More Details on the 'Marvel Heroes' Online Video Game

Posted by G-Man (36715 posts) - - Show Bio

We've heard a little about the upcoming 'Marvel Heroes,' the free-to-play online game from Gazillion Entertainment. I was invited to join GameSpot when the developers came in to show off what they have so far.

The game is written by Brian Michael Bendis and the release date is still to be determined. Check out the video below and let us know what you think.

#1 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

pack of wolverine vs marvel heroes. EPIC!

#2 Posted by k4tzm4n (48870 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like it could be pretty fun and since it's free-to-play there really isn't any good reason to not give it a chance.

Staff Online
#3 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

You should have mentioned that David Brevik is also creating the game.

#4 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1533 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact though that they aren't planning to put it on console is a bad business decision

#5 Posted by Vermoot (95 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupremeHyperion: A MMO on a console is a hard thing to develop/play :/

#6 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks more fun than Diablo 3 and its free.

#7 Posted by radawg82 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Ultimate Alliance Online???

#8 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

this should be for game consoles as well.

#9 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Looks like it could be pretty fun and since it's free-to-play there really isn't any good reason to not give it a chance.

Plus they have Rocket Raccoon!

#10 Posted by cmaprice (809 posts) - - Show Bio

I dislike that this won't be on console, or otherwise ported to Mac OS. 

Not sure if I'll ever get to play it.

So want to check out how costumes work. 
Mohawk Storm would make me so happy.

#11 Edited by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupremeHyperion: No it's not. The PC market is in a stronger position than console market that the moment. With this generation of consoles soon(Next 2 years) getting replaced coding a game for those systems while trying to make it PC friendly and preparing for the next generation of consoles is cost prohibitive.

@cmaprice: It is getting a Mac port soon after release

#12 Posted by Mr_Athrilla (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Still not sold on this game. Superhero games should aim for as much immersion as possible. 20 wolverines running around kind of ruins that for me.

This game seems to have the same problem I had with MUA 1 and 2, That i don't feel like i'm playing as my favorite iconic superhero, but the Superhero community in general. I like Spider-man, but this game won't have any moments tailored to him. There wont be any moments in the plot that revolve around Tony Stark's intelligence, Captain America's leadership, Or Wolverine's resistance.

It seems like Gazillion is disregarding the individual heroes personalities in favor of a pure combat experience. If that's the case it would of been better if they had gone with the create-a-character route.

#13 Posted by Aspirant (16 posts) - - Show Bio

the stop and start gameplay looks a little dated. You should be able to run and shoot etc.

#14 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Athrilla: It's explained in the story.

#15 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1533 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@SupremeHyperion: No it's not. The PC market is in a stronger position than console market that the moment. With this generation of consoles soon(Next 2 years) getting replaced coding a game for those systems while trying to make it PC friendly and preparing for the next generation of consoles is cost prohibitive.

if you know of DCUO then you see that a console MMO works and can be done at a somewhat high level. and with the number of comic fans alone who play console games it's a guarantee to make money. I understand how PC gamers are special (in their minds) and want everything for themselves but to think it can't be done and that it won't bring in a large amount of money is silly

#16 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupremeHyperion: DCUO is shit. They can't patch properly. They can't protect credit card information properly. The story is lost currently at a loss and the PC port was absolute watery crap.

World of Warcraft disagree about bring large amounts of money.

League of Legends also disagrees.

Lord of the Rings Online is laughing pretty hard about "pc can't bring in a large amount of money"

Console MMO can work. So long as it's not ported to PC. Consoles are the weaker system both in tech specs and a market.

#17 Posted by Iron Fist Angel (230 posts) - - Show Bio

At first I was disappointed this wasn't coming to console. After seeing that, I'm not the slightest bit upset anymore. It looks pretty bad.

#18 Posted by deadpool25mm (602 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant wait for it to come out!!!!

#19 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1533 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@SupremeHyperion: DCUO is shit. They can't patch properly. They can't protect credit card information properly. The story is lost currently at a loss and the PC port was absolute watery crap.

World of Warcraft disagree about bring large amounts of money.

League of Legends also disagrees.

Lord of the Rings Online is laughing pretty hard about "pc can't bring in a large amount of money"

Console MMO can work. So long as it's not ported to PC. Consoles are the weaker system both in tech specs and a market.

Not sure what you are really ranting about here but great job..... Pretty sure I just said that if Marvel wanted to make more money and make happy a far larger fan base they would make it console able as well.

#20 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupremeHyperion: Which is partly what killed DCUO and forced into F2P. Porting to Console while easier is not optimal. This game is currently too powerful to play on the X-box 360.

Not enough ram by a huge margin.

#21 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

Free 2 play and guild of hulks! im in

#22 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cavemold said:

Lets rock it.

#23 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@Cavemold said:

Lets rock it.

Thats what im saying!

#24 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to play this it looks so fun!

#25 Posted by Bluefox170 (384 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks fun to play with friends.

#26 Posted by Wolverine0628 (398 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks like a mini-version of Ultimate Alliance.

#27 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

This game looks really fun, can't wait to play it.

#28 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14948 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil team called The Court of Devils or The Devil inside who is up for it!

#29 Posted by PaladinTX (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to play this.

#30 Posted by BigMaraSpence (74 posts) - - Show Bio

Since no on else has called it, I call dibs on the guild "web-heads."

#31 Posted by Dbennett6684 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Only thing I wish is that it was like super hero squad online where if you join a quest with others you are limited to characters not already picked by others in your quest. It's kind of weird seeing the same characters onscreen.

#32 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Already have an account and am hoping to get into closed Beta. If you guys see a BloodCV running around I made it in :D

#33 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely want to give this a try when its eventually out. Looks great!

#34 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

Did they just have the Hulk grow and THEN turn grey? smh.

Anyways, looking forward to the game.

#35 Posted by War Killer (20343 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks pretty awesome exactly. Be awesome to be playing as Captain America, then run into an Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, and Ms. Marvel and shout "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!"

I would TOTALLY do that every time. xD

#36 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Chaos Burn (1787 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmaprice said:

I dislike that this won't be on console, or otherwise ported to Mac OS. Not sure if I'll ever get to play it. So want to check out how costumes work. Mohawk Storm would make me so happy.

the mohawk costume has been revealed

https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-articles/new-alternate-costumes-shown-nycc-2012

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.