Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Movie Caps next look

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
    deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So with Winter Soldier out we've got the fourth and (somewhat) fifth version of Captain America's costume, which are closer to his second look in The First Avenger than what Whedon went for in Avengers.

Which I think is a good thing as, despite a little unnecessary padding, the look in First Avenger was far better than "as close to a comic book look" that was done in Avengers.

But where would you like to see the suit go from here in Avengers 2 and (hopefully) Cap 3?

I feel they've pretty much nailed the overall composition of the suit with his S.H.I.E.L.D version at the start of Winter Soldier and simply need to revert it to the red, white and blue color scheme (with chest wings vice the lone star). This way they can use the short fingerless gloves and the new boots vice the equivalents from previous films. The only thing I wish would return is Cap sporting a pistol like in First Avenger.

I don't really understand why Marvel has decided to drop this given it was clearly used in First Avenger rather than just being seen strapped to his side. There is being true to the character and being confined by the comic version and I think this is a case of the later. Just because Cap uses the gun doesn't mean he has to kill anyone. With his skill and marksmanship it can easily be shown that he always disables his opponents (knees, shoulders, hits their own guns, whatever) vice kills (its never even shown in First Avenger that he actually killed anyone by shooting them) and he doesn't need to use it in every situation. But its a tool at his disposal and another visual cue of the soldier that he is. Plus, Avengers 2 will have a robotic villain, so Cap shooting robots in the head is not going to suddenly make him a killer. Plus the addition of a side holster fits perfectly with the back strap and belt he's now sporting without necessarily going back to the older style combat straps.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.