mistakes

#1 Posted by avengpymhawk (371 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember the good old days when information side bars gave you things like when a villain last appeared or Joe Smith had a broken arm in this issue. Well lately I'm noticing more and more through the years that mistakes are being made by the writers. Now should the writers, editors, and asst. editors be accountable for thier mistakes? I mean they have a obligation to the readers (like new readers) to find out the information themselves. I mean they all have the internet as we do. What are your thoughts?

#2 Posted by zero edge (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

editor should get most the blame because well... he's the editor... and needs to do his job and edit. As for the writer... it'd be just embarrassing and can damage his rep.

#3 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, that is a huge problem in the "House of Ideas" right now. Some (not all, notably) writers sit around and whine about "40 years of continuity is too hard!".

Well, buddy, you wanted the big bucks and attention for writing a big name title. You have to work for it.

(What amusing is that the same writers who says this can't seem to get events that occurred within the last year right *cough*Brubaker* cough*)

But Zero Edge is absolutely right, the bulk of the responsibility lies with editing, whose job it is to catch this stuff. I don't know what it is that editing does anymore, but they ain't editing. I don't even think they spell check anymore.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.