"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By "Colossus"
    @Baldy said:
    "

The term omni-verse literally means all universes. This includes all real and fictional universes, all of the ones in the past, future, and present. In comics, however, omni-verse generally refers to all of the universes that are owned by that specific company.

A multi-verse is even more simple as it merely refers to more than one universe. It could refer to only a couple to an infinite number of universes.

"
    what do you call marvels totality?
    OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By OmegaDynasty

Well this is how I see it.
    Uni-verse - A single universe
    Multi-verse- Multiple universes
    Mega-verse - Multiple multiverse
    Omni-verse- Everything.

"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By "Colossus"

so marvels totality should really be called a Megaverse then

/thread

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Baldy
    @OmegaDynasty said:
    " Well this is how I see it. Uni-verse - A single universeMulti-verse- Multiple universesMega-verse - Multiple multiverseOmni-verse- Everything. "

A "Mega-verse" and a "Multi-verse" are different names for the same thing. Though literally a mega-verse just means a huge universe.

@"Colossus" said:

" so marvels totality should really be called a Megaverse then  /thread "
    Probably best to refer to it as an omni-verse. While not technically correct, it's the term the companies use and thus would lead to less confusion than other terms.

courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#67  Edited By courtney12490
    @Baldy said:
    " @OmegaDynasty said:
    " Well this is how I see it. Uni-verse - A single universeMulti-verse- Multiple universesMega-verse - Multiple multiverseOmni-verse- Everything. "

A "Mega-verse" and a "Multi-verse" are different names for the same thing. Though literally a mega-verse just means a huge universe.

@"Colossus" said:

Probably best to refer to it as an omni-verse. While not technically correct, it's the term the companies use and thus would lead to less confusion than other terms.

"
    I think that the reason that this thread was made is because it does lead to confusion. If they all just referred to the Marvel Universe as a multiverse, I think that that would cause less confusion,
    "Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By "Colossus"
    @courtney12490 said:
    " @Baldy said:
    " @OmegaDynasty said:

@"Colossus" said:

"
    I think that the reason that this thread was made is because it does lead to confusion. If they all just referred to the Marvel Universe as a multiverse, I think that that would cause less confusion, "
    no, it wouldt
    gobstakid777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By gobstakid777

You know what! 
    Screw all this crap! 
    I'M Intervening 

First of all, omniverse, megaverse, and multiverse mean the exact same thing, because in the end, it just means infinite universes
    And Second, I'm creating a new catergory: The Pantoverse. Panto= "every"  
    Pantoverse= every omniverse, including the omniverse which we live 

There. I did it!

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ThanosIsMad

Marvel stops at Megaverse in regards to multiple universes.  They never cross over into Omniverse as they recognize all works as being part of the omniverse.

gobstakid777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By gobstakid777
    @ThanosIsMad said:
    " Marvel stops at Megaverse in regards to multiple universes.  They never cross over into Omniverse as they recognize all works as being part of the omniverse. "
    too bad they refer to themselves as a multiverse 

That's why my Pantoverse theory seems to be the best. This way there is still a term to apply to all reality as a whole, and Marvel can have their omniverse without having these pointless semantics debates
    gobstakid777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By gobstakid777

bump

courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By courtney12490
    @gobstakid777 said:
    " You know what! 
    Screw all this crap! 
    I'M Intervening 

First of all, omniverse, megaverse, and multiverse mean the exact same thing, because in the end, it just means infinite universes
    And Second, I'm creating a new catergory: The Pantoverse. Panto= "every"  Pantoverse= every omniverse, including the omniverse which we live  There. I did it! "
    Omniverse, Megaverse and Mulitverse don't all mean the same thing. A Megaverse and a Multiverse are debatably the same thing. An Omniverse, however, would contain all the Megaverses, Multiverse and any other universe. So don't intervene unless you actually know what you're talking about. By definition an Omniverse is every, all and any conceivable universe. Saying that a "Pantoverse" would contain all Omniverse is incorrect, because by definition there is only one Omniverse.
    Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By Fire-brand

now we just need a picoverse and we've covered almost all of the greek prefixes lol. but seriously wouldn't a mega verse just be a REALLY big universe. like if TOAA decided to fuse the entire multiverse into one big universe. omniverse is all universes while multiverse is a group of universes. i'm getting tired of typing "verse"

courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By courtney12490
    @Fire-brand said:
    " now we just need a picoverse and we've covered almost all of the greek prefixes lol. but seriously wouldn't a mega verse just be a REALLY big universe. like if TOAA decided to fuse the entire multiverse into one big universe. omniverse is all universes while multiverse is a group of universes. i'm getting tired of typing "verse" "
    I'm pretty sure that that's what a Megaverse is. I, also, am getting tired of typing the "verse". That and of explaining and re-explaining what, to me, is a pretty simple concept.
    Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Fire-brand

so let me see if i have this straight.

universe= standard single verse such as marvel 616
    multiverse= a group of universes such as the marvel multiverse
    megaverse= a really freaking big universe 
    omniverse= all multiverses and megaverses combined. all comic book realities spanning all brands and publishers.

Avatar image for prince_of_saiyans
    Prince of Saiyans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos with the HOTU was master of "omni reality". Multiverse=collection of universes, omniverse=collection of multiverses. Now in marvel i know parallel universe's= the multiverse, so what in the hell constitutes the marvel omniverse? 

Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Fire-brand

well, i don't know if omni reality is in reference to the universe or just all forms of reality in the marvel multiverse. if omni reality is reality across the omniverse then he would, theoretically, control reality in DC and vertigo as well. maybe he did, who knows?

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#79  Edited By rbysjti
    @Baldy said:
    "

"
    I disagree with your definition of the word: omniverse

Marvel Comics has its own omniverse. So has DC. But since they had a crossover, we can also say DC's omniverse includes Marvel's multiverses. vice versa. But it won't include the real universe  which is our universe. Why  combine fiction from non-fiction? 

The reality has its own omniverse. But it does not include universes created by man's imagination.
    ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By ThanosIsMad
    @Fire-brand said:
    " so let me see if i have this straight.  universe= standard single verse such as marvel 616 multiverse= a group of universes such as the marvel multiverse megaverse= a really freaking big universe  omniverse= all multiverses and megaverses combined. all comic book realities spanning all brands and publishers. "
    A Megaverse is a collection of multiverses.
    Avatar image for prince_of_saiyans
    Prince of Saiyans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No i don't care what marvel pretends constitutes as omni verse, a fictional character in its comics cannot control things in unrelated fictions lol, that would be like saying thanos controlled reality in our real universe because he was "master of omni reality" LMAO

courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By courtney12490
    @Fire-brand said:
    " so let me see if i have this straight.  universe= standard single verse such as marvel 616 multiverse= a group of universes such as the marvel multiverse megaverse= a really freaking big universe  omniverse= all multiverses and megaverses combined. all comic book realities spanning all brands and publishers. "
    I don't really know what place a megaverse has here, but the rest, with the exception of the omniverse are correct. The Omniverse is not  only all multiverse and megaverse and all brands and publishers, it is also our universe and any other universe out there.  

@rbysjti said:
    " @Baldy said:
    "

"
    I disagree with your definition of the word: omniverse  Marvel Comics has its own omniverse. So has DC. But since they had a crossover, we can also say DC's omniverse includes Marvel's multiverses. vice versa. But it won't include the real universe  which is our universe. Why  combine fiction from non-fiction?   The reality has its own omniverse. But it does not include universes created by man's imagination. "
    It's fine that you disagree, but it doesn't make you correct. Marvel and DC don't have their own Omniverse, they each have multiverse. THERE IS ONLY ONE OMNIVERSE AND IT INCLUDES ANY AND ALL KNOWN AND UNKNOWN UNIVERSES/MULTIVERSE. I don't know how to make it any clearer than that.
    Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Fire-brand
    @courtney12490: ok, fine, we were published by god. so there. you know what i meant : P

oh and for the record : 

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1. Megaverse is the term used to refer to the multiple universes of the many RPGs produced by Palladium Books.
    2. Megaverse can also refer to a term used to classify multiple universes, although the term normally used to describe multiple universes is multiverse.
    courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By courtney12490
    @Fire-brand: I don't necessarily believe the whole God angle, but yes, I was pretty sure what you meant, but just wanted to clarify. So basically Megaverse = Multiverse.
    rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By rbysjti
    @courtney12490 said:
    " @Fire-brand said:
    I don't really know what place a megaverse has here, but the rest, with the exception of the omniverse are correct. The Omniverse is not  only all multiverse and megaverse and all brands and publishers, it is also our universe and any other universe out there.  

@rbysjti said:
    " @Baldy said:
    "

"
    I disagree with your definition of the word: omniverse  Marvel Comics has its own omniverse. So has DC. But since they had a crossover, we can also say DC's omniverse includes Marvel's multiverses. vice versa. But it won't include the real universe  which is our universe. Why  combine fiction from non-fiction?   The reality has its own omniverse. But it does not include universes created by man's imagination. "
    It's fine that you disagree, but it doesn't make you correct. Marvel and DC don't have their own Omniverse, they each have multiverse. THERE IS ONLY ONE OMNIVERSE AND IT INCLUDES ANY AND ALL KNOWN AND UNKNOWN UNIVERSES/MULTIVERSE. I don't know how to make it any clearer than that. "
    I disagree with that. The omniverse can only be one. But since man can create imaginations, they can create there own universe, but fails to be part of the real omniverse. Fiction cannot be combined with non-fiction.

Tell me, who do you consider as the omnipotent in Marvel?
    Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Fire-brand
    @courtney12490: theres a reason i was laughing as i wrote that. but yeah, although i like my definition more, a mega verse is a multiverse.
    courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By courtney12490
    @rbysjti said:
    " @courtney12490 said:
    " @Fire-brand said:

@rbysjti said:
    " @Baldy said:
    "

"
    It's fine that you disagree, but it doesn't make you correct. Marvel and DC don't have their own Omniverse, they each have multiverse. THERE IS ONLY ONE OMNIVERSE AND IT INCLUDES ANY AND ALL KNOWN AND UNKNOWN UNIVERSES/MULTIVERSE. I don't know how to make it any clearer than that. "
    I disagree with that. The omniverse can only be one. But since man can create imaginations, they can create there own universe, but fails to be part of the real omniverse. Fiction cannot be combined with non-fiction.  Tell me, who do you consider as the omnipotent in Marvel? "
    Again, it's fine if you disagree, but it doesn't make you correct. In fact, in this case, it makes you incorrect. If somebody "created" a universe in their minds, then it would be part of the Omniverse. The Omniverse does combine fiction and non-fiction, it is by definition every universe whether it's made up or real, like ours. 
    Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Fire-brand
    @courtney12490 said:
    " @rbysjti said:
    " @courtney12490 said:
    " @Fire-brand said:

@rbysjti said:

I disagree with that. The omniverse can only be one. But since man can create imaginations, they can create there own universe, but fails to be part of the real omniverse. Fiction cannot be combined with non-fiction.  Tell me, who do you consider as the omnipotent in Marvel? "
    Again, it's fine if you disagree, but it doesn't make you correct. In fact, in this case, it makes you incorrect. If somebody "created" a universe in their minds, then it would be part of the Omniverse. The Omniverse does combine fiction and non-fiction, it is by definition every universe whether it's made up or real, like ours."
    that's assuming our universe is real. holy crap this thread just went from defining terms to a philosophy discussion.
    rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By rbysjti
    @Fire-brand said:
    " @courtney12490: theres a reason i was laughing as i wrote that. but yeah, although i like my definition more, a mega verse is a multiverse. "
    a megaverse is not a multiverse. They're different. I think mega = million. But multi can be at any numbers.

@Fire-brand said:
    " @courtney12490 said:
    " @rbysjti said:
    " @courtney12490 said:
    " @Fire-brand said:

@rbysjti said:

Again, it's fine if you disagree, but it doesn't make you correct. In fact, in this case, it makes you incorrect. If somebody "created" a universe in their minds, then it would be part of the Omniverse. The Omniverse does combine fiction and non-fiction, it is by definition every universe whether it's made up or real, like ours."
    that's assuming our universe is real. holy crap this thread just went from defining terms to a philosophy discussion. "

Nope. A person creating his own universe is still not part of the real omniverse cos it doesn't really exist. It's just an IMAGINATION. But i'm not angry ok? I'm just emphasizing that word. You can't combine both. Tell me , if you're gonna be told to get the whole earth's population, are you going to include cartoon characters and anybody created by man's imagination?
    Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Fire-brand
    @rbysjti: first of all, while mega does mean million, in this case we're using it from the root megalo- meaning large or a large number of universes. and if i'm getting the whole earths population i would get all the people on earth in our universe. how would i get things from another universe? omni means all, so any and all universes would, by definition, be included. even if it seems impossible.
    rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By rbysjti
    @Fire-brand said:

" @rbysjti: first of all, while mega does mean million, in this case we're using it from the root megalo- meaning large or a large number of universes. and if i'm getting the whole earths population i would get all the people on earth in our universe. how would i get things from another universe? omni means all, so any and all universes would, by definition, be included. even if it seems impossible. "

-Well the cartoon characters also live here on Earth.

-It is apparent that mega is different from megalo. But I may take consideration on your idea since i haven't grasp much about the matter.
    Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Fire-brand
    @rbysjti: those characters are known here, but they do not live here. besides, comic book characters aren't people.
    rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By rbysjti
    @Fire-brand said:
    " @rbysjti: those characters are known here, but they do not live here. besides, comic book characters aren't people. "
    They are people. they're just not real.
    Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Fire-brand
    @rbysjti: they can't be people if they are not real. that makes no sense. they aren't people, they are drawings of people.
    rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By rbysjti
    @Fire-brand said:
    " @rbysjti: they can't be people if they are not real. that makes no sense. they aren't people, they are drawings of people. "
    it can't be universe if it ain't real too. They are not universes. They're just drawings/imagination of people too.
    Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Fire-brand
    @rbysjti:
    then why is it called the marvel universe? it either needs renamed, or it must be included in the omniverse
    rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By rbysjti
    @Fire-brand said:
    " @rbysjti: then why is it called the marvel universe? it either needs renamed, or it must be included in the omniverse "
    are the characters in marvel universe called people too? 

It doesn't need to be renamed. All you have to do is separate the real from the unreal.
    Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Fire-brand
    @rbysjti: but that defies the definition of an omniverse. you can't pick and choose on this.
    courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By courtney12490
    @Fire-brand said:
    " @rbysjti: but that defies the definition of an omniverse. you can't pick and choose on this. "
    What he just said. An Omniverse, by definition includes any and all universes. 
    rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By rbysjti
    @Fire-brand said:
    " @rbysjti: but that defies the definition of an omniverse. you can't pick and choose on this. "
    Negatory. 

If you insist i have defied the definition of an omniverse, then you just defied the definition of "people" too. 

Logic used illogically is not a logical logic but an illogical logic logicalizing an illogic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.