Marvel's Super Hero Squad...Music Video

Posted by G-Man (37631 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is a trailer that was shown at Comic-Con last weekend.  I'm not sure if there's already been discussion over this as I've been away from my computer the last few days.  The Super Hero Squad will premiere on Cartoon Network on September 19, 2009 with a four episode marathon.  

The cast includes Mark Hamill as the Red Skull, Robert Englund as Dormammu, Taye Diggs as Black Panther, James Marsters as Mister Fantastic, Tricia Helfer as Sif, Lena Headey as Black Widow, Adrian Pasdar as Hawkeye and George Takei as Galactus.

Despite the impressive list of voice actors, I have some doubts over this.  I tried reading the first issue and was not impressed.  It's not secret that I'm a huge Mini-Marvels fan (by Chris Giarrusso).  I would have much preferred a cartoon based on Mini-Marvels with the Chris' humor that goes along with it.  My little daughter feels the same way.  When we read Mini-Marvels, she cracks up at the jokes and images.  With Super Hero Squad, it was like there were crickets in the background.   A lot of the jokes really fell flat.  I haven't tried reading beyond issue #1.  Hopefully this cartoon will pick things up.

What do you think?  Will you give this a try?
#1 Posted by War Killer (20374 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL! Thor is Way Cooler Then Obama

#2 Posted by Drafta (690 posts) - - Show Bio

The Obama pics made me smile, but overall I'm not impressed.  I'm still checking it out, though.

#3 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks kinda silly. Could be a fun show.

#4 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that if in a Marvel comic, a villain somehow turns all the superheroes into infants...then they'd turn out something like this.

#5 Posted by Archetype (731 posts) - - Show Bio

ugh really! Does Obama have to be shoved down even our kids' throats.Don't get me wrong I don't dislike him as a person but honestly no matter who the president was I wouldn't want to see him in a cartoon unless it was a TV Funhouse production.

Also while I love some animated stuff JLU,classic cartoons like "Insert Superhero" the animated series, but this is a little too childish for me...Batman TBATB is my limit.

#6 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

What this seems to me its being marketed to kids, but much like say Sponge Bob there is gonna be a lot of jokes and stuff they won't get that adults will. Which I don't have a problem with, it seems like it might be something funny to watch if there is nothing else on tv.

#7 Posted by ZORN (1605 posts) - - Show Bio
No
#8 Posted by Darkchild (41301 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord if you love me do not let my son see a trailer of this, or i wil have to watch it

#9 Edited by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio

this does look interesting but it looks so mini as the japanese would call them chibi's except in a more american kinda way as long as it lives up to the comics i don't mind miss marvel looks cute anyway

oh sweet it has dormmamu

yeah im giving this a nice ride

oh and look theres a planet Hulk trailer you can click on to when the vid ends

#10 Edited by Ravn (180 posts) - - Show Bio
I am greatly unimpressed with this trailer (course not NEARLY as unlmpressed as I am with the Wolverine anime), And honestly, I'm a little bother by the well-endowed, Chibi Ms. Marvel!!  
PASS!!

@Nahero said:
oh and look theres a planet Hulk trailer you can click on to when the vid ends "

Yeah Planet Hulk looks SWEEEET!! LOL
#11 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3561 posts) - - Show Bio

This is one of those things that are made that I really don't know what to make of it. Looks like it would be great for little kids though.

The adding of the president was rather random. lol

#12 Posted by Perspective91 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

I just watched the Planet Hulk trailer. It looks  AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 Posted by NightFang (10196 posts) - - Show Bio

There so cute, when their samll! :)

#14 Posted by Selty (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh. 

#15 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

wtf...did i...just watch?

#16 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Perspective91 said:
"I just watched the Planet Hulk trailer. It looks  AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

amen to that. i want a civil war or secret war movie though
#17 Posted by AirDave817 (824 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the Chris G Mini Marvels stuff m'self, too. But, sadly, that was not based on a successful toy line of merchandise like Hero Squad is. I'm probably more likely to look for the Mini Marvels than watch this.  

#18 Edited by jefprice (878 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is a great idea, they're not going after us I don't think, I think it's aimed towards young kids and I think they'll find it does well with that group. 

Though I am sick of seeing Captan O in everything. Good lord and he had what like 5 new comic come out a few weeks ago? Everything is marketing with him, I'm sick of it. Marvel, give us comics and cartoons, not political ad's. 
#19 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

looks ok

#20 Posted by joshmightbe (25003 posts) - - Show Bio

im thinking this is mostly for the spongebob crowd so it dosent really matter to me either way.

#21 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

That image reminds me of Ren And Stimpy for some reason lol. 

I'll give this series a shot.
#22 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah,my computer is pretty stupid and won't let me see the video.Is there another place I might be able to see it?

#23 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio

This reminds me of Inspector Gadget's Field Trip....

#24 Posted by ulrich200 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

looks funny,childish funny.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.