Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel's Trinity

• 125 results
    Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#101  Edited By Hawkeye446

@Super-Buster said:

Why does Marvel have to conform to DC's trinity? I think as far as Marvel's "pillars" go, they answered that question when they created the ultimate universe. They chose the four most iconic titles: Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Avengers (Ultimates). These are the four entities that hold up the Marvel Universe.

A bit late. It doesn't have to conform necessarily. The idea of the thread is if there WAS a known Big three, who do you think it would be. Hypothetical.

Avatar image for marvel_dc_heroes_villains
    marvel_dc_heroes_villains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

My trinity: Captain America, the big blue boy scout who represents the American Dream (i.e. Superman).

Wolverine, the true badass of Marvel, unkillable thanks to both powers and popularity, arguably the most important character for Marvel in terms of their film output, as X-Men started it all.

Spiderman, my favourite hero. Despite his genuine superpowers, there is no more relatable character in comics than Peter Parker (Superior Spiderman can eff right off). Clark Kent may be 'the most human of [the Justice League]' according to Batman, but he's an all-powerful alien god. Batman is a normal human, but is incredibly wealthy. Pretty much everyone has been Peter Parker, a geeky, dirt-poor college kid. No other hero from DC or Marvel comes close to him.

(I know I haven't done the teams provided, but I think it's acceptable to replace a Fantastic Four member with Spidey).

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Bp would have to b in the trinity

Wiseman108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I think there's two ways to make this trinity, symbolism and power.

Symbolism is the virtual "face" of the teams and the aren't always the strongest of the teams. This trinity would probably consist of Captain America, Mr. Fantastic, and Wolverine.

The other option is to go by powers and abilities, in this sense I think it would be best to pick members that compare to the DC trinity in powers and or personality. This trinity would consist of Thor, Invisible Woman, and Wolverine, Thor would represent Superman, Invisible Woman would represent Wonder Woman, and Wolverine would represent Batman.

Finally if we go by moral standards, popularity, and powers I'd say the trinities would be Thor/Superman, Ms. Marvel/Wonder Woman, Spider-Man/Batman.

So in short the best 3 Marvel Trinities would be.

1. Captain America, Mr. Fantastic, Wolverine.

2. Thor, Invisible Woman, Wolverine

3. Thor, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man

I personally think number 2 is the best of the three.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

It's cap, thor, and iron man.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

mettlekm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think he would be. If you were going for popluar characters it would be Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Hulk.

Agreed! With Thor, Cap and Iron Man on level of Flash and GL.

I like the Tony Stark quote, a lot. But have a different spin on it, FF represents Family, Avengers represents Justice/Team, and X-men represent a Cause (fight against racism.) X-men kind of blend the team concept with family, cause of their commonality. 3 representatives are Sue Storm, Cap Amer & Prof X (before they trashed him).

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

for Marvels trinity I always figured it to be Captain America, Spiderman, and Thor, but you do make a very solid point that Marvel's trinity would be their 3 main teams. So under these rules and some thinking this is my trinity:

Avengers: Captain America - He was part of the Avengers since the begining he represents hope and freedom and has lead his team through he impossible and it was solidified during Infinity.

FF: Reed Richards - The smartest mind on the planet. The man is an innovator and works hard to protect his family and the world, including stopping Galactus.

X-Men: Wolverine - bear with me here, I know Cyclops is the leader of half the team and until recently the leader of them all but Wolverine is the face if the X-men he is the person who get it done no matter how dirty the job is and right now he is tying to accomplish Xavier's dream of teaching young mutants to use their power to help build a peaceful future between mutants and humans.

Wiseman108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Wiseman108

Actually Captain America was not part of the avengers since the beginning, he didn't join till the second issue. The founders were Hulk, Thor, Iron-Man, Ant-Man, and Wasp. With that said if anyone should represent the Avengers it should be Iron-Man (not likely because of civil war) or Thor (makes sense since the avengers were formed to combat Loki in the first place). Thor has been on the team just as much as the other main members, plus he can equal superman in power (not counting superman prime).

As for the Fantastic Four, Reed is the leader and could represent it I suppose, but the Invisible Woman is the heart of the fantastic four, friends with Ben, sister of Johnny, and wife of Reed. Without Sue the Fantastic Four would probably fall apart, so I could see her representing the team. She parallels Wonder Woman better than the others being one of the more powerful female superheroes.

Lastly for the X-Men I have to agree with Wolverine, he is the face of the X-Men and he's the only one that has a good ongoing solo series. He's also the only member to have a solo movie, which is awesome. He matches Batman in attitude, both being dark and edgy, although unlike batman he'll kill when he has to.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wiseman108: Cap didn't join until the 4th issue of The Avengers.

Wiseman108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Wiseman108

I see, my point is still valid though, he wasn't a founding member. :P

Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
    HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weirdly, Marvel have adapted much more then DC so don't really have any sort of trinity, traditionally, it was captain America, Namor the sub mariner, the human torch... Now, I guess Captain America has to stay, Black Widow as the longest running and best selling female should be in there, as should the Hulk for having such a successfull run for both comics and TV in America and in England...

So

Captain America (from 1941 vs Batman 1939)

Black Widow (from 1964 vs Wonder Woman 1941)

The Hulk (From 1962 Vs Superman 1938)

I exclude teams, it does not make sense to include them as every team has their own avenger, defender and explorers. It's the Marvel formula from right back with the three Xs, always a team with a detective (original Batman and Wonder Woman) an inventor (Original Batman) and a strong man (original superman and Wonderwoman) or some combination of the three, be it xmen, avengers or fantastic four.

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am gonna need time to gather some data before i decide.

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was just thinking, even the warriors three fit the mold,

Hogun - Strength (Superman)

Volstagg - Mind (Batman)

Fandral - Skill (Wonder Woman)

I guess it's just the old trope a mWarrior', a 'Mage' and a 'Thief'...

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

Interesting

Wyrmdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman

Captain America

The Hulk/Wolverine

This is exactly the lineup I was thinking of when I read the OP. They don't have the same intergalactic power scale of the DC trinity (exception to the Hulk and Batman, but you get the drift) but they are similar in how iconic they are for the universe they represent. Marvel doesn't really have proper analogues to them in any other way that would seem to count (power, position, team-affiliations...).

My $0.02.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By darthphoenix

spiderman

wolverine

hulk

(i hate captain america)

but to win over dc trinity it would have to be

silver surfer

Phoenix

spiderman

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone said Hyperion = Superman, Nighthawk = Batman, Power Princess = Wonder Woman? From the Squadron Supreme hehe

Voorhees100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Voorhees100

Marvel has two sets of "Trinities"

The three biggest heroes IN the Marvel universe is Captain America, Iron Man and Thor.

The three most popular in OUR universe is Wolverine, Hulk and Spider-Man

No Caption Provided

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel's trinity would have to be (imho)

Spider-man

Wolverine

Hulk

Captain America, Iron Man and Thor would make a decent alternate for any of them.

If a Woman must be in the Trinity to balance Wonder Woman... it can only be either Invisible Woman or Storm. Black Widow isn't important enough to either the public or the comics, and Ms. Marvel isn't important at all in either (as much as marvel tries to make her). She should replace Hulk or Wolverine.

Spider-Man is the only one guaranteed a position in Marvel's Trinity.

I do like the concept of the Trinity reflecting the Big Three Teams of the Marvelverse. Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four. Its a good mix of causes, ideals, family, drama, love, hate, and of course power.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Marvel has two sets of "Trinities"

The three biggest heroes IN the Marvel universe is Captain America, Iron Man and Thor.

The three most popular in OUR universe is Wolverine, Hulk and Spider-Man

No Caption Provided

Exactly.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel doesn't have a trinity. This thread only proves that.

But I do feel they have certain insecurities in this department as it's amusing how at times you can feel they push so desperately Thor, CA and IM into that spot, especially with the most recent events haha

Just no.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ironman, Captain America & Thor it's more clear than ever now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.